Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2022, 12:14:34 PM
Yeah tbh a true division 1a and 1b or 1 and 2 or whatever they want to label them as would arguably be better for teams like us rather than mixing 12 teams. It actually would be much better for the top teams too as relegation would be a real scramble. (It was like that before).

Problem being that teams have looked at the league and nearly picked and chosen when they wanted to be in the division that 'suited' them at that particular time.
Galway and Limerick have been guilty of this in the past.

Saffrongael

Close today & great chance to salvage a draw after Waterford seemed to see off the Antrim challenge but not sure if McManus didn't get his lift right for the penalty at the death
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

It happens and with the performance Neil has put in I'll certainly not criticise this. We were unreal and there nearly is a score between all the games we have played. We are playing some stuff at the highest level.

Points are needed but performances are just important
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 27, 2022, 03:19:25 PM
Close today & great chance to salvage a draw after Waterford seemed to see off the Antrim challenge but not sure if McManus didn't get his lift right for the penalty at the death
Antrim played really well today, much better than the Dublin match, Very accurate and used the ball well. Waterfords free taking was woeful and kept us in the game but the we shot ourselves in the foot with a sloppy goal given away just after half time. Still thought we deserved the draw, 2-21 is good shooting against this standard of opposition. I thought Neil McManus and Keelan Molloy made Conor Prunty and Tadgh De Burka look very ordinary which they are not. Against that Austin Gleeson was on a different level to eveyone else in the second half. Antrims marking switch at half time did not work out at all although I understand why they did it.

NAG1

Good display yesterday and barring a couple of unforced errors at the back which turned into scores and some fumbles at the front could have snatched the win.

Thought the technique on the penalty was strange. But can't fault the performance.

Seeing a lot of chat about comments made during the game again, hopefully the referee has noted it in his report, getting far to common.

barnish oggie

Quote from: NAG1 on February 28, 2022, 12:01:59 PM
Good display yesterday and barring a couple of unforced errors at the back which turned into scores and some fumbles at the front could have snatched the win.

Thought the technique on the penalty was strange. But can't fault the performance.

Seeing a lot of chat about comments made during the game again, hopefully the referee has noted it in his report, getting far to common.

think the offender has been identified on social media but not sure if it is ok to say it here.

Milltown Row2

Was ref'ing a 'north' 'south' game on Sunday morning and was keen to see if there was going to be any of that crap, nothing to be fair, I've done plenty college games too and have yet to hear it within ear shot of me.

But I've been to plenty games and heard it, needs to be stopped and get back to slagging your ma  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on February 28, 2022, 12:01:59 PM

Should of had his top row slapped out whoever was at it.

Saffrongael

It shouldn't even have come to McManus's penalty, after David Kearneys shot was brilliantly saved was it McCann that tried to dip it and got fouled ? The ball was almost on the line and should have been buried if I remember correctly
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

This is poor enough fare from Antrim so far

Milltown Row2

Even with a man down we are straight to win ball, frees are keeping us in...

Laois are antrims bogey team!

paddyjohn

Do we have only 1 free taker?

Milltown Row2

We've just no shape,  Laois in fairness are up for the fight, they seem to be mouthy gits to boot!

Decision making is atrocious

Saffrongael

Saffrongael

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 06, 2022, 05:08:35 PM
Do we have only 1 free taker?

You would be doing well to get McManus off the frees no matter how he is going on them