The North American / Canada GAA and Hurling thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I think there's a big problem coming up soon in Toronto - the Canadian core of clubs is getting older and there's not much new Canadian lads coming in.

Durham have been outstanding this year - their 7 sanctions are all top-notch players - I was very surprised to hear Mikes had drawn with them.

I heard you guys had lost a few players Quinnie - like ourselves

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2007, 04:14:03 PM
I think there's a big problem coming up soon in Toronto - the Canadian core of clubs is getting older and there's not much new Canadian lads coming in.

I agree 100%, but hopefully the energy directed to youth development recently will reap some reward in the near future...
Gabe, we've not really lost any of our 7 yet, rather last Saturday was just one of those days for Durham; Mikes sensed their chance and really went for it, and we were pretty forutnate to come away with a draw. Hopefully we can play a little more to our potential on the weekend.

Screen, I remember watching that final all right - I think the Gaels beat us (then Ottawa) in the semi or quarter and really looked the part that year. You did well to beat them in the final for sure.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Niall Quinn on August 16, 2007, 04:44:44 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2007, 04:14:03 PM

I agree 100%, but hopefully the energy directed to youth development recently will reap some reward in the near future...
Gabe, we've not really lost any of our 7 yet, rather last Saturday was just one of those days for Durham; Mikes sensed their chance and really went for it, and we were pretty forutnate to come away with a draw. Hopefully we can play a little more to our potential on the weekend.

It'll be a while before those kids are playing Senior Football though - sanction number increase in the meantime maybe?

AbbeySider

Hey guys,
Im heading over to Vancouver for a short break from the 1st until the 11th of September

Any games on ?
Wouldnt mind going on the beer either!

Its quite possible that il be moving to Vancouver next year for 6 months to a year so id be up for playing football out there too.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 16, 2007, 05:11:04 PM
Hey guys,
Im heading over to Vancouver for a short break from the 1st until the 11th of September

Any games on ?
Wouldnt mind going on the beer either!

Its quite possible that il be moving to Vancouver next year for 6 months to a year so id be up for playing football out there too.

I'd doubt it very much Abbey - here's the website of the team in Vancouver though

http://www.isscvancouver.com/

Gabriel_Hurl

Excellent game tonight in the replay between Mikes and Durham tonight - Mikes winning by 4 points advancing to the semi-final tomorrow afternoon to play Toronto Gaels

In the other semi-final, it's St Vincents vs Ottawa Gaels

2 ladies semi-finals tomorrow as well with Michael Cusacks vs Durham and Ottawa Gaels vs Montreal Shamrocks

Niall Quinn

I thought there was just that dubious (square ball!) goal in it at the death - 3-12 to 2-12.
Fair play to Mikes though - they just seemed to want it a bit more than we did.
Best of luck tomorrow Gabe.

stiffler

Will there be any games on in Boston next weekend? il be there for a few days and wouldnt mind catching a game.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gabriel_Hurl

I couldn't really see it from the sideline Quinn

Niall Quinn

St Vincents 2-15 ottawa 4-6.
St mikes 1-11 Toronto gaels 0-0 (ht)

Niall Quinn

Men's Semi (Final Score):
St Mikes 4-14; Toronto Gaels 0-1
Ladies Semi Final - Cusacks beat Durham by 2 goals; Ottawa WO Montreal DNF

setting up for next week:

Men's Championship Final
Mikes v Vincents
Ladies Championship Final
Ottawa v Cusacks

Gabriel_Hurl

Lucky enough for us yesterday - the goals Ottawa got nearly killed us

Niall Quinn

Yeah, you guys dominated possession, but the goals kept Ottawa in the reckoning right to the whistle.
Hopefully you can put in a good display against Mikes next week - I'm sure you guys don't need anything by way of motivation for that one!!

boston

Quote from: stiffler on August 19, 2007, 02:55:14 PM
Will there be any games on in Boston next weekend? il be there for a few days and wouldnt mind catching a game.

The Boston finals are  next weekend in Canton heres the schedule

Schedule for Finals

Saturday August 25, 2007
Field A
2:30 Jr B Final - Kerry v Celtics
4:00 JH Final - Wexford v Tipperary
5:30 Int Final - Kerry v St. Christopher's

Field B
4:00 LJF Final - Tir na Nog v Roscommon

Sunday August 26, 2007
Field A
12:00 Jr A Final - Aidan McAnespies v Wolfetones
1:30 LSF Final - Boston Shamrocks v Roscommon
3:00 SH - Tipperary v Wexford
4:30 SF - McAnespies v Armagh Notre Dame

The teams are fairly evenly matched this year so it should be  some food football/hurling

Gabriel_Hurl

Games in Toronto this weekend

Sunday August 26th, 2007

12:3O- Championship opener- Toronto Ladies Select vs Braeffy Ladies

2pm Ladies Final - Ottawa Gaels vs Michael Cusacks

3:30 Mens Final - St. Vincents vs St. Mikes