Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

A good professional performance that really should clinch the league, dislike Mc Gregor even more now, had Celtic to win 3-1 @ 20/1,

bennydorano

illdecide

A member of Celtic's backroom team suffered a head wound after being hit by a glass bottle during the Old Firm game.

Celtic said the man needed urgent medical treatment and had to have stitches in his head.

A statement from the club said the matter had been referred to police.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "We are aware of a glass bottle being thrown at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow, during the Rangers v Celtic match."

He added: "One man has sustained injuries as a result of this and required treatment. Inquiries are currently ongoing to establish the full circumstances."

The incident happened at the end of the first half.

Police are also investigating another incident which delayed the start of the second half.

Ground staff had to remove shards from a broken glass bottle in Celtic goalkeeper Joe Hart's penalty area.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said: "It is disappointing because this is a fixture that gets beamed around the world. Two teams going at it, first and second spot.

"You don't need a couple of idiots ruining it. I don't know what people are trying to achieve by doing that."

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst said: "It's never good the game has to be stopped" and added "safety is first".

The match was won by Celtic 2-1, allowing the team to move six points clear of their rivals.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Celtic didn't even play that well (not as well as we know they can) but done enough. On chances it could have been 6-3 to Celtic. This could be the end for these Zombies, £27m of a loss so far and thinking they're getting the £40m CL money (I know the league is not won yet) to wipe out their debt. Again spending money they don't have and it's obvious they didn't learn their lesson from the last time.
I know some of the Celtic fans are no Angels but that behaviour today from the Zombies was atrocious TBH. They really are scum of the earth.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

Would have easily taken a draw after Rangers scored early on, so a win is even better again. The next game is even more crucial as it can be easy to have a flat performance after winning at Ibrox and with everyone saying the league is won after today. Just get the 3 points next Saturday before they play again and it puts even more pressure on them. Don't let them off the hook as the league isn't done til it's done.

Main Street

I had the luxury of watching a recording of the game knowing the result. That was some size of an Irish flag being waved by the Celtic fans. I thought Willie C did very well, reffed the game sensibly considering the occasion. I think he got most every decision spot on and not shy to manhandle some overexcited players.
Fair fcks to McGregor for standing up and stepping into Brown's considerably sized boots and take on the mantle of inspirational leader by example to such effect.

straightred

Quote from: illdecide on April 03, 2022, 07:56:10 PM
Celtic didn't even play that well (not as well as we know they can) but done enough. On chances it could have been 6-3 to Celtic. This could be the end for these Zombies, £27m of a loss so far and thinking they're getting the £40m CL money (I know the league is not won yet) to wipe out their debt. Again spending money they don't have and it's obvious they didn't learn their lesson from the last time.
I know some of the Celtic fans are no Angels but that behaviour today from the Zombies was atrocious TBH. They really are scum of the earth.

Dont think its as bad as the last time but no doubt its a set back. They'll have to sell players and the values are nowhere near what they think. They might get 10m for Morelos but that's about it.

Regarding the fans - they just cant take a beating. There's a lad in hospital in glasgow with a bleed on his brain. A load of rangers fans apparently jumped off a bus to batter him on the side of the road. FFS can you not just go home and lick your wounds. Bunch of cowards

sensethetone

Quote from: straightred on April 03, 2022, 10:18:56 PM

Dont think its as bad as the last time but no doubt its a set back. They'll have to sell players and the values are nowhere near what they think. They might get 10m for Morelos but that's about it.

Regarding the fans - they just cant take a beating. There's a lad in hospital in glasgow with a bleed on his brain. A load of rangers fans apparently jumped off a bus to batter him on the side of the road. FFS can you not just go home and lick your wounds. Bunch of cowards
Herad because of the Russian sanctions rangers could  get into championships league.

Main Street

Quote from: sensethetone on April 03, 2022, 10:37:07 PM

Herad because of the Russian sanctions rangers could  get into championships league.
Afaiu as it stands now regardless of sanctions against Russian clubs, the SPL champs go into the group stages and the runners up go into the qual. rounds

Main Street

Quote from: Main Street on April 03, 2022, 11:35:54 PM

Afaiu as it stands now regardless of sanctions against Russian clubs, the SPL champs go into the group stages and the runners up go into the qual. rounds
I was only 1/2 right, I had a quick look at the criteria for the 2022/23 CL format and  they take the position of country ranking from the 2021 UEFA coefficients, when Scotland were in 11th place allowed 2 teams into the CL, one team direct to the play offs and the other into the League path qualifiers. Should Russia who are in 10th place be disqualified then the SPL champs would go straight into the group stages.

ned

Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2022, 06:50:14 PM

I was only 1/2 right, I had a quick look at the criteria for the 2022/23 CL format and  they take the position of country ranking from the 2021 UEFA coefficients, when Scotland were in 11th place allowed 2 teams into the CL, one team direct to the play offs and the other into the League path qualifiers. Should Russia who are in 10th place be disqualified then the SPL champs would go straight into the group stages.

As long as Benfica or Villareal do not win CL, Scottish champions are straight to group stages. Following season champions are in group stages regardless.

Main Street

Quote from: ned on April 04, 2022, 07:00:09 PM

As long as Benfica or Villareal do not win CL, Scottish champions are straight to group stages. Following season champions are in group stages regardless.
The 2022/23 CL is based on the 2021 country rankings,  the criteria is "10 champions from associations 1–10 go straight into the group stages".  Russia are in 10th place and Scotland 11th.

How do Benfica or Villareal affect this situation?

ned

Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2022, 07:22:43 PM

The 2022/23 CL is based on the 2021 country rankings,  the criteria is "10 champions from associations 1–10 go straight into the group stages".  Russia are in 10th place and Scotland 11th.

Scotland are 9th in the rankings. This has been known for some time.
Sorry, If Benfica or Villareal win the CL this MAY take away Scotland's automatic place in groups, if they dont qualify through league finish.p

Main Street

Quote from: ned on April 05, 2022, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2022, 07:22:43 PM

Scotland are 9th in the rankings. This has been known for some time.
Sorry, If Benfica or Villareal win the CL this MAY take away Scotland's automatic place in groups, if they dont qualify through league finish.p
Scotland are at present 9th in the rankings  but that's only a consideration for the 2023/2024 Cl. as I discovered belatedly.
The draw for the 2022/2023 CL uses the ranking from 2021, as I have stated twice previous. Scotland are in 11th place behind Russia.
The fate of Benfica or Villarreal in this season's CL will have no effect on the 10th place team's assured spot in the Group stages of 2022/23 CL.
There is already a group stage place allotted for the CL champions.