St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Lawrence of Knockbride

How are ye at midfield without O'Hara lads? We have an up-and-coming U-21 who has been outstanding against Roscommon and Wexford and not so hot against Antrim and Louth. We have another lad beside him who I'd rather not talk about.
Ye will also need an inform lad in the full-back line to tackle Mackey assuming he's played in there. He was isolated against Wexford and did a lot of damage.

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 19, 2010, 03:21:54 PM
Jees were are not that reliant on EOH are we? He wont be there as he is not in subs either. Team is way stronger looking than wex or offaly games IMO.

Seanie, David Maye is named in starting 15, if he gets injured we can forget about the u21. Would be a little concerned at his inclusion from that point of view, huge risk.

Yeah, thats what I was getting at.

At least 3 league debutants in that team v. Cavan. Looks quite weak to me. Funny how some lads never get dropped after playing bad and others get the chop quite quickly.

SLIGONIAN

Went into the Sligo minor game today was shocked in a bad way at what I witnessed. Leitrim were miles better than us.  At one stage the score was Sligo 0-7 Leitrim 2-14 with Leitrim missing 3 absolute sitters of goal chances, it could of been alot worse. But when I left there was some respectibility Sligo 1-10 Leitrim 2-15, but only because of Leitrim side pulling up.

Leitrim have a very good side, one of the best Half forward lines ive seen, they absolutely destroyed us. Our 2,4,5,7, 8,9,12,14 and 15 are not intercounty standard. Lets hope and pray the Attractas boys come into it and make the step up. I couldnt fault Herity or murphy who did there best showed some quality. The main thing that annoyed me was the hoofing the ball into the forwards, the lack of hunger for the breaks, the defensive tackling, foot passes and hand passes. We were like butter in defence. In reality were opened up for one on ones 5 or 6 times... our 2 wing backs seemed incapable of passing into the forwards, only to hoof high sky scrapers in. Just a lack of basic skills.

Alot of work to do but this defeat is very worrying even at this stage, Leitrim were 15pts better than us. For leitrim fans no 11 is a serious prospect, we couldnt handle him at all.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Well Done Sligo today, very promising performance, im delighted today. The level of performance Cavan put up against us was fair superior to wexford and offaly so for our lads to out match them credit to us.

Colm McGees quality in the 1st half was there to be seen, ive been singing his praises a long time now(rightly so) and he is a serious addition to the team, delighted for him. He scored very good frees and from play with both left and right foot, even in the 2nd half he was an outlet but wasnt in scoring positions too often.

Another man Kenneth sweeney, his goal was brilliant and the presence of mind to fist it was impressive, looked dangerous all day and got points.

Tony Taylor really impressed me today, his workrate was immense so credit to him, with Gilmartin not far behind, both did well today.

Gaughan was quiet and Maye is not a Half forward. Costello did well when introduced and had great energy and hunger in his game. He stills goes too deep for me and needs to be more consistent passing but overall did fine. Francis Quinn did very well when introduced, good runs and passing. Sean Davey just wasnt at the races.

Brehony had a quiet 1st half but worked hard but really took on great responsibilty 2nd half from frees, and got a few from play aswell. Played very well.

Alot of people whinging about our FB line today annoyed me, look 13 has ridiculous pace, and 14, for them, they looked dangerous, but I thought our lads worked there socks off, you cant win every tackle etc.. but we conceded 0-14, minimised them to 1 half goal chance and their FF line didnt  look half as dangerous when we got on top at midfield and put pressure on the ball coming in, in fact most of there scores in last quarter came from men running through from HF. So if our FB line keep getting fitter we'll be ok.

I thought Donal McGylnn did fine, strong, fast and ran at his man, supported the play well, worked hard in defence. Looks a good prospect.
Quinny did alot of the dirty work, his man got in for a few scores 2nd half but Quinny distribution was good today, he gave our forwards a chance with his supply. I was happy enough bar the last qtr.
Johnny Davey was immense, the work and pressure he puts in is unreal. His runs again immense.

Im very happy, team looked fitter and sharper today and put some serious quality into our play which would test any team. Management should get alot of credit, did everything right today. Well done.

ExiledGael

It looks like to fields of Waterford, carlow, Leitrim, London and Kilkenny await.
Even two wins against Sligo and in Cavan might not be enough.
Didn't hear much today but a second half Bradley goal killed us, Rory Gallagher scored about six points and James Sherry was sent off. We must have the worst disciplinary record in the league. And maybe the worst team in it at the minute too.

SLIGONIAN

Another positive for Sligo was seeing the young kids getting a chance to play on Markievicz at HT, this is definitly something id like to see more of. Well done to the organisers.

magpie seanie

I hear Marys are up to their old tricks of nicking young players off their neighbours. Despite the total illegality of it the same method is being used though there is a different club being victimised this time. In an amazing coincidence the lad in question is apparently the best player on his clubs team - now isn't that strange!

Westie

Careful Seanie - - went through all this two years ago and back where we started if what you say is true, this and the current bullying of the small team in the south by the big town team means that what happened 2 years ago is seen as the green light for further poaching to go on.

No wonder we don't look after our county borders when clubs don't respect the club borders

And if I hear the line of "your stopping kids play"  - no I am not. Whatever club, association, organisation or business you are in there are rules and regulations. 

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Westie on March 23, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
Careful Seanie - - went through all this two years ago and back where we started if what you say is true, this and the current bullying of the small team in the south by the big town team means that what happened 2 years ago is seen as the green light for further poaching to go on.

No wonder we don't look after our county borders when clubs don't respect the club borders

And if I hear the line of "your stopping kids play"  - no I am not. Whatever club, association, organisation or business you are in there are rules and regulations.

If I heard someone say that to me I would go close to decking him. The GAA is supposed about pride in where your from, blah blah, I know in Leitrim there is no poaching, etc... and they protect there border. We should be doing the same. If i were involved with CB i would highlight all the players playing with made up addresses in other parishes, and would make ammendments to make it stop.

Just because the likes of the big shots think they can do what they want and justify is a disgrace. Expose them and weed them out, they do not have Sligo best interests at heart.

If we protected all the clubs borders it would be alot easier to protect our county.

magpie seanie

I agree with you both. The way they are trying to justify this so-called "transfer" is (like the case before involving us) laughable except for the fact that they've got away with it already. I hope the club in question stand up and fight this and hope that the other clubs support them. The make up of the executive has changed quite a bit in the last two years so more chance of fair play but really when the rules are so stacked in your favour that shouldn't come into the equation.

Westie

Well I have only heard of 3 transfer inside the county this year  - - time for the transfers to come up on the website for all to see (including intercounty of which we have 1). I see on anfearrua.com that the Clare and Limerick boys get the list of transfers requested and approved. We can put the regraded and lists of 12 players on the website (though that did not stop a big indiscretion last year)

Anyway there is no transfers for u16 by rule I believe, though I am willing to be corrected

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Westie on March 24, 2010, 11:26:39 AM
Well I have only heard of 3 transfer inside the county this year  - - time for the transfers to come up on the website for all to see (including intercounty of which we have 1). I see on anfearrua.com that the Clare and Limerick boys get the list of transfers requested and approved. We can put the regraded and lists of 12 players on the website (though that did not stop a big indiscretion last year)

Anyway there is no transfers for u16 by rule I believe, though I am willing to be corrected

Transparency is key for sure.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Westie on March 24, 2010, 11:26:39 AM

Well yeah, seeing as there was no amendment to the transfer bye-law and no additional sub-committees set up with or without powers then yes - it seems that there is no scope for underage transfers within the county. My understanding is that all transfers for 2010 would have been finalised by now by ratification at county board level.

This didn't stop things the last time though.

Farrandeelin

What level are Easkey minors at?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo team named,

Greene, Harrison, Maguire, Donovan, K Cawley, M Quinn, J Davey, TT, Gilmartin, Costello, Brehony, Gaughan, McGee, Sweeney, Kelly.

I dont know like last week, starting Cawley 1 week away from a final. One has to presume McGlynn is injured. Its a good side.

O Hara is back on bench Id say so plenty of options. Marren is back for the rossies and gives even more options in 2weeks.

Workrate is key this sunday, as I think we have too much quality for Fermanagh. Best of luck, we need an away win and momentum.