The Pieman

Test.

Hello fellow Monaghan followers  :)

I am The Pieman.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Pie-Man.

thewanderer

no he is very fat. who ate all the pies? ;D

The Pieman

What is the perception of the county champions chances in Ulster this year?  With big names like Crossmaglen, Ballinderry & Mayobridge to name a few already gone from this year's championship, it's a really good chance in my estimation for Clontibret to actually win the competition.  They where impressive in the county final and I see no team in Ulster thus far that they should be overly worried about.  Thoughts?

I am the Pieman.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Pie-Man.

omagh_gael

good luck to drumhowan on sunday, its my mums home club and my cousin is playing!

thebandit

omagh_gael

Quote from: thebandit on October 15, 2009, 12:12:50 PM
Who's your cousin?

Paddy Mulligan, although he wont be starting sunday due to long lay off due to injury and hasnt forced his way into 1st 15 yet. likely to come off the bench. A great performance against Rocorry, was at it myself. deadly set-up in Pearse Park, impressive

omagh_gael

Drumhowan beat today 1-10 to 0-10 by Monaghan Harps, chatting to my cousin who says they were very unlucky and didn't get much from the ref, In particular a free kick that was clearly a penalty. Ah well sitting pretty in the league so still a chance of going up.

Has the Monaghan leagues always been play-offs to go up? Think it's very unfair on the team that finishes top. In Tyrone the top team goes up with the lower teams playing off, a lot fairer IMHO.

thebandit

Yeah, top 4 teams go into league semi finals. Probably harsh on the top team (Drumhowan in this case) but it keeps the league interesting until the end. It would be a pity if Drumhowan didnt go up - best team all year.

Thought the better team won today, although that last free was clearly a penalty.

JMohan

Triucha Abu

Ach Clontibret are a good strong running side.........but their major weakness is they rely 2 much on McManus!! sure only for him we wud have beat them ourselves!! ;D

Carbery

Anyone know the scores of Corduff, Magheracloone & Donaghmoyne Ladies Ulster Club games which took place at the weekend?

usa07

How did clontibret do today in the semis final of the league???

Schkite

Quote from: usa07 on October 25, 2009, 07:46:35 PM
How did clontibret do today in the semis final of the league???

Beat by a point after a late Ballybay goal and couple of points. JP Mone out for a while and McManus went off injured today so things don't look good for next week.  :-\

usa07

wat happened them two surly they will be ok for next sun?? two big misses if they werent!!