St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 29, 2009, 07:41:24 PMGreat win for Corofin, I hear bonfires are burning bright in North Sligo ;).
Are they really? Suppose the clubs with massive rural catchment areas must stick together.

sprinter

Are they really? Suppose the clubs with massive rural catchment areas must stick together
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
owenmore  .....That is so funny and on a Monday morning as well.

never experienced playing football in north sligo our boys would need stat nav if we passed the Park and oxygen if we crossed the bridge.

Should North Sligo be a divisional team would this increase the levels playing the games in north sligo and raise the skill levels etc etc .....

Should we now seriously think about introducing a policy of positive discrimination in an effort to get more represenation on the county teams at both senior and under age levels from north sligo and try at last to crack the age old problem of football in north sligo and there lack of success at senior level over the last 40 years.

jjjshabadoojnr

Quote from: sprinter on November 30, 2009, 10:57:09 AM
Are they really? Suppose the clubs with massive rural catchment areas must stick together
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
owenmore  .....That is so funny and on a Monday morning as well.

never experienced playing football in north sligo our boys would need stat nav if we passed the Park and oxygen if we crossed the bridge.

Should North Sligo be a divisional team would this increase the levels playing the games in north sligo and raise the skill levels etc etc .....

Should we now seriously think about introducing a policy of positive discrimination in an effort to get more represenation on the county teams at both senior and under age levels from north sligo and try at last to crack the age old problem of football in north sligo and there lack of success at senior level over the last 40 years.
There were at least 8 north divisonal players playing at some stage in the Kerry game in Tralee this year so I dont quite get where you are coming from with this sprinter?? Dont expect any different from Owenmoresider at this stage regarding our club, but must admit I found it funny! Been a tough old year for him what with the "splitters" winning junior and all that. Lot of pent up frustration id say.

Westie

Convention tonight - should be a snorefest I believe. Only positions with any secret vote will be Connacht council and hard to know how that will go though the Chairman is doing a bit of canvassing for some. 

No doubt most of the motions will be ruled out of order - -it would be good I believe if the county board worked with the clubs on the motions so that they could be discussed and voted on, then that would be real democracy instead of hiding behind the rule book, but as most are from Harps the co. secretary should have given them a good steer

Buckass

Any truth that moves are afoot to have an amalgamated West Division side in the senior championship? Heard this from good source.

Westie

Well I know I played in one with our near neighbours Enniscrone for a few years and then for a year with Farnans.  Not so sure about this proposal but I think it would be a good idea but can't see this happening this year, the CCC would not like the change to their timetable

SLIGONIAN

Havent had a internet connection for the last 2 weeks due to moving back to dubai from doha, Apologies to all my fans and followers but it couldnt be helped :D,

Totally out of touch with home aswell but glad to see so many great contributions on here since my absence. Some lads need geography lessons I see with regards what clubs are consider North Sligo :D. And if any of yee indeed have a map showing our catchment area kindly pass it on, you maybe suprised. We are all one lads never forget that when the Black and White comes into to play.

Sligo County Convention, im sure some of the posters on here were at it. Any news lads? Seeding for the club championship ever going to come in? Any innovation and improvements to underage structures during summer months?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 13, 2009, 07:01:24 PM
Havent had a internet connection for the last 2 weeks due to moving back to dubai from doha, Apologies to all my fans and followers but it couldnt be helped :D,

Totally out of touch with home aswell but glad to see so many great contributions on here since my absence. Some lads need geography lessons I see with regards what clubs are consider North Sligo :D. And if any of yee indeed have a map showing our catchment area kindly pass it on, you maybe suprised. We are all one lads never forget that when the Black and White comes into to play.

Sligo County Convention, im sure some of the posters on here were at it. Any news lads? Seeding for the club championship ever going to come in? Any innovation and improvements to underage structures during summer months?

Biggest news was Joe Queenan and Timmy McGrath taking the Connacht Council seats. A surprise in that they wouldn't have been the favoured choices of the powers that be. Watch this space though. Some mad rumours doing the rounds though which even I find hard to believe. If they are true we could be in for a Tommy Murphy Cup style row again. Just what the county needs.  ::)

The seeding for club championships will be decided seperately, wasn't discussed at convention. No fixtures matters can be decided at county convention. My feeling is seeding will never come in. Sligo will be proposing that U-14 football is changed to allow only one solo and one hop. This will be up for decision at Congress. Think its mad personally and we opposed it but it went through though it was close. Also going to convention from Sligo are (1) delete rule allowing teams to be eliminated from c'ship on points diff; (2) leave Croke Park open for other games. There might be one other, just can't remember now.

Westie

Seanie -- heard them rumours last night as well,  appears the 2009 executive are not too happy (which was fairly obvious on the night) .  If something happens in the background(which is strongly rumoured as well , can't say more) there will be war.

And just because the favoured candidates did not get the job - -should that not be a wake up call to them all!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Westie on December 14, 2009, 11:42:59 AM
Seanie -- heard them rumours last night as well,  appears the 2009 executive are not too happy (which was fairly obvious on the night) .  If something happens in the background(which is strongly rumoured as well , can't say more) there will be war.

And just because the favoured candidates did not get the job - -should that not be a wake up call to them all!

That's what I would have thought but not everyone thinks the same way as us.

You've obviously heard the same rumours as I have. Incredible.

Buckass

Are we talking Lisbon Treaty stuff?We don't like your choice so we'll vote again?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Buckass on December 14, 2009, 04:12:50 PM
Are we talking Lisbon Treaty stuff?We don't like your choice so we'll vote again?
Yes, Some democracy, but sure seriously they cant vote it again as this has people involved not a referendum. It just shows the politics within Sligo GAA.

You know the most shocking part is how public knowledge this is, everyone knows. Who is on the executive anyway, i presume its public knowledge so ye wont mind saying?

Westie

Holy God - the rumours are true ---- I'd say a fair few rules have been broken in the last week since convention... If I was one of the defeated candidates (and Mr. Chairman they were defeated!!)  I would not let my name go forward.

Democracy how are you

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Westie on December 15, 2009, 02:52:14 PM
Holy God - the rumours are true ---- I'd say a fair few rules have been broken in the last week since convention... If I was one of the defeated candidates (and Mr. Chairman they were defeated!!)  I would not let my name go forward.

Democracy how are you

Sadest message this sends out to the people of Sligo, is the executive think they own Sligo GAA, and let me tell them the Clubs and members own Sligo GAA. The executive have no credibility after this. How do they explain how the first vote doesnt stand?

Mr Murphy you dont own Sligo GAA. The clubs wont stand for this. You cant just spit out the dummy when you dont get your own way. Only good thing in this is it exposes the executive for what they are.

magpie seanie

Wow - has it really come to this? I don't know where to start but I agree with Westie - there's no way the defeated candidates should let their names go forward. From my reading of the rules Queenan and McGrath were properly elected. If any person or unit had a problem with that surely they should loge an appeal with Connacht or Croke Park - isn't that the way GAA democracy supposedly works?

Democracy and fairness has no home in Sligo GAA though. Some of us have known from bitter experience that the modus operandi of the current regime is if they don't like something they find a way to fix it or sort it to suit themselves. I don't say this lightly because I'm well aware who will read it and that they know who I am but the time has come to say - no more.

The crying shame of this is that there are decent GAA folk involved in the county board who are working hard for Sligo GAA. For some reason these people let things slide that they must know are wrong. To a certain extent I can understand that and to some degree we all do it but surely there must be limits.