St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

paddypastit

Quotethe modus operandi of the current regime is if they don't like something they find a way to fix it or sort it to suit themselves.
Seanie - don't know the first thing of the detail of what happened last week but knowing yerself and Westie, I'd be happy to take yer word completely.  My only comment would be that in my experience the regime before had 'it's own way' and the one before that likewise - it seems to come with the territory.

It seems to me looking across the whole of the GAA over 25 years of dealing with Co Bds at one level or another that they fall into two broad categories

- those that are decent but not that bright and just bluff and bluster and frustrate the shyte out of everybody until they are overturned
- those that are bright and ambitious but can't help themselves manipulating everything because they can until they just get up so many noses that they get overturned.

Now I'm out of here before the Mullah from Maolise's catches me!!
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: paddypastit on December 18, 2009, 12:57:15 AM
Quotethe modus operandi of the current regime is if they don't like something they find a way to fix it or sort it to suit themselves.
Seanie - don't know the first thing of the detail of what happened last week but knowing yerself and Westie, I'd be happy to take yer word completely.  My only comment would be that in my experience the regime before had 'it's own way' and the one before that likewise - it seems to come with the territory.

It seems to me looking across the whole of the GAA over 25 years of dealing with Co Bds at one level or another that they fall into two broad categories

- those that are decent but not that bright and just bluff and bluster and frustrate the shyte out of everybody until they are overturned
- those that are bright and ambitious but can't help themselves manipulating everything because they can until they just get up so many noses that they get overturned.

Now I'm out of here before the Mullah from Maolise's catches me!!

Just for everyone elses benefit, mullah is arabic but means master and guardian in english. Thanks Paddy finally came to your senses. You could at least spell Molaise right though, he was a saint after all. ;)

I always get a sense of bemusement reading your posts. You never really commit to making a point and thus for me you sit on the fence which is diplomatic but I think you lack the courage to say what you feel. Do you think everyone involved in Sligo GAA is in it for servng Sligo GAA? I dont, I think some are in it to serve themselves. Its not easy as human nature and the ego sometimes take over, but really when your involved with Sligo GAA, you have to make the ultimate sacrifice to yourself, in that you have no loyalty to anyone else or your club and have total and absolute loyalty to Sligo GAA as whole and do whats for Sligo. If all your actions are made from that place you will serve Sligo GAA imo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

I hear theres a meeting of the Exceutive tonight in Sligo. Some farce, a meeting at this time of year for what? No rules were broke.

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 21, 2009, 12:32:50 PM
I hear theres a meeting of the Exceutive tonight in Sligo. Some farce, a meeting at this time of year for what? No rules were broke.

I assume its the executive that was elected at convention? Strange to have a meeting this close to Christmas alright - maybe sharing out the duties for attendance at club dinner dances. There's a lot on over the Christmas.  :D

Westie

Just a crazy thought here - - surely the 09 executive are no longer, can they be considered as a coup d'etat. Heard the rumour also about the meeting but are Queenan and McGrath going as they are now on the executive!! :o

That hole is getting bigger all the time that they are digging. .

SLIGONIAN

Any word on the u21 manager? 3.5 months and counting until Championship.

Only contenders ive heard Kelly and Brennan who were nominated by there clubs and Id be happy with either.

Westie

Heard that it was none of them Sligonian....A man that has won a lot of county titles over a few counties, Denis Johnston...not so sure it is the best appointment but whether the 2010 executive voted on it or not I am not sure. Couldn't be selected by the 2009 grouping anyway, or could it......... :-X

SLIGONIAN

Johnstons selectors have been named as James Watters(St Molaise Gaels) Gerry McGowan (Tourlestrane) and Denis Keaveney from (Easkey).

Id rate James fairly highly, seen a SMG minor team last yr and the performances were incredible, especially the one against Curry. We could of got 5 or 6 goals that day but fell just short. Wouldnt know much about mcgowan except his playing days, no harm having ex countymen involved and its good to see imo. Dont anything about the Keaveney man.

Im glad all divisions in Sligo are represented and I hear there working closely with the minor manager to gain knowledge from last yr. Im sure they met with FOF aswell. 

People will say I have a harsh view of johnston, but personal experience was based on 5 yrs as my PE teacher and 2 yrs as player. I would say thats sufficent enough to gauge an opinion and eveything I said is true from my point of view. That said Ive made my point and wish him all the best in 2010 with this talented group. Id still be optimistic about our chances but want to state naming the manager this late isnt exactly fair on Johnston as all the other counties u21s are training the last few months. Best of luck to all.

Id like to wish all the Sligolads on here a Happy Christmas and great 2010. Sligeach abu.

Mano

Neil Egan has been elected as Tourlestrane manager for the coming season succeeding Anthony Brennan whom he beat in the election process. Its a bit strange that Anthony didn't get another year as he did win the double last year. But Neil won 3 championships in the 90's and is a brillant manager and hopefully can win 2 in a row this year.

Anthony was sure he was going to get the county u-21 job and initially wasn't putting his name forward. However the county chairman overlooked Anthony (they fell out after Anthony gave up the Tubbercurry job midway through the season a few years back) and decided to ring around to get an alternative unprepared candidate who hadn't put his name forward for the job.

I think that football appointments would be better if they are done in the first way which Tourlestrane use rather the way in which the Sligo chairman uses to fill county manager positions.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on January 11, 2010, 10:40:37 AM
Neil Egan has been elected as Tourlestrane manager for the coming season succeeding Anthony Brennan whom he beat in the election process. Its a bit strange that Anthony didn't get another year as he did win the double last year. But Neil won 3 championships in the 90's and is a brillant manager and hopefully can win 2 in a row this year.

Anthony was sure he was going to get the county u-21 job and initially wasn't putting his name forward. However the county chairman overlooked Anthony (they fell out after Anthony gave up the Tubbercurry job midway through the season a few years back) and decided to ring around to get an alternative unprepared candidate who hadn't put his name forward for the job.

I think that football appointments would be better if they are done in the first way which Tourlestrane use rather the way in which the Sligo chairman uses to fill county manager positions.
The 5 yr rule is unbelievably important to get rid of people like this. Where does it all go wrong. Im not saying Brennan was best man for the job, he should of got interviewed at least simple as that. But he must be better than johnston. Whats done is done though.

Heard Mcgovern will miss the NFL aswell, hope the FBD goes ahead, vital fringe players get looked at, Quinn will be a front runner for a Half backline berth but will have to prove him self, its worries me that Ewing, Mchugh etc... will be in line aswell.

Westie

County board meeting deferred -  - strange decision  -- anyone know why?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Westie on January 12, 2010, 02:15:54 PM
County board meeting deferred -  - strange decision  -- anyone know why?

Weather possibly?

Westie

Could be Seanie, I have no idea myself, just wondering our loud. Think that it would have been put in the note. 

ballboy

Hello all, New to the board!
Any predictions for the club season ahead? Heard there has been a few managerial changes most notably tourlestrane.
Tourlestrane - Neil Egan takes over from Anthony Brennan. What more can Brennan do, win the double and then get the chop!, Fairly harsh. Heard O Hara seconded the motion to put Egan forward!
Ballymote - Eugene McHale takes over from Barnes Murphy and his sidekick Gerry Monaghan. Mchale is rumoured to have rang looking for the job.
Tubbercurry -  Pat Kilcoyne and Reggie have taken over. Pat moves home!!
Coolera - Alan Kelly returns as joint manager with Neil Carew to take over from Pat Kilcoyne. Carew carries on after his success with the under 20's last year.

Any others changes that ye know of?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ballboy on January 14, 2010, 11:57:45 AM
Hello all, New to the board!
Any predictions for the club season ahead? Heard there has been a few managerial changes most notably tourlestrane.
Tourlestrane - Neil Egan takes over from Anthony Brennan. What more can Brennan do, win the double and then get the chop!, Fairly harsh. Heard O Hara seconded the motion to put Egan forward!
Ballymote - Eugene McHale takes over from Barnes Murphy and his sidekick Gerry Monaghan. Mchale is rumoured to have rang looking for the job.
Tubbercurry -  Pat Kilcoyne and Reggie have taken over. Pat moves home!!
Coolera - Alan Kelly returns as joint manager with Neil Carew to take over from Pat Kilcoyne. Carew carries on after his success with the under 20's last year.

Any others changes that ye know of?
Welcome to board, is the FBD going ahead this weekend? Any team news?