St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Sligoper

Davey keeps gettin asked back, its not like he bursts into the first meeting at the start of the year and demands he is part of the panel. Id go back until i was 80 if i was always asked back, as im sure you would.

Yeah i think Curry will too, havnt head about any of their lads going away this summer compared to other clubs! But Tourlestrane will run them close!!
Go on the Bunnies!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Sligoper on January 11, 2009, 01:04:12 PM
Davey keeps gettin asked back, its not like he bursts into the first meeting at the start of the year and demands he is part of the panel. Id go back until i was 80 if i was always asked back, as im sure you would.

Yeah i think Curry will too, havnt head about any of their lads going away this summer compared to other clubs! But Tourlestrane will run them close!!
Early to tell yet, but they'll be thereabouts, Coolera could be close too, but I'd not make any call til the league is underway.

Poll set up, vote early and often.

magpie seanie

Ah come on Baoithe that's a bit ott.

baoithe

SLIGONIAN

Hope to see a few more reports of the upcoming Leitrim game than i did for the GMIT one. McTiernan scored 0-4 from play last day, promising sign but needs to kick on against leitrim this weekend against alot tougher defence.

Hard to believe we are playing Kilkenny first round of league. Annoying i have to say almost embarrasing but we are where we are. I think we'll get promotion though. Easier said than done.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

Quote from: baoithe on January 13, 2009, 03:02:08 PM
Yeah perhaps.

Maybe you might just take that down. Its a sensitive issue.

baoithe

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2009, 09:21:50 AM
Quote from: baoithe on January 13, 2009, 03:02:08 PM
Yeah perhaps.

Maybe you might just take that down. Its a sensitive issue.

Point taken. I guess it is a sensitive point for some people. Its deleted now and I apologise if it caused offence to anyone.

Still don't see why it was put under Sligo GAA news. And the same goes for this:

http://www.sligogaa.ie/newsitem.aspx?=1850

Sligoper

OMS, You obviously dont think Tourlestrane are in with a chance this year of winning the championship! I see they're not even included in the poll :D :D :D

Good win over GMIT Sunday, hopefull we'll finish with a win against Leitrim.

Has anyone an idea  of players that will be gone by or have already gone by this summers championship?
Would like to have an idea of which teams will be left short!
Go on the Bunnies!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Sligoper on January 16, 2009, 09:24:29 PM
OMS, You obviously dont think Tourlestrane are in with a chance this year of winning the championship! I see they're not even included in the poll :D :D :D
Wasn't intentional, I assure you that.  ;D ;D

Mary's have appointed Barney Breen (Leitrim selector under Dolan) as manager, and John Bruen is taking over at the Harps, as Johnson is Carrick-bound. I take it that's all the main clubs sorted as regards management now?

Sligoper

Thats them all! Its going to be between Curry and Tourlestane i feel this year. I havnt heard of any players going away this year from either teams so i think both look strong for the win!
Go on the Bunnies!

Mano

Quote from: Sligoper on January 16, 2009, 10:44:08 PM
Thats them all! Its going to be between Curry and Tourlestane i feel this year. I havnt heard of any players going away this year from either teams so i think both look strong for the win!
Brendan Egan is away in Sweden - he has been the driving force in the club for the last few years and is a major loss. Anthony Brennan is back in charge so thats a huge plus-why he is continually overlooked for County jobs is strange. I think we are short a few scoring forwards but most Sligo teams are struggling in that department with exception of Curry perhaps.

SLIGONIAN

McHale has resigned as SMG manager after only 8 players turned up for sunday morning training at 8.30, also a few players gave him notice they would be unavailable for long periods during the year. Sad on both accounts, he did it to us before >:(. Our club has never been the best commitment wise from the players, and mchale was expecting a miracle for that to change but he shouldnt be quitting after 3 weeks. The first meeting attracted 25 players but nrs have dewindled since.

Who we get now no one knows? I suppose James Watters would be my favourite, no one else comes close.

SLIGONIAN

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 20, 2009, 08:44:22 AM
McHale has resigned as SMG manager after only 8 players turned up for sunday morning training at 8.30, also a few players gave him notice they would be unavailable for long periods during the year. Sad on both accounts, he did it to us before >:(. Our club has never been the best commitment wise from the players, and mchale was expecting a miracle for that to change but he shouldnt be quitting after 3 weeks. The first meeting attracted 25 players but nrs have dewindled since.

Who we get now no one knows? I suppose James Watters would be my favourite, no one else comes close.

To be honest I think that kind of lark is stupid. Would Harps/Tourlestrane/Curry be at that jazz this time of the year? If it was the county team then maybe fair enough but at club level you need to bring lads with you as best you can and up the ante at the appropriate time. Championship is 6 months away!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 20, 2009, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 20, 2009, 08:44:22 AM

To be honest I think that kind of lark is stupid. Would Harps/Tourlestrane/Curry be at that jazz this time of the year? If it was the county team then maybe fair enough but at club level you need to bring lads with you as best you can and up the ante at the appropriate time. Championship is 6 months away!

When I heard 8.30am training on Sunday, i knew this would happen. He was expecting way too much too early I agree. He must of known that himself surely. Disappointed News all the same though.