Dick Clerkin

Gavin Doogan
Mark Downey
James Turley

Conor McManus
Paul Finlay
Christopher McGuinness

Maguire01

This is going to be interesting. If this team can do a decent job, it could be great to still have the option of another 5 or more tried and tested regulars to slot back in. A big relief to see McManus back in there - that could make a massive difference and reduce the reliance on Finlay.

omagh_gael

That's a massive change from last year. Would that be completely new HF and HB lines? This is a very hard game to call.

donelli

monaghan team for tomorrow, im counting 7 league debutants

1   Mark Keogh
2   Deasún Ó Mocháin
3   Kieran Duffy
4   Coilín Breathnach
5   Drew Wylie
6   Cormac Brady
7   David Hughes
8   Néill Mac Adaim
9   Risteard Ó Chléircín
10   Gabhan Ó Duagáin
11   Mark Downey
12   James Turley
13   Christopher McGuinness
14   Pól Ó Fionnalaigh
15   Conor Mac Maghnuis

16   Pádraig Mac Beinéid
17   Shane Smyth
18   Paddy Kieran
19   Breandáin Mac Cionnaith
20   Owen Duffy
21   Diarmuid Ó Maoileoin
22   Gabhan Ó Flannagáin
23   Conor Galligan
24   Stephen Driver

Main Street

Can't be that hard to call, can it? We have had to be all out just to survive in Div1 last year and this looks far from our best team. Galway have the call.
I think Doogan at hf played in last year's league game against Galway. I don't know why he didn't feature after that game, by all accounts he's worth keeping an eye on.

galwayman

We're not in great shape at the moment.Without the 2 Joyces and Mikey Meehan our scoring power is massively reduced.Armstrong and Bane are the only 2 scoring forwards on the fifteen for this weekend.Sice is a converted wing back,de Paor not a county standard player,Bergin well past his best and not a forward either while Clancy is more a workhorse than a consistent scoregetter.
The fullback line looks solid enough.Not sure about the half line though.
Bradshaw and Hoare is an interesting pairing at midfield.
Bradshaw is a top quality player though he is very small to be playing midfield at county level. He certainly wouldn't be winning any aerial duels around the middle though I assume his role will be to use his fitness and moblity to get up and down the pitch and hopefully kick a few scores. I haven't seen Hoare play in a few years.I think he has been badly affected by a back injury over the past few years.

Does anybody know the best route from Galway city to Iniskeen? How long is it likely to take? Thanks

omagh_gael

I'd imagine the best route would be Up the m6 to athlone then on to Cavan. From Cavan on to cotehill (windy enough roads) to Ballybay then on to Carrickmacross. Head back to towards Castleblaybey and you'll see the signs out to Iniskeen (country back roads)

You could also head to Monaghan from Cavan (better road) then on past Castleblaybey and into Iniskeen.

Maguire01

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 05, 2011, 07:05:27 PM
I'd imagine the best route would be Up the m6 to athlone then on to Cavan. From Cavan on to cotehill (windy enough roads) to Ballybay then on to Carrickmacross. Head back to towards Castleblaybey and you'll see the signs out to Iniskeen (country back roads)

You could also head to Monaghan from Cavan (better road) then on past Castleblaybey and into Iniskeen.
If you do this, you'll be going the wrong way. Inniskeen is the Dundalk side of Carrick, not the Castleblaney side.

Cosmo Kramer

Would you not be better going M6, M50, M1 and then just turn off at Dundalk? Especially in this weather.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

soldier of destiny

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on February 05, 2011, 09:50:52 PM
Would you not be better going M6, M50, M1 and then just turn off at Dundalk? Especially in this weather.

Definitely M6, M50, M1 but i think you'd be better getting off at the N2 Derry exit and then taking the N2 right up to the  Carrickmacross/Dunalk exit. 

Mid Mon

mattockranger

Shock resullt of the day fair play to Mc the knife fair play!

19 scores!!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Main Street

It was strange game to watch, from wondering early on if our team full of wee skinny runts could keep it respectable, to half time -  only a point in it - how did that happen?  to a second half stroll against totally dishevelled and dispirited Galway.
Dessie Mone has a tranquilising effect on my match nerves, he looks to be getting younger. There sounded to be good Ballybay contingent in the crowd, judging by the noise that greeted the 2 points from young McGuinness. Was there a brief stunned silence that greeted Dick Clerkin's second point?
McAdam at CM impressed and Downey looks more a confident player.

Great to start with a win and in such convincing manner, I can only imagine that the other players will be itching to get back on.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mattockranger on February 06, 2011, 04:32:23 PM

Shock resullt of the day fair play to Mc the knife fair play!

19 scores!!

Considering the state Galway football is in, is it really that much of a shock?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cosmo Kramer

Saw the second half of this on TG4, Galway were so so bad all over the pitch, I haven't seen them in this state since the early 90s.

Fair enough their forward line will look massively different come the summer but there is still no sign of a commanding midfielder breaking through for them and their backs are average at best and likely to come under a lot of pressure as they will lose midfield in most games.

It will be interesting to see what O'Flaharta can do with them that Kernan couldn't, he will know after today that he has a big job on his hands. Although with the pick Galway have in terms of numbers, you'd expect that surely he can rustle up a few players from somewhere to at least make them competitive in Connacht. No point sticking with the tried and trusted anyway, a lot of them have shown that they're not up to it.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100