St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Teeling Gael

Presume by the lack of nomination information in local papers, the county board will be returned en masse next week. Motions regarding the structures of underage football seem interesting. I am not in any way involved in underage football at the moment but there appears to be alot of disenchantment at timetabling of underage competitions. In a competitive marketplace for young kids playing sport, it is imperative that Sligo GAA has the optimium timetable for underage football rather than trying to play off competitions as quickly as possible.

Cooleras proposal on restructuring senior competition is interesting and is something that is regularily discussed here. Overall I would have praise for CCC who year on year have beenconsistently improving scheduling but I would be happier with Coolera proposal backed up with changing "warm up" competitions to the summer time, particuliarily that top 24 teams have 3 matches less per annum, than the current starting of matches in mid February with 4 week gaps in July and August between matches. Obviusly the main theory behind Coolera is the availability of county players for league matches which can only be good for football standards. Could you clarify Seanie , if my reading of motion is correct that its intention is no promotion or relegation out of Division 3 and no promotion out of Division 4 in 2009. If so , think thats a flaw in proposal but long term would like a playoff between 2nd placed team in a lower division and 2nd bottom team in higher division to negate the yo yo effect that is very prevalent in Sligo club football at athe moment.

magpie seanie

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 30, 2008, 10:40:25 PM
Sligonian - no matter how much you know about the game the day you think you are invicible is the day you are finished. No-one knows it all and even though you don't agree with someone it is worthwhile seeing where they come from - especially people with the experience and honesty of Mano. The likes of Mickey Harte are the best because they constantly question themselves and are hungry to learn.

Just for the record - I don't know Mano personally but I think I know who he is and have seen him playing many times.

True, i certainly dont know it all or said i do, no one does. Agree to disagree with Mano in my last post so dont want to go on about it.

Hows things going back home, any word on the next SLIGO MINOR MANAGER?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Teeling Gael on December 04, 2008, 09:34:08 AM
Presume by the lack of nomination information in local papers, the county board will be returned en masse next week. Motions regarding the structures of underage football seem interesting. I am not in any way involved in underage football at the moment but there appears to be alot of disenchantment at timetabling of underage competitions. In a competitive marketplace for young kids playing sport, it is imperative that Sligo GAA has the optimium timetable for underage football rather than trying to play off competitions as quickly as possible.

Cooleras proposal on restructuring senior competition is interesting and is something that is regularily discussed here. Overall I would have praise for CCC who year on year have beenconsistently improving scheduling but I would be happier with Coolera proposal backed up with changing "warm up" competitions to the summer time, particuliarily that top 24 teams have 3 matches less per annum, than the current starting of matches in mid February with 4 week gaps in July and August between matches. Obviusly the main theory behind Coolera is the availability of county players for league matches which can only be good for football standards. Could you clarify Seanie , if my reading of motion is correct that its intention is no promotion or relegation out of Division 3 and no promotion out of Division 4 in 2009. If so , think thats a flaw in proposal but long term would like a playoff between 2nd placed team in a lower division and 2nd bottom team in higher division to negate the yo yo effect that is very prevalent in Sligo club football at athe moment.
Turned out to be another job well done. No contests and all motions ruled out, bar the CB-promoted ones obviously.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 06, 2008, 02:59:16 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 30, 2008, 10:40:25 PM
Sligonian - no matter how much you know about the game the day you think you are invicible is the day you are finished. No-one knows it all and even though you don't agree with someone it is worthwhile seeing where they come from - especially people with the experience and honesty of Mano. The likes of Mickey Harte are the best because they constantly question themselves and are hungry to learn.

Just for the record - I don't know Mano personally but I think I know who he is and have seen him playing many times.

True, i certainly dont know it all or said i do, no one does. Agree to disagree with Mano in my last post so dont want to go on about it.

Hows things going back home, any word on the next SLIGO MINOR MANAGER?
Mulhern got it.

stevo-08

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 10, 2008, 07:41:41 PM
Quote from: Teeling Gael on December 04, 2008, 09:34:08 AM

Turned out to be another job well done. No contests and all motions ruled out, bar the CB-promoted ones obviously.

Indeed. And the CB managed to deflect alot of criticism away from the Coiste na nOg by clarifying that all matters relating to under age can be voiced at the monthly CB meetings through the club reps. Not sure if JM thought that one through - next year's CB meetings should be interesting.

Westie

Well that convention is now a joke.  Everything ruled out of order.  How can there be change.  The SGaels delgate was only proposing some minute changes to the scheduling of the underage and the Minor board chairman goes ballistic and super defensive.  The proposed calendar for next years adult, means that approx 90 % of the league is over by mid May , so much for playing football in the Summer and as the Ballymote delegate pointed out the first 8-9 rounds are on alternate weekends to the NFL - will we have county players!
Then we find out that a ruling by the transfers sub committee that was voted on at a cb meeting earlier in the year was never sent for ratification to Central council - buried cos it won't be ratified but that is ok because Marys and Tubber got their boys !!  Dictatorship   --- -- -- --  And no club getting the reports or info on the meeting till the day before -  is it from Stalin they learned their style from

magpie seanie

Quote from: Westie on December 11, 2008, 11:14:48 AM
Well that convention is now a joke.  Everything ruled out of order.  How can there be change.  The SGaels delgate was only proposing some minute changes to the scheduling of the underage and the Minor board chairman goes ballistic and super defensive.  The proposed calendar for next years adult, means that approx 90 % of the league is over by mid May , so much for playing football in the Summer and as the Ballymote delegate pointed out the first 8-9 rounds are on alternate weekends to the NFL - will we have county players!
Then we find out that a ruling by the transfers sub committee that was voted on at a cb meeting earlier in the year was never sent for ratification to Central council - buried cos it won't be ratified but that is ok because Marys and Tubber got their boys !!  Dictatorship   --- -- -- --  And no club getting the reports or info on the meeting till the day before -  is it from Stalin they learned their style from

Exactly.

SLIGONIAN

I cant understand the yes man mentality in the county board, why doesnt no one stand up against murphy and co. I know theres 1 or 2 that actually do see the overall picture and not just there for club self preservation..it pisses me off hearing what goes on.

Dont even get me started on the chairman of the minor board.

Anyway the only light at the end of the tunnel these idiots wont be around forever and lets hope there not another conveyor belt of idiots waiting in the wings.

Best of luck to mulhern, hope it goes well for him although besides him teaching in st johns national school and coaching them i dont know much else about him. One thing though he has got one of the best sligo teams in long long time. If they really believe in themselves they could win connacht and even more but got a tough draw. Galway first round, then mayo and then leitrim or ros in final...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 12, 2008, 07:01:21 AM
I cant understand the yes man mentality in the county board, why doesnt no one stand up against murphy and co. I know theres 1 or 2 that actually do see the overall picture and not just there for club self preservation..it pisses me off hearing what goes on.
Because your club will get screwed in many possible ways. Would take a few clubs to get organised to make an effective stand, otherwise you're pissing in the wind. It's a small coincidence that the two clubs who stood up on the transfers (given it was their players being taken) were beaten in the semis, aided by some questionable decisions by the officials.

Quote from: Westie on December 11, 2008, 11:14:48 AM
Then we find out that a ruling by the transfers sub committee that was voted on at a cb meeting earlier in the year was never sent for ratification to Central council - buried cos it won't be ratified but that is ok because Marys and Tubber got their boys !!  Dictatorship   --- -- -- --  And no club getting the reports or info on the meeting till the day before -  is it from Stalin they learned their style from
Yep, you would wonder what the convention is for now, a social gathering perhaps, or a back-patting exercise. Because it doesn't seem to be for any decision-making. That's seemingly for other bodies, where it can be controlled. The timing of clubs receiving the info is strange too. And seemingly noone bothered to inform the convention of Mulhern's appointment either.

SLIGONIAN

What do yee all make of Mulherns appointment?

The weekender gave a very thorough account of the Sligo county convention. Good read.

Any more news back home? I see summerhill made a great comeback against st muirdeachs in the junior A league, how good a win is that for Sligo Football? Michael o hehir for st johns got 2-0 looks a good prospect, and dylan healy if they stay with it. Both played well for sligo u16s last yr. Darragh McConnon 1-2, Patrick Heraghty 1-4, aswell got alot of scores.

Im already hearing good things back from home regarding walsh, this yr will be alot different to last yr with regards to player atitude, fitness and workrate im assured. I know its early but good to hear.

Congrats to Mick Burke, Keith Raymond and Liam Riedy on there selection on the Nicky rackard cup 15 team of the yr.

SLIGONIAN

Expectations for 2009, for sligo gaa.

Retaintion of the Nicky Rackard cup.
Retaintion of the Manning Cup and maybe add Tedd Webb this yr.

My realistic expectations for Sligo minors, I really rate this squad really highly, the players are there to win Connacht no doubt, I have no clue as to how good shrewd and quality of manager Mulhern is. If he is top class we are in business because if we get the best of these lads we will win connacht. Tough draw, i think we will beat Galway first round and then cant predict how we do against mayo... so at least a semi final appearance, now remember if we get past galway the semi against mayo is in markievicz as curtain raiser for sligo galway csfc so that will help us no end with the sligofans in early to roar on the minors.

Sligo u21s at least a connacht final appearance will do for me, easy draw with leitrim in semi, good squad again so should get to the decider on April 4th.

Sligo Seniors, at least promotion from div4 will do, Championship is impossible to predict but we beat this same galway 2 yrs ago, they played better last yr but i think we can turn them over in the park. Im gonna say connacht final appearance and who knows, one guarntee is we wont be as badly prepared as last yr.

Dream scenario "Parsons OG in final last minute gifts Sligo Nestor Cup" :D. Karma.

We will see, best of luck to all Sligo teams in 2009.

dodo

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 29, 2008, 12:49:33 PM

My realistic expectations for Sligo minors, I really rate this squad really highly, the players are there to win Connacht no doubt, I have no clue as to how good shrewd and quality of manager Mulhern is. If he is top class we are in business because if we get the best of these lads we will win connacht. Tough draw, i think we will beat Galway first round and then cant predict how we do against mayo... so at least a semi final appearance, now remember if we get past galway the semi against mayo is in markievicz as curtain raiser for sligo galway csfc so that will help us no end with the sligofans in early to roar on the minors.

Sligo u21s at least a connacht final appearance will do for me, easy draw with leitrim in semi, good squad again so should get to the decider on April 4th.

Sligo Seniors, at least promotion from div4 will do, Championship is impossible to predict but we beat this same galway 2 yrs ago, they played better last yr but i think we can turn them over in the park. Im gonna say connacht final appearance and who knows, one guarntee is we wont be as badly prepared as last yr.

Dream scenario "Parsons OG in final last minute gifts Sligo Nestor Cup" :D. Karma.

A few honest predictions by the mad lad above......I'll go with a big fat zero across the board for Sligo ......as much success as footing turf in Dubai.

Parsons will hardly blink at such an outcome

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: dodo on January 01, 2009, 03:53:17 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 29, 2008, 12:49:33 PM

A few honest predictions by the mad lad above......I'll go with a big fat zero across the board for Sligo ......as much success as footing turf in Dubai.

Parsons will hardly blink at such an outcome

His Father wiould be happy though ;).

SLIGONIAN

Eugene McHale new manager of St Molaise Gaels,

Best of luck to him and the players this yr.

St Molaise Gaels Abu.