Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

That was as good as I've seen Celtic play in a long long time. The first half was relentless. One may it continue

general_lee

Very satisfying victory. That's twice in a row they've blinked, Celtic need to capitalise.

illdecide

I was at the game and have to say it was one of the best atmosphere's i've been too at Celtic Park in many a year and a performance to back it up too. Yes, Celtic faded a bit in 2nd half but at least now we don't look like conceding at will. They all played well and are only going to get stronger as the season goes on when more players get back from injury and squad gets rotated more often to accommodate the big games ahead. No one seen this quick turn around happening so all in all we are all a lot happier than expected...been saying this for 2-3 years but is this the year we finally put their lights out financially when they have went all in this year for the Champions League money
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

Quote from: illdecide on February 03, 2022, 08:23:06 PM
I was at the game and have to say it was one of the best atmosphere's i've been too at Celtic Park in many a year and a performance to back it up too. Yes, Celtic faded a bit in 2nd half but at least now we don't look like conceding at will. They all played well and are only going to get stronger as the season goes on when more players get back from injury and squad gets rotated more often to accommodate the big games ahead. No one seen this quick turn around happening so all in all we are all a lot happier than expected...been saying this for 2-3 years but is this the year we finally put their lights out financially when they have went all in this year for the Champions League money

Jealous of you being there. I'm not sure I've seen as comprehensive a doing, even during BRs time. I think that even surpasses the 6-2 as that could just as easily have been 7-5.

clarshack

Good to see you back and I also think that if Celtic win the league this season then Rangers are gone for a second time.

Cavan19

Quote from: clarshack on February 03, 2022, 11:48:50 PM

Good to see you back and I also think that if Celtic win the league this season then Rangers are gone for a second time.

They living beyond their means?

illdecide

Quote from: clarshack on February 03, 2022, 11:48:50 PM

Cheers Clarshack...Yeah, just looking at the players how united they are and happy with each other. One of them interviewed said how tight they all are with each other and how Ange has keep them all very humble reminding them regular of their responsibilities etc. Sure look at the video from Wed night where the team wait for Hatate to get to the front of the post match parade and let him run to the Green Brigade to do his thing...was class to see. Both teams have a few difficult fixtures in the next 2 weeks so will be interesting to see where we are in 2 weeks time. It's going to be a nail biting finish so lets hope we have the bottle to see it thru...I believe we will. HH

Targetman

Another totally dominant display today, could have been 7/8, been such an improvement in a short space of time and with a bit of strength in depth in the squad its Celtic thats looking they can blast anyone for 4/5, Ange has certainly made some difference.

Main Street

Tougher than it should have been against Aberdeen. Celtic strolled through the first half to go 2 up, A slack 3/4 and Aberdeen bustle  and brawn managed to level. There was a good Celtic response, perhaps fortunate that the winner stood but then tactically rode out the rest of the game in reasonable control.
Good to see the grit  that is a must in the SPL from the new Celtic team.

illdecide

I thought after the first 15mins we were going to be in for a tough night as the first touch and passing was poor and not like the last few games but to my shock we went 2-0 up. I'd say if you were being honest we went 2-0 up playing just ok but what was to come in the 2nd half was like the old Celtic from last season but they found a way to win and hold out which is the difference as last year we'd have drawn that 2-2 or even lost 3-2. I was screaming for Ange to make sub earlier (all from the TV off course) but it was nearly like he wanted them to grind it out and show them not every game is a walk in the park, who knows what goes on in that head of Ange but he certainly seems to know what he's at so let him tear away as they say.
Anyway a few games now away from the league which should be a good distraction and give Julliean, Scales, Welsh, McCarthy, Ideguchi, Forrest & possibly some of the injured guys a few minutes if they're ready

Main Street

Regardless of the tightness of their play, Celtic totally dominated the first half without trying too hard, Aberdeen were woeful, maybe they won a corner, and a few free kicks in their own half, Harte had nothing to do for 45 mins. Celtic sleepwalked into a trap in the 2nd half, Aberdeen have some rock solid hard feckers in their team.

bennydorano

Being made to look very ordinary here.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on February 17, 2022, 08:48:01 PM

Big time...That team look decent and very well organised. They have pace with big men, hopefully 2nd half things change a bit.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Get out of this and concentrate on the league (it'll sound like sour grapes especially if we lose)

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on February 17, 2022, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 17, 2022, 08:48:01 PM

Big time...That team look decent and very well organised. They have pace with big men, hopefully 2nd half things change a bit.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Get out of this and concentrate on the league (it'll sound like sour grapes especially if we lose)

Agree. Better off out of it.

Main Street

It was a woeful performance but don't agree that Celtic are better off  out of the competition, that's nonsensical.