St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Sligoper

Sligonians new year resolution should be to let the Parsons thing go. Its really sad at this stage.

Anyway, time for people to roll out predictions!

Championship? Curry, Harps, Tubber, Tourlestrane?

One thing is a cert, watch for the emigration this summer of students to other shores. Also Tradesmen off to the Oz! Teams will lose some of their big name players.
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Sligoper on January 01, 2009, 04:16:12 PM
Sligonians new year resolution should be to let the Parsons thing go. Its really sad at this stage.

One thing is a cert, watch for the emigration this summer of students to other shores. Also Tradesmen off to the Oz! Teams will lose some of their big name players.

I will never let go of it until bellaghy players play for SLIGO. Simple as that.

Curry will win Sligo senior Championship. Our lads SMG to make a big impact in the senior this yr under a decent management team.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Sligoper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 01, 2009, 05:32:48 PM

I will never let go of it until bellaghy players play for SLIGO. Simple as that.

Curry will win Sligo senior Championship. Our lads SMG to make a big impact in the senior this yr under a decent management team.

Thats quite heroic of you Sligonian, whats the current status so in Bellaghy? Please inform us? What players are playing for what clubs?
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Sligoper on January 01, 2009, 08:14:22 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 01, 2009, 05:32:48 PM

Thats quite heroic of you Sligonian, whats the current status so in Bellaghy? Please inform us? What players are playing for what clubs?

Why you patronising me for? Is it not every Sligo supporters wish? 4 or 5 lads from bellaghy playing with Charlestown at senior as you well know, i want that to stop...

Do you not want it to stop Sligoper? ???

Sligoper

Of course, well then collectively harp on about them and not just Parsons, your giving the Sligo posters a ad reputation by always moaning about tom!!
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Sligoper on January 03, 2009, 04:49:40 PM
Of course, well then collectively harp on about them and not just Parsons, your giving the Sligo posters a ad reputation by always moaning about tom!!

Why you so sensitive about Tom? At the end of the day he is the one who most betrayed us and his county by wearing the red and green, he is the one who is going to hurt us on football field more than the rest and you know that and he knows that and so does his father. I didnt hear about the mulligans going to sligo matches wearing sligo jerseys only 4 or 5 yrs ago. There father is from Mayo so i can understand that to a certain extent. It just pisses me off that SLIGO CB are letting this happen aswell. I would be doing something about it. Id first find out why? Then id do everything possible to coax them back and stop the supply to Mayo.

Sligo 0-12 Galway 0-14, mcnamara CHB >:( here we go again!!!

SLIGONIAN

paddypastit

That's what ya might call an 'experimental' line up?
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Owenmoresider

Hard to know what to make of Saturday's display. Some good displays but the problems remain the same. Mullen and Colleary aren't going to make it at this level at centre-field, Mullen's been tried before and failed, while the mindless new rules meant Colleary didn't possibly get enough time to prove the point beyond doubt. O'Hara came in for him and did quite well, but it's preferable if we didn't have to rely on him at centrefield, but it's looking that way. A shame Quinn has been left out of the picture. The hafl-back and half-forward lines weren't particularly impressive, with the McNamara experiment not meeting with much success again, though he too left the scene of Neary's violition. Donncha Gallagher made his first start at wing-forward, kicked a fine free from distance but contributed little else. His replacement Scanlon was similiarly ineffective. Davey was Davey, you know the score by now. Marren had a fine outing, faded a bit in the second half but was our main scoring threat. McTernan showed reasonably well too, though he could have done better in the second when having a shot blocked with a man inside through on goal. Raymond was debuting at full-forward, but that's not an experiment that will work IMO. Maybe elsewhere, but he'll have to improve. Phillips had a good game at corner-back and Harrison was doing grand until Neary decided he was being too useful for us and got rid of him. McGuire had his hands full with N. Joyce but coped reasonably well. Our clubman finally got his go between the sticks, and did what was required of him. Hopefully he'll get another run or two, might give Greene a hint to up his game.

Heard that Donovan is off to the States also. We've lost or are losing a good few to further horizons, with Taylor and Danny Grady in Oz, Brian Curran headed that way soon, and a few more from the Tubber ranks, including Kelly and Gilmartin, headed stateside in the summer seemingly. Will not help our prospects, though on the other hand it leaves Tubber fairly fecked in the club scene.

Sligoper

Yup, immigration is going to have a massive effect, rumours from one of the south Sligo boys is that T Taylor is coming home but ill beleive it when i see it!

This week, GMIT, we're playing, i expect a win anyway, will be interesting to see the line up that the big man throws out.
Go on the Bunnies!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Sligoper on January 09, 2009, 03:57:35 PM
rumours from one of the south Sligo boys is that T Taylor is coming home but ill beleive it when i see it!
You'll find that's not a rumour. He'll be back shortly.

Sligoper

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 10, 2009, 04:11:54 PM
rumours from one of the south Sligo boys is that T Taylor is coming home but ill beleive it when i see it!

I thinks he's back actually! Any idea how we start a new poll for the 2009 year about who'll win Owen B?
Go on the Bunnies!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Sligoper on January 10, 2009, 07:11:47 PM

I thinks he's back actually! Any idea how we start a new poll for the 2009 year about who'll win Owen B?
Jaysus, will ya quit, it's only the second week of January yet! Will edit it in a week or so though.

Thought he might actually have been back by now, but wasn't sure enough to say so. Harps will be happy to have him back, and the issue of midfield for the county is still a burning one, though he'd be a bit behind in terms of training, but still with Harps going for so long last year, the 'break' might have been no harm for him either.

Sligoper

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 11, 2009, 01:13:36 AM
Quote from: Sligoper on January 10, 2009, 07:11:47 PM

Jaysus, will ya quit, it's only the second week of January yet! Will edit it in a week or so though.

Only the second week to you but there are club teams training away!!
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Whose that Sligo LEGEND in your avatar sligoper. Its not Mickey kerins picturedn on his last game for Sligo age 60? :P.

Glad to hear Tonys back. Disapointed Sean Davey hasnt stayed retired, a man that did great service but well past his best and would prefer new faces now than hanger ons...glad to hear that j martyn is back.

Curry will win Owen B next yr beating tourlestrane in final.