Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Funny I'd heard that Mc Neillus isn't on the squad this year. Looking forward to this, no reason we cannot be competitive.

country bumpkin

Antrim certainly look on the right path, giving Donegal plenty to think about.....
Look in forward to the league.....we certainly are on the upward....

stiffler

Good set up at portglenone.

Will the county final be played there if the trend of all SW finals continue?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Round Portglenone the talk is not about where the county final should be played, but can Casements be playing in one, lol. Credit to groundsman Mickey Kelly for having pitch in great shape. Club committee looking at third phase expansion, possibly to include a stand (seating area).

On football front, Enda and co making continued progress. Drawing with Donegal with 6 mins left on the clock is a worthy effort and a clear sign that continued progress is being made. Well done to all involved.

Belfast GAA man

Lots of cargin players committing to county is a big difference imo. Hasn't happened in long time

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on January 15, 2022, 05:41:12 PM
Round Portglenone the talk is not about where the county final should be played, but can Casements be playing in one, lol. Credit to groundsman Mickey Kelly for having pitch in great shape. Club committee looking at third phase expansion, possibly to include a stand (seating area).

On football front, Enda and co making continued progress. Drawing with Donegal with 6 mins left on the clock is a worthy effort and a clear sign that continued progress is being made. Well done to all involved.

Great set up yes, but the pitch looked like a skating rink bannside
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Firm underfoot conditions (high specification of stones, sand and drainage) with a wet surface may result in some slippage, but the upside was the pace of the game for the time of year. Generally speaking the club prefers to close during the winter months to allow it to reach springtime in perfect condition.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on January 15, 2022, 06:49:26 PM
Firm underfoot conditions (high specification of stones, sand and drainage) with a wet surface may result in some slippage, but the upside was the pace of the game for the time of year. Generally speaking the club prefers to close during the winter months to allow it to reach springtime in perfect condition.

Good luck with that
I reckon it's going to be 12 month season for that place now
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

rogercasement

Mighty impressed with Antrim today, even though it was pre season and Donegal held us at arms length it would seem all the squad knew the game plan and played to it. Long time since that happened! On a side note, was stewarding today and got close to Donegal team, absolute gentlemen and carry themselves very well.

EOC1923

While watching Donegal warm up I feared for Antrim, Donegal had some serious big units. But Antrim weren't found wanting on the physical side with a serious amount of turnovers and hard hits. They are set up very well. I stood behind Antrim dugout and impressed with the management teams style and organisation.
Great setup at Portglenone as usual.

bannside

Agree RC, Donegal held us at arms length, but with Five minutes left we were level...and who knows! Some good individual performances, and overall a very creditable performance. Brewster PK this night two weeks.....that when it starts.

geezer

Never seen the game today but a respectable result. Usually we get tanked against the bigger teams no matter what the competition. Seemed to be in the game all the way. I know its mckenna cup but positive all the same.

Hopefully the lads can carry their form into the league and no reason why we cant have a proper rattle at it.

NotedObserver

country bumpkin

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 16, 2022, 12:57:41 AM
Who impressed for Antrim?

The squad impressed, made a total eleven changes in the game and no visible weak links at conclusion.....

rogercasement

I know it's not Antrim related but jeez that ulster final was a hard watch.