Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 21, 2022, 12:56:18 PM
Who's the expert about the South of France. 7 days in Nice too much? Bit of chilling by the pool and some sightseeing and I'm happy.

Nice ok for the day or 2 ... Frejus Cannes Monaco Antibes are all great places to chill also, all accessible by train, even the market in Italy which I think is on a Sunday is close if your place is Nice..

Loved those holidays
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Open to other suggestions too. Bordeaux? Amalfi coast? Not really fussed on doing the Tenerife type holiday

Hound

Ever consider a cruise Jim?

Relax by the pool, a bit of sightseeing every morning, but at a different place each time. Myriad of entertainment in the evening.

Example here;

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruises/itinerary/8-night-western-mediterranean-from-barcelona-on-vision/VI08M107?sail-date=2022-06-02&currency=EUR&country=IRL&dates_maxDate=06%2F30%2F2022&dates_minDate=06%2F01%2F2022

Itinerary is Barcelona, Spain | Nice (Villefranche), France | Provence (Toulon), France | Ajaccio, Corsica | Portofino, Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Sicily (Palermo), Italy | Cruising | Barcelona, Spain

Bear in mind that the price includes full board food of very good quality and almost unlimited choice. Always make sure to go for Balcony, rather than 'interior' or 'outside view'

Rois

I love Nice and could happily spend a week wandering round the towns on the train line.

Currently trying to put together a trip to Biarritz and San Sebastián, which has been recommended. Maybe that's something that would interest you?
Not sure if we are wise as we'll have a two year old and a seven month old, maybe this is the time to swallow it and do an easy package holiday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on April 22, 2022, 05:07:44 AM
I love Nice and could happily spend a week wandering round the towns on the train line.

Currently trying to put together a trip to Biarritz and San Sebastián, which has been recommended. Maybe that's something that would interest you?
Not sure if we are wise as we'll have a two year old and a seven month old, maybe this is the time to swallow it and do an easy package holiday.

Flew to Biarritiz and stayed at a campground ground, Le vieux  port at  Messanges,  traveled quite a bit with the hired car, took in Lourdes one day, another day headed towards San Sebastián. The only problem with that side of France it can be hit and miss with the weather, so with wee ones that's not a bad thing..

Our child was 18 months at the time... 20 years ago  :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Everything is ridiculously expensive this year. No such thing as cheap flights anymore!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JimStynes on April 30, 2022, 07:23:06 PM
Everything is ridiculously expensive this year. No such thing as cheap flights anymore!
car hire is ridiculous this summer
as others have suggested, somewhere with loads of towns along the train routes

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2022, 08:18:45 AM

Flew to Biarritiz and stayed at a campground ground, Le vieux  port at  Messanges,  traveled quite a bit with the hired car, took in Lourdes one day, another day headed towards San Sebastián. The only problem with that side of France it can be hit and miss with the weather, so with wee ones that's not a bad thing..

Our child was 18 months at the time... 20 years ago  :(
I know she (I think?) won't remember it, but you obviously do!

We booked Bella Italia campsite at Pescheria at Lake Garda instead. One stop easier. Maybe Biarritz/Sam Sebastián next year.
Also going for two wks to Chamonix in July. Superb place and flights weren't ridiculous to Geneva as it isn't a popular summer destination for us folks on this island.

Agree that hire car costs are stupid.

Olly

Anyone ever been to Toome for a holiday. Me and the partner are thinking of holidaying local and wondering if Toome exciting?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Olly on April 30, 2022, 11:11:31 PM
Anyone ever been to Toome for a holiday. Me and the partner are thinking of holidaying local and wondering if Toome exciting?

I heard Larne is more exciting

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Olly on April 30, 2022, 11:11:31 PM
Take yourself to The Elk for some local colour.

snoopdog

Don't do a package holiday with kids unless your going to a resort that caters for kids. We bring the kids to Cambrils they love it and it's  only families. Loads to keep them busy. And fuerta ventura is close by for a day trip. You Don e en need to leave the resort. Cambrills Town is lovely but salou can  be avoided. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on May 01, 2022, 07:35:25 AM

Don't do a package holiday with kids unless your going to a resort that caters for kids. We bring the kids to Cambrils they love it and it's  only families. Loads to keep them busy. And fuerta ventura is close by for a day trip. You Don e en need to leave the resort. Cambrills Town is lovely but salou can  be avoided.

Good shout Cambrils, we did same and even took train into Barcelona for the day

bennydorano

What is current situation to get into Spain regarding Covid? Anybody been lately, do you have to have Vax or recovery certificate or have they abandoned that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on May 09, 2022, 09:02:17 AM
What is current situation to get into Spain regarding Covid? Anybody been lately, do you have to have Vax or recovery certificate or have they abandoned that?

Thought they want you vaxed/boosted before going in?