Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Got it for 650 for 2 bed lodge 4 nights 2nd week in september however it isn't on the weekend. They know how to get their money out of you.

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2022, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 17, 2022, 11:58:24 AM

Downings is really going to miss you this year ;D ;D ;D

Never again. Talk about overrated.

Stayed in Downings for a week about 5 years ago and the same house if you were looking to stay in it this year is up 55% from then. Scandalous.

clarshack

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 18, 2022, 10:11:28 AM
Got it for 650 for 2 bed lodge 4 nights 2nd week in september however it isn't on the weekend. They know how to get their money out of you.

They sure do.

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on May 18, 2022, 10:13:12 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2022, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 17, 2022, 11:58:24 AM

Downings is really going to miss you this year ;D ;D ;D

Never again. Talk about overrated.

Stayed in Downings for a week about 5 years ago and the same house if you were looking to stay in it this year is up 55% from then. Scandalous.

Blessing in disguise.

marty34

Quote from: North Man on May 17, 2022, 11:43:35 AM
Any folk hear any feedback on Cabu lodges in Cavan

Where in Cavan are they?

Any good?

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: PMG1 on May 18, 2022, 01:25:23 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 17, 2022, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2022, 11:37:42 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2022, 10:56:43 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2022, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2022, 09:34:02 AM
Same as above really I'd say bring a few disposable BBQ's as they have an area out the back for it.

Not sure if you have to book the swimming pool but it's first class and make sure you don't miss out.

Depends on the kids ages what to book really. There's a pedal boat job if they're young or a kayak if a bit older which are good craic. It's first class you should really enjoy it.

I'm not sure on the prices for the week but I heard its expensive, Would the camps in France be similar in price or more expensive? No offence to Longford and its surrounding areas which are lovely but weather wise and campsites I'd rather pay that bit extra.. The price for a family of 4 in July is nearly £3000 at Centrepark in Longford

That seems expensive of the activities and food is extra.
Booked a week all inclusive in Turkey, July peak season £4500. Huge big resort waterpark etc.

I punched in the dates and that's what came up, I'm only saying this because as a family if you asked my adult kids now if they look back at their best holidays it was the parcs in France/Spain/Italy even better than the clatter of Disney hols,  we did them for 2 weeks, Longford are looking nearly £3000 for a week!

I did Eurocamp in Brittany when the kids were younger and it was great too. Took the car on the ferry from Rosslare and was able to tour about. The parks we went to then are nearly the same price now for peak season and the better cabins as Longford is, maybe €2.5k, but the boat price is €2k nearly now compared to about €800 4 years ago. We looked at a few places this year but couldn't get a decent deal anywhere. Bella Italia was working out near 4.5k (flights included) for a week and no food.

Booked all inclusive next year in Tenerife for less but couldn't get a deal for this summer. Might go mad and book something late on for August.

Booking ahead is the key, I have 4 of us in a 6 bed good quality mobile in a great site in South East France, on the med, camp site next to a great beach, flying Ryanair, 20 nights from 22nd June total cost c€3,100 plus $500 for car hire. Have been to the site twice before, great spot, good restaurants on site and in town which is just outside the camp site, lovely pools, great entertainment at night and all the usual on site like kids clubs (mine are all too old for that now), football pitch's, tennis, etc... but booked all last July and booked the flights when they came out in November

You got me thinking about a trip this year. Had a quick search there and found a center parcs in Belgium (heard good reports about it from others), premium lodge (only ones available) for a week, flights to Brussels with Aer Lingus for €2,400 at the start of August. So much more to do than the ones here too.

lurganblue

3 room executive lodge for 3 nights over the weekend in Aug for 1200. pricey enough, but will see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice guys. The pool will be a big hit with my ones and so i suspect we will be there each day.  I dont think cycling would be on the radar for our ones but certainly a few walks.

I'll have to get a good look at some of the activities and get some pre-booked.

seafoid

France has loads of different tourist regions . They all have decent weather in the summer.
The less frequented regions have better value. Franche comte is close to the Swiss border and Geneva airport

https://www.campings.com/fr/france/franche-comte
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cavan19

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2022, 12:30:52 PM

3 room executive lodge for 3 nights over the weekend in Aug for 1200. pricey enough, but will see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice guys. The pool will be a big hit with my ones and so i suspect we will be there each day.  I dont think cycling would be on the radar for our ones but certainly a few walks.

I'll have to get a good look at some of the activities and get some pre-booked.

There is a bit of a premium on the pricing to keep Britney and Anto out of it.

Rois

Quote from: seafoid on May 18, 2022, 01:01:30 PM
France has loads of different tourist regions . They all have decent weather in the summer.
The less frequented regions have better value. Franche comte is close to the Swiss border and Geneva airport

Good link, thank you. We are off to Chamonix in July, definitely not a less Frequented area, but will look up Franche comte for next time. Chamonix weather not reliable as you know!

laoislad

Flying to London in a few weeks. Still waiting on the 4 year olds passport to come through. Worried it won't come in time. Does anyone know can you bring a child to England without a Passport? Will a birth cert suffice? We are flying British Airways if that makes a difference? I know Ryanair insist on Passports. We all have them bar the 4 year old.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Quote from: Rois on May 18, 2022, 02:51:08 PM

Good link, thank you. We are off to Chamonix in July, definitely not a less Frequented area, but will look up Franche comte for next time. Chamonix weather not reliable as you know!
Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on May 24, 2022, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: Rois on May 18, 2022, 02:51:08 PM

Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Got hailstones and snow there back in summer 2020.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2022, 08:09:12 PM
Flying to London in a few weeks. Still waiting on the 4 year olds passport to come through. Worried it won't come in time. Does anyone know can you bring a child to England without a Passport? Will a birth cert suffice? We are flying British Airways if that makes a difference? I know Ryanair insist on Passports. We all have them bar the 4 year old.

If you are coming from Dublin I can't see how they wouldn't insist on a passport. Hopefully you can get it through in time.

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2022, 11:15:18 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2022, 08:09:12 PM

If you are coming from Dublin I can't see how they wouldn't insist on a passport. Hopefully you can get it through in time.

But sure what do I know... Looks like a birth certificate should hopefully do the job!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/passports-visas-and-api