St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Mano

From the frying pan into the fire for Tourlestrance with the selection of referee for the Tourlestrane Ballymote game. Another ref who has had a vendetta against Tourlestrance for years even when i was playing. Hopefully he can give us a fair crack this weekend.

Hornet Violet

Your like a broken record mano, mchale gave Ballymote a soft penalty the last day but he also disallowed a perfectly legit ballymote goal on the stroke of half time. Now your questioning one of the best refs in the country. Maybe if some players stopped their constant vendetta against referees decisions than tghings would be different.

stevo-08

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 01, 2009, 10:41:23 AM
Quote from: stevo-08 on September 01, 2009, 09:24:51 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 31, 2009, 11:52:01 PM
Our minors saved their season tonight with a much improved display to beat Farnan's and clinch a quarter final spot. Last weeks display against Mary's was simply unacceptable but thankfully not fatal. We have a talented squad who on their day are a match for anyone but they can mix the sublime with the ridiculous. The draw will be interesting (is it made already????). I'd say one or two minor games went by the wayside this evening because of the incredibly bad weather.

Draw was made before start of the championship. Group A v Group B, Group C v Group D. The final group games in A & B were not played last night but I cant see the tables changing, which will leave the following draw:
SMG v Ballymote/Bunninadden
Tubbercurry v Curry
St. Johns v Coolera
Drumcliff v St. Farnans

All games scheduled for next monday, so they'll try and get the final group games played before then.

Wouldnt say SMG are certs yet, its all to play for down to scoring difference and Calry are at home. If they beat us it comes down to scoring difference as all teams will be on 2pts.. We play them some day this week. Best of luck to our lads.

Big win for Sligonian's crowd in minor yesterday evening, which completes the group stages. Originally the q-finals were fixed for monday 7th but I cant see any fixtures on Sligogaa website. Anyone get confirmation of the minor q-final dates??

magpie seanie

Was surprised the minor q-f's were not up yet. Less than 3 days is not really good enough official notice. I wonder with the bad weather (and possibly grief from clubs over this crazy Monday thing) are they going to hold off for a few days? QF's Wed and semis the following Wed makes sense to me. Room for replays there too.

Mano

Quote from: Hornet Violet on September 04, 2009, 09:47:27 AM
Your like a broken record mano, mchale gave Ballymote a soft penalty the last day but he also disallowed a perfectly legit ballymote goal on the stroke of half time.
Everyone was in agreement on here that there was never a penalty. You seem to think it was a footblock, the weekender things it was for a pick up off the ground - nobody seems to know what the decision was given for. For the goal that wasn't given - was the whistle not blown before it went in the net?

Quote from: Hornet Violet on September 04, 2009, 09:47:27 AM
Maybe if some players stopped their constant vendetta against referees decisions than tghings would be different.
I agree if a certain player kept his mouth shut we might get have a bit more fair play from referees but refs should always be neutral and not biased towards one team.

Anyway best of luck to both sides and hopefully the outcome is based on the performance of both teams rather than dubious refereeing decisions.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stevo-08 on September 04, 2009, 10:01:34 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 01, 2009, 10:41:23 AM
Quote from: stevo-08 on September 01, 2009, 09:24:51 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 31, 2009, 11:52:01 PM
Our minors saved their season tonight with a much improved display to beat Farnan's and clinch a quarter final spot. Last weeks display against Mary's was simply unacceptable but thankfully not fatal. We have a talented squad who on their day are a match for anyone but they can mix the sublime with the ridiculous. The draw will be interesting (is it made already????). I'd say one or two minor games went by the wayside this evening because of the incredibly bad weather.

Draw was made before start of the championship. Group A v Group B, Group C v Group D. The final group games in A & B were not played last night but I cant see the tables changing, which will leave the following draw:
SMG v Ballymote/Bunninadden
Tubbercurry v Curry
St. Johns v Coolera
Drumcliff v St. Farnans

All games scheduled for next monday, so they'll try and get the final group games played before then.

Wouldnt say SMG are certs yet, its all to play for down to scoring difference and Calry are at home. If they beat us it comes down to scoring difference as all teams will be on 2pts.. We play them some day this week. Best of luck to our lads.

Big win for Sligonian's crowd in minor yesterday evening, which completes the group stages. Originally the q-finals were fixed for monday 7th but I cant see any fixtures on Sligogaa website. Anyone get confirmation of the minor q-final dates??
Ya Stevo, our lads won 4-13 to 1-5 against Calry, big win surely, your draw was spot on. Best of luck to our lads. Wont be easy against BB. Spoke to Dad and he was at game last night but doesnt know QTR dates. He did say Calry had to give us hiome advantage as there pitch was unplayable which was good news for us, so ye might be right about the weather.

Edited Dad got the score a wee bit wrong, he is known to lose count in some games, I often left games myself thinkig we won or trying to judge players reactions at the end :D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stevo-08

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2009, 10:12:10 AM
Was surprised the minor q-f's were not up yet. Less than 3 days is not really good enough official notice. I wonder with the bad weather (and possibly grief from clubs over this crazy Monday thing) are they going to hold off for a few days? QF's Wed and semis the following Wed makes sense to me. Room for replays there too.

I have it on good authority ::)  that q-f's will go ahead as per the draw and schedule in original notification to clubs (how long ago was that now???), which means games will go ahead at 7pm next monday. But still, it's extremely poor form that the fixtures arent up on website yet.

Hornet Violet

It wasnt me that said it was a footblock because it was clearly a great diving block with the hands. Mchale said ball had to go dead but surely a goal is deemed dead. He blew when blew when ball was in flight about a second before it was fisted to net. But anyway i do hope its as exciting a game as it was last week and that we tighten things up at the back. Best of luck to both

SLIGONIAN

As expected Tourlestrane beat Balymote 2-13 to 1-8 and Harps beat Calry 1-17 to 0-10.

Harps v Coolera/Strandhill
Tourlestrane v  St Johns

Good luck to all teams, should be cracking games.

Hornet Violet

Ballymote were well beaten today by a more clinical team yesterday. They just couldnt get to grips with the pace of Tourlestranes forwards and some of their own forwards had very disappointing days. Tour looked like they may be regaining some of their earlier league form and i fully expect them to beat St Johns and then Coolera in the final. Dont think the hunger is there for Harps this year.

Mano

An impressive display by Tourlestrance on Saturday puts them back in contention. There was a marked increase in workrate and intensity around the field with many players returning to form. Gary Gaughan returned to last years form scoring 2-5 (2-3 from play). the 2 goals were dispatched rocketlike to the top corner. He tortured the Ballymote rearguard along with the speedy Alan Dunne and Gerry. Defence were on top throughout and kept Lyons, Munds, McTiernan very quiet.

Ballymote i think are a few players short of winning a championsip but if they could get Clancy fit it would be a big benefit to them. Tourlestrance head into the Johns game now full of confidence after a return to form and players returning to fitness. Johns will be difficult though as they have been more consistent throughout the championship and should be a close game.

magpie seanie

Our minors are gone after a tight game with John's in Cuilbeg. I know I'm biased but this is one we eally should have won. After a terrible first 20 minutes where most of them didn't look interested we were 6 down but rallied well to cut the gap to 4 by the break. With the strong wind at our backs in the second half it looked manageable. Conditions deteriorated as the game went on but we got level with 10 left and edged a point ahead with 5 minutes to go. John's then worked a good move upfield and a cracking finish to the corner gave them the night's only goal and a big lift to help them hold out. Pretty sick about it to be honest. Infuriating to watch. We had high hopes for this team but the inconsistency that goes with minors is a killer. Molaise, Curry and Drumcliffe all advanced too. I think semis are John's v. Curry and Molaise v. Drumcliffe. I think Curry and Molaise will go through and I fancy Molaise to win it out to be honest.

We got through to the junior semi final on Sunday with a hard fought win against Molaise Gaels. Whichever of us went through would need to improve to advance further.

stevo-08

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 07, 2009, 09:43:40 PM
Our minors are gone after a tight game with John's in Cuilbeg. I know I'm biased but this is one we eally should have won. After a terrible first 20 minutes where most of them didn't look interested we were 6 down but rallied well to cut the gap to 4 by the break. With the strong wind at our backs in the second half it looked manageable. Conditions deteriorated as the game went on but we got level with 10 left and edged a point ahead with 5 minutes to go. John's then worked a good move upfield and a cracking finish to the corner gave them the night's only goal and a big lift to help them hold out. Pretty sick about it to be honest. Infuriating to watch. We had high hopes for this team but the inconsistency that goes with minors is a killer. Molaise, Curry and Drumcliffe all advanced too. I think semis are John's v. Curry and Molaise v. Drumcliffe. I think Curry and Molaise will go through and I fancy Molaise to win it out to be honest.

We got through to the junior semi final on Sunday with a hard fought win against Molaise Gaels. Whichever of us went through would need to improve to advance further.

Semis are: Molaise Gaels v Johns, Curry v Drumcliff. I'd expect a Curry v Molaise Gaels final.

Like you seanie, feel absolutely sick by that result tonight. Had 4 goal chances and just feel we left it behind us. Johns scored a solitary point for 27mins of the 2nd half but got the vital goal at the end. And as they say, goals win championship matches...

SLIGONIAN

Good result for us last night, tough semi final against Johns. Best of luck to our lads. 3 North Sligo teams in the semis. Best of luck.

St Molaise Gaels  2-14 2-6 Ballymote/Bunninadden  St Molaise Gaels Quarter Final 
Curry  0-16 0-10 Tubbercurry  Curry Quarter Final 
St Johns  1-10 0-11 Coolera-Strandhill  St Johns Quarter Final 
St Farnans  1-8 1-10 Drumcliffe Rosses Point  St Farnans Quarter Final

Further enhances James watters reputation and will hopefully go for the senior job next yr. Albeit doesnt guarntee success. He seems to get the best out of the minors so hes got my backing.

SLIGONIAN

From Sligogaa.ie

Minor A Semi-Finals (Saturday 12 September 2009)

Replays if necessary Saturday 19 September 2009

Curry v Drumcliffe/Rosses Point

Venue:  Tubbercurry - Time 2pm

St John's v St Molaise gaels

Venue:  Tubbercurry - Time 3:30 pm

Minor Shield Competition – Round 2  (Saturday, 12th September, 2009)

Extra Time if level at Full Time

First named team has home advantage

Ballymote/Bunnanadden v Tubbercurry – Time: 2:00 p.m.

Coolera/Strandhill v St Farnan's – Time: 2:00 p.m.

Minor B Semi-Finals – (Saturday, 19th September, 2009)

Replays if necessary Saturday 26 September 2009 

Venue and times TBC
St. Pats v Tourlestrane

Castleconnor v Coolaney-Mullinabreena

Not too happy that an all North Sligo semi is being played in Tubber, but rather be in it than not. Good luck to our lads. Jees the games come thick and fast. Youll have a job to motivate your lads Stevo for the shield. Wouldnt know how to approach shield competition to be honest especially how ye lost the johns game.