?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

They were still running on hun fever.
An on-form Rogic was the player who was missing for this type of game, some midfield mettle.

marty34

Still need to give Ange more time. Might be a bit mad to say but still not as convinced as a lot of other fans are at this point? I know he's bought a lot of new players etc. in and top of league.

But European campaign was very poor and today was very poor performance after Rangers' game on Thursday night. Celtic looked as if they played 120 mins on Thursday night.

snoopdog

Quote from: marty34 on April 17, 2022, 05:44:26 PM
Still need to give Ange more time. Might be a bit mad to say but still not as convinced as a lot of other fans are at this point? I know he's bought a lot of new players etc. in and top of league.

But European campaign was very poor and today was very poor performance after Rangers' game on Thursday night. Celtic looked as if they played 120 mins on Thursday night.
He will have won 2 trophys if they don't collapse in the league. What more do you want after the joke they were last year.

illdecide

Celtic were poor today in most parts of the pitch, The Rangers deserved the win and Bobby helped them on their way. None of his decisions led to Rangers winning directly and Celtic have only themselves to blame but him not clamping down on tackles let them to make more harsh ones whereas if he'd booked them when he should have they wouldn't have made any more bad tackles.

I thought the defining moments of the games bar the obvious miss from CCV was the two full backs going off injured and replacing them with two guys who are not on the same level...in fact one of them hasn't played a first team game in months who is a Centre Half playing left back. It was at that stage them hoors knew they had us. Big Tam was poor and Kyogo never got a kick when he came on, we now know how much of a miss big GG was/is.

Football is so strange at times and the fine lines is scary...Rangers getting beat on Thursday nite and again today would have set them back and a mountain to climb...They're in the semi finals of Europe, a cup final and if they were to beat us in the next game at CP there would only be 3pts in it...SCARY. I still think we'll win it but knowing Celtic as long as i've followed them they'll limp over the line on the last day...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

KickPass

Quote from: illdecide on April 17, 2022, 08:32:16 PM
Celtic were poor today in most parts of the pitch, The Rangers deserved the win and Bobby helped them on their way. None of his decisions led to Rangers winning directly and Celtic have only themselves to blame but him not clamping down on tackles let them to make more harsh ones whereas if he'd booked them when he should have they wouldn't have made any more bad tackles.

I thought the defining moments of the games bar the obvious miss from CCV was the two full backs going off injured and replacing them with two guys who are not on the same level...in fact one of them hasn't played a first team game in months who is a Centre Half playing left back. It was at that stage them hoors knew they had us. Big Tam was poor and Kyogo never got a kick when he came on, we now know how much of a miss big GG was/is.

Football is so strange at times and the fine lines is scary...Rangers getting beat on Thursday nite and again today would have set them back and a mountain to climb...They're in the semi finals of Europe, a cup final and if they were to beat us in the next game at CP there would only be 3pts in it...SCARY. I still think we'll win it but knowing Celtic as long as i've followed them they'll limp over the line on the last day...lol

I think the currant buns would swap both their Europa league semi appearance and the Scottish Cup for winning the league in a heartbeat.

ONeill

Watched that today. Surprised Celtic are ahead of them in the league. Rangers much the better side for most of the game. Celtic had a 20 min spell in the 2nd half when they should have killed them off.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 10:18:57 PM
Watched that today. Surprised Celtic are ahead of them in the league. Rangers much the better side for most of the game. Celtic had a 20 min spell in the 2nd half when they should have killed them off.

A big part of why Celtic are ahead of them in the league is that Rangers have had a decent run in Europe and had a double focus!

Main Street

Double focus my árse.
The big part is that Celtic completely outplayed Rangers twice, therefore are 6 points ahead, despite starting poorly  in the league.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2022, 10:37:35 PM
Double focus my árse.
The big part is that Celtic completely outplayed Rangers twice, therefore are 6 points ahead, despite starting poorly  in the league.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

Do you think the Celtic team who lost the League on a goal difference of 1 in 2002/03 where better than that Rangers team of that season? Do you think their league position was hampered by their focus on the UEFA Cup?

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 17, 2022, 10:46:13 PM
Double focus my árse.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

Do you think the Celtic team who lost the League on a goal difference of 1 in 2002/03 where better than that Rangers team of that season? Do you think their league position was hampered by their focus on the UEFA Cup?
20 years ago, I do remember Celtic returning from a semi or quarter  final victory away and beat Rangers on the Sunday, not too different from this game.
This season Celtic had recovered the ground on Rangers and had their measure before Rangers had to play their extra EL games.
Rangers dropped too many points during the season and got beat by Celtic twice, that's what has hurt them.

ned

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2022, 10:51:29 PM
Double focus my árse.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

20 years ago, I do remember Celtic returning from a semi or quarter  final victory away and beat Rangers on the Sunday, not too different from this game.
This season Celtic had recovered the ground on Rangers and had their measure before Rangers had to play their extra EL games.
Rangers dropped too many points during the season and got beat by Celtic twice, that's what has hurt them.

At Ibrox we played our game and defended admirably, today we didn't. A draw was a fair result and Madden was at it all game. How Lundstram wasn't booked is beyond me.

ned

Double focus my árse.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

That Rangers team were better than either of the teams today. Goal difference won't come into it this year.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ned on April 18, 2022, 12:51:14 AM
Double focus my árse.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

That Rangers team were better than either of the teams today. Goal difference won't come into it this year.

Agreed! But they were not better than the Celtic team of that era!

ned

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 18, 2022, 12:53:10 AM
Quote from: ned on April 18, 2022, 12:51:14 AM
Double focus my árse.

The run in

Ross County A
Rangers H
Hearts H
Dundee U. A
Motherwell H

Agreed! But they were not better than the Celtic team of that era!

Rangers started to falter before EL knockouts so that's not a reason.

JimStynes

Celtic just had an off day yesterday, some of Celtic's main men didn't show up and that's that. The league is reflective of where they're at. Celtic are a wee bit above this rangers team! Not much in it all the same.