St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Westie

Was at the Tubber game and also the Geevagh- Marys game. Sligonian, I thought Quinn was the pick of midfield by a long stroke.  Won vital kickouts and never wasted a ball, where as Gilmartin tried to bully him early on though he got a good point at the start of the 2nd half but where was he in the last 15mins. It was my first time seeing Gilmartin at senior level and he looked one paced to me.  Once McGee stopped getting the ball Tubber looked in trouble and I think they are vulnerable in the backs.  McPartland is only coming back after injury and did not play against us the last day, the game will do him good.  I agree with you that Tubber seem to have better footballers but their defence was too easily pushed off the ball. Both McPartland and Kelly missed 2 very easy fisted efforts in the game. Draw was a fair result and look forward to the replay.
The scoreline does not do justice to Geevagh in their game. Was anyones game with 10 mins to go and from a kickout soehow freakishly there was 3 Marys forwards inside the whole defence when the ball went in from the break and that was that.  Very disappointed with Beirne and Sweeney. Neither tracked back and did the hard work when needed. Didn't play like their life depended on it. The Geevagh no. 5 and 3(when moved to centre back) sweated blood for their team. Jonny Davey is as honest as they come and worked hard all day but lfouls a good bit.  Coen got good scroes from play but Mark was absent till the goal was scored and another man who would not cover back.  McDonagh was a handful for Johnny Martyn who was lucky not to score an own goal though the game was over at that stage.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Westie on September 22, 2008, 09:08:14 AM
Was at the Tubber game and also the Geevagh- Marys game. Sligonian, I thought Quinn was the pick of midfield by a long stroke.  Won vital kickouts and never wasted a ball, where as Gilmartin tried to bully him early on though he got a good point at the start of the 2nd half but where was he in the last 15mins. It was my first time seeing Gilmartin at senior level and he looked one paced to me.  Once McGee stopped getting the ball Tubber looked in trouble and I think they are vulnerable in the backs.  McPartland is only coming back after injury and did not play against us the last day, the game will do him good.  I agree with you that Tubber seem to have better footballers but their defence was too easily pushed off the ball. Both McPartland and Kelly missed 2 very easy fisted efforts in the game. Draw was a fair result and look forward to the replay.
The scoreline does not do justice to Geevagh in their game. Was anyones game with 10 mins to go and from a kickout soehow freakishly there was 3 Marys forwards inside the whole defence when the ball went in from the break and that was that.  Very disappointed with Beirne and Sweeney. Neither tracked back and did the hard work when needed. Didn't play like their life depended on it. The Geevagh no. 5 and 3(when moved to centre back) sweated blood for their team. Jonny Davey is as honest as they come and worked hard all day but lfouls a good bit.  Coen got good scroes from play but Mark was absent till the goal was scored and another man who would not cover back.  McDonagh was a handful for Johnny Martyn who was lucky not to score an own goal though the game was over at that stage.

I must be gone blind so. Won vital kickouts, did he catch a ball? Some of yee seem to be labouring under the illusion I go to games on my own. Well there was few of us and men alot more older and knowledgable than me who feel the same and saw it the way i did not all SMG men either i might add. I think maybe some lads on here have a hidden agenda with regards to some players. It is the only logic i can put on it.

I personnally thought it was cooleras HB line and Hf line crowding the middle sector that won the breaks, and suffocated the space around the middle sector which turned the game. It cut off the supply line to the Tubber forwards. Although i thought Gilmartin did well when push came to shove 2nd half. When it was a man for man battle tubber where on top.

Personnally think Coolera will win replay just.

Replay

Tubber V Coolera 14.00 Toulestrane this sunday

Intermediate final

St Molaise Gaels v Coolaney 16.00 Markievicz park this Sunday
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Extract from a post from myself:

Sligo U18 A semi final result
Curry 1-16 St Molaise Gaels 3-7

"Tension was rising, there was an altercation on the sideline which really angered me, the ball went out of play and our selector picked it up as the curry selector was beside him and the ball was dropped but the curry and our selector were side to side (shoulder to shoulder) and the curry fella gave our buck a wee tip of shoulder and our selector replied with a tip of a shoulder back, the curry selector fell to grd holding his face , and shouted CALL THE GUARDS , this enraged me and all our support who were no more than 7yards directly behind the incident, our selector was sent off. Then cute curry f*cker then held his nose for what i do not know. This was similar to aidan o mahony incindent except worse. It was a sneeze of shoulder our selector gave him, his hands were both down by his side and it had little or no force behind it. I was in rage and i roared abuse at the curry selector who went a bit red in the face i might add. f*cking diving b*stard. Great role model for his young team."

Post from Magpie Seanie:
"I had to head off straight after our game so didn't see any of the Curry/Molaise game. From a friend of mine who was there he reckoned it was a much higher standard game with Molaise a little unlucky. He also said that the antics of the Curry manager (originally from Laneboro I believe) were an thundering disgrace. The incident was described to me exactly as Sligonian put it and this eejit went round holding his chin for the rest of the game. From playing against and watching the Molaise Gaels selector involved over the years I'd vouch for the fact that he's a very nice fella and good football man. Sounds like Michael Duffy had a poor hour though to be honest I rate him the best in the county. "

The above incident is exactly as described and backed up by seanie, would you believe Michael Duffy has requested that our selector be given a 8 WEEK BAN >:(. We have appealled this and with backing of various witnesses hope to get a hearing this week before the intermediate final.

Disgrace is all i can say >:(. Im starting to lose faith in Sligo people involved in the GAA, some are clearly not there for the good of Sligo GAA. It just seems to be a disaster lately, Sligo CCC venue choices seemingly always favouring south Sligo, Duffys antics against us in the above match, letting curry selector away scot free, Des Henry refering performance in every match, the way CB got rid of jordan. Can they do nothing right. Are they completely incompetent and bias and utterly useless.

Teeling Gael

Intermediate final on Sunday and with relegation not having taken place in circa 3 years coupled with 3 teams actually been relegated for next summer, this has been the weakest intermediate in a very long time or will likely to be in a long time.

Mholaisse are like Dublin in that they are brilliant when 5 points up but when things dont go their way , they tend to lose their heads and if they are expecting a comfortable win on Sunday and it is very tight after 1st 20 minutes they are liable to fall apart. I dont think there is any relevance in a Division 4 match 10 weeks ago and I hope for the clubs sake that JJ's and Sligonian overconfidence isnt prevalent throughout the camp. Mc Hugh , R Gallagher , Kivlehan , Shane O brien and K Finan are in my view as strong as the marquee plyers on the St Mholaisses team and Coleman was a better standout minor than Gilsenan this year but Mholaisse have undoubtedly stronger fringe players. Like Sligonian , I worry about Aaron mc Hugh on Kieran Finan particuliarily if Johnie Kelly is out as backup.Finan is very fast but not very physical hence why I would have had no problems in a County Minor marking him if he were available. On the other side Martin Feeney was outstanding vrs Harps by all accounts, though think he suits Mc Hugh ideally or even the unheralded Walsh brothers indeed could do a job .Without him scoring alot , its  hard to see where Mholaisse will kick a winning total particuliarily the way they are set up. Actually expect Shane O brien and Mark Quinn to have more of an influence than the County players or Feeney/Finan.

If Mholaisses are over confident and thats very possible , then Coolaney will win. However if they are properly prepared and expecting a close game , then their overall better footballers and actually their desire to get up senior will make the difference and they should win a close match.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Teeling Gael on September 25, 2008, 01:18:53 PM
Intermediate final on Sunday and with relegation not having taken place in circa 3 years coupled with 3 teams actually been relegated for next summer, this has been the weakest intermediate in a very long time or will likely to be in a long time.

Mholaisse are like Dublin in that they are brilliant when 5 points up but when things dont go their way , they tend to lose their heads and if they are expecting a comfortable win on Sunday and it is very tight after 1st 20 minutes they are liable to fall apart. I dont think there is any relevance in a Division 4 match 10 weeks ago and I hope for the clubs sake that JJ's and Sligonian overconfidence isnt prevalent throughout the camp. Mc Hugh , R Gallagher , Kivlehan , Shane O brien and K Finan are in my view as strong as the marquee plyers on the St Mholaisses team and Coleman was a better standout minor than Gilsenan this year but Mholaisse have undoubtedly stronger fringe players. Like Sligonian , I worry about Aaron mc Hugh on Kieran Finan particuliarily if Johnie Kelly is out as backup.Finan is very fast but not very physical hence why I would have had no problems in a County Minor marking him if he were available. On the other side Martin Feeney was outstanding vrs Harps by all accounts, though think he suits Mc Hugh ideally or even the unheralded Walsh brothers indeed could do a job .Without him scoring alot , its  hard to see where Mholaisse will kick a winning total particuliarily the way they are set up. Actually expect Shane O brien and Mark Quinn to have more of an influence than the County players or Feeney/Finan.

If Mholaisses are over confident and thats very possible , then Coolaney will win. However if they are properly prepared and expecting a close game , then their overall better footballers and actually their desire to get up senior will make the difference and they should win a close match.

Dont take this wrong way i just see it differently, our main players are Wilson, E McHugh, A McHugh, Feeney, Quinn, 2 Gilsenans, J Kelly and C burns all have intercounty experience at various levels, do coolaney have that amount of talent at there disposal. Our other players Tommy kennedy, colm feeney, caraway and dara currid all excellent footballers. I mean its the best talent ive ever seen in my club. We are so close now to were this team belongs. Coolaney have nothing close to the amount of talent in our squad.

Its hard not to be confident but we still have worries as i mentioned Aaron McHugh on Finan, i honestly see us in trouble there.
As you also mentioned our mental frailty from our collapse last yr against Farnans was crazy. And it happens every now and again that we play poorly but we won the league and played well throughout, we lost to michaels in group but we had 5 or 6 out that day. Only J Kelly is a doubt for sunday. Even if fit he is only 17 so we'd most likely use him up front. He is versatile.
The Harps performance was outstanding and we didnt panic when we went down to 14 for last 15mins. I think our lads have realised that its ok not to be on top for 70mins and just keep doing the basics while the other team is on top and it always turns back in your favour at some stage. Also we are a very young team and we do lack physicality compared to others but the big open spaces of markievicz should negate that weakness.

With the form Feeney is in, we look too strong, feeney hasnt played well all yr and now at the right time he has come good. We dont have a great manager and i could see him very slow too react if my worries on finan come to pass. Personnally think we just need to stop goals at all costs therefore id be hoping mchugh is primed to be cynical on finan. O brien is a good player but there no 10 seem to link the play more in the michaels game. There mchugh is probably the most hardworking player ive seen on GAA pitch, he got a great score in the last game and was richly deserved, he gives them a physical edge in the middle sector but we are more mobile. Kivelhan a player who i have doubts about, will he man mark martin feeney. Im sure coolaney will try to stop him but that will relese Eoin Mchugh. We just have too much for them. We only worrying about finan, there worrying about feeney, mchugh, burns, wilson, gilsenan, quinn etc...

Pyschologically our junior team beating them will for sure affect them in the lead up. That was a final and championship pace game in which our second string beat them. Im sure its in the back of there minds. It also serves us a massive benefit, Losing is incomprehesible to our inters after our juniors beating them. We really want it this yr and everything seems to set for us.

Im not going to make a prediction but its fairly evident im very positive about sunday, as it all on the day and our lads might put in a st marys type performance but if we play to our potential we will beat them no matter how good they play.

I see Ciaran O Donnel is the ref. Did he ref tubber coolera last sat?

Anyway I wish our lads all the very best on Sunday. Looking forward to it big time.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Westie on September 22, 2008, 09:08:14 AM

Westie just read the weekender, some lad called Donnacha Gallagher is said to have scored 2-3 against Geevagh but wasnt worthy of mention in your analysis. Is he any good?

Just an observation from the Harps game report in paper credits Ray Hannon scored 1-2, a player i rate highly was probably the difference from the last day considering he was only a sub. Must be carrying an injury. Sweet left foot, tall and well able for physical, hope he gets a chance with county soon.

Id like to see everyone post their sligo panel for 09 on here and see what it drums up. Id be axeing 12 at least from last yr. And bringing fresh hungry talented players.

magpie seanie

Sligonian - Donnacha Galagher is from Carndonagh I believe and this is his first season qaith Marys. He has scored well all year for them and I hear he's a good player. I'm open to correction on this but I think he played Sigerson possibly for Sligo IT.

Back to the intermediate final. If I were Coolaney/Mullinabreena I would get Kivlehan to man mark Feeney. McHugh to midfield with Gallagher would make them tough there though possibly not as mobile as their opposite numbers. Really agree with this:

QuoteActually expect Shane O brien and Mark Quinn to have more of an influence than the County players or Feeney/Finan

If O'Brien doesn't function I think C-M are finished. Mark Quinn is still a seriously class act.

I also wouldn't place a lot of store on that league final. I know C-M have done a lot of work since then and have come through some tough games, not least the semi final. If Molaise Gaels are not close to top form they will not win.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2008, 11:11:07 PM
Sligonian - Donnacha Galagher is from Carndonagh I believe and this is his first season qaith Marys. He has scored well all year for them and I hear he's a good player. I'm open to correction on this but I think he played Sigerson possibly for Sligo IT.

Back to the intermediate final. If I were Coolaney/Mullinabreena I would get Kivlehan to man mark Feeney. McHugh to midfield with Gallagher would make them tough there though possibly not as mobile as their opposite numbers. Really agree with this:

QuoteActually expect Shane O brien and Mark Quinn to have more of an influence than the County players or Feeney/Finan

If O'Brien doesn't function I think C-M are finished. Mark Quinn is still a seriously class act.

I also wouldn't place a lot of store on that league final. I know C-M have done a lot of work since then and have come through some tough games, not least the semi final. If Molaise Gaels are not close to top form they will not win.

I agree with most of whats been said. Still confident and looking forward to it but im well aware of the task. But with the strength of teams coming down we really have to take this opportunity. Anyway we all seem to know alot about both teams as we agree with the tactics so we'll all have to what and see. Hope whoever wins gives connacht a good go to.

So Donnacha is a Donegal man, pity but thanks for the info seanie.

jjjshabadoojnr

Quote from: jjjshabadoojnr on September 16, 2008, 08:57:12 PM
Would be hopeful our lads come through against Harps (could be hard achieved - if rumours to be believd they were only bet by Harps seniors by 2 points in challenge game 2 weekends ago) that we should win out this year considering our junior team (with probably 4 starters from current Senior team it has to be said) beat C/M in Junior league final. But who knows what can happen in champ football.
overconfidence TG- dont see over confidence in any of that quote

paddypastit

QuoteJust an observation from the Harps game report in paper credits Ray Hannon scored 1-2, a player i rate highly was probably the difference from the last day considering he was only a sub. Must be carrying an injury. Sweet left foot, tall and well able for physical, hope he gets a chance with county soon.
Ray Hannon was on and off the county panel in late 90's in his student days but never stuck with it.  He was last involved briefly in 2000/01.  Quickly dropped off - wouldn't be that pushed about all of the commitment and effort that goes with county football. That ship may well have passed.

QuoteId be axeing 12 at least from last yr. And bringing fresh hungry talented players.
sounds right but are such players there - in either quantum or quality??
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Owenmoresider

Would agree with the analysis of the Intermediate final, Mullinabreena have a good spine but are weak in the forward line besides Finan/O'Brien, SMG are the better all around side and probably a better bench too. IMO they would fare out much better in Senior than Mullinabreena, who would get destroyed, but that still doesn't mean that SMG will win. But if they keep the reins on O'Brien and mark Finan better than we managed to, then they should win.

The senior replay is difficult to call, the impression is that Tubber missed the chance to win the last day, Coolera still haven't played well so far and now is the time for them to deliver. I'd go with them to win if they do perform, but it will be close either way.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: paddypastit on September 27, 2008, 12:53:48 AM
QuoteJust an observation from the Harps game report in paper credits Ray Hannon scored 1-2, a player i rate highly was probably the difference from the last day considering he was only a sub. Must be carrying an injury. Sweet left foot, tall and well able for physical, hope he gets a chance with county soon.
Ray Hannon was on and off the county panel in late 90's in his student days but never stuck with it.  He was last involved briefly in 2000/01.  Quickly dropped off - wouldn't be that pushed about all of the commitment and effort that goes with county football. That ship may well have passed.

QuoteId be axeing 12 at least from last yr. And bringing fresh hungry talented players.
sounds right but are such players there - in either quantum or quality??

That interesting on the Hannon thing, couldnt remember him being involved, thanks for that. What age is he now? Still if was to commit and work hard i think he has the talent. But you have to have both or else your worthless really.

On refreshing the panel, there is IMO the nuclues of a good side there for us. I believe there are few lads who should be given a chance, Raymond, reilly of Calry, Finan of coolaney, Feeney of SMG, Taffe of michaels, even Johnny martyn of marys wasnt involved last yr, McGees of tubber, brian collins of curry of the top of my head who ive seen this yr. No one knows but if these lads have hard working ethic to go along with there talent they could do well for us. I just think some of our players didnt put in the work last yr and that is not exceptable.

Shockingly If i were Sligo manager id be knocking on Parsons door aswell for a long chat.. get him out of that spell mayo have put on him since he went to school there ;).

SLIGONIAN

St Molaise Gaels 1-5 Coolaney/Mul 0-8

This was a shocking poor game played in good conditions and big crowd. We absolutely destroyed coolaney in every sector of the field 1st half but 10 first half wides cost us dearly with Martin feeny kicking 5wides. He was dreadful. Eoin mchugh hit 4 wides..we created plenty of scoring chances won a mountain of midfield possession with cathal burns again outstanding. We get 4 first half scores but none too memorable.  Aaron mchugh was moved off Finan after a few mistakes and gavin gilsenan went back and did ok but did make a nearly fatal mistake in 2 nd half. Our management started with same 15 last day but 5 or 6 postional swithces which again handicapped us, but theyve been poor all yr so wasnt suprised. I dont think playing eoin at left half forward will get the best of him. Coolaney were far more clinical 3 attacks 3 scores. 4-3 ht.

In the first half Ciaran o donnell was the ref, the man could barely walk and his knee was heavily strapped. He making decisions 50 yards away. For me to day was a very SAD day for SLIGO FOOTBALL. Whoever gave this ref todays game made a mockery of all the training both set of players did. He was a total disaster booking our fellas for bare fouls and letting them away with ticks for more serious offences. The ref was as bias as i ever scene but it got a way worse. The 2 teams were out for the 2nd half and 5 mins later the umpires decided to come then we had to wait for the A NEW REF pat mcdermott who we thought great he couldnt be any worse or more bias than o donnell. Sadly we were wrong. If we had lost todays game this man would of been lucky to get out of markievicz without some karmic actions towards him for is insencarity and lack of fairness >:(. But more about that later.

The 2nd half eventually started after the farce. We were on top contiually but more wides ensued and poor shot selection. But then one man for us stood up to be counted in Peter Wilson, what a leader, a high ball kicked into the edge of square and great fisted effort and goal for us. Ref 30 yds away blows for a free out but wilson rages up to him to consult the umpires, he wasnt even in the square after the momentum of the fist. Umpire waves the green flag. Justice. But we thought whats this ref going to do. Wilson got another great point from play after coolaney got 3 score to 1-5 to 6 up. The last 20mins were hectic stuff. The ref gave coolaney free after free after free after free. One time our midfielder got push in the back and he gave free to coolaney. Lots of these instances. Our players were penalised for handpasses and overcarrying several times, and i can tell no way were these decisions correct. It was a disagrace and anger was rising amoung SMG fans. We were in shock at the bias against us. The worst i seen in all my days.

Im so proud of our lads for digging in though. It was inevitable we would lose our shape and crowd the backline, the ref was determined not to let us out of our defence. It was a 16 man against us in both halfs. Coolaney eventually got the scores through the middle but today i was disgusted with ref. He was nothing but a cheater and our lads deserve better. Is it possible to get fair play in the GAA? Is it that corrupt?. Thats all i ask. There were great gaels around me today who are involved in my club who were raging. It was just astonishing. My granny of 80 said to me after the game WHY WAS THE REF SO BIASED? I said to her i dunno. He was cheating out there. It was that obviuos to everyone even coolaney would concede that.

The evidence lies in the tape of this game, pure and simple.

We didnt help our own cause though, martin feeney was atrocious, couldnt score only easy frees,eoin mchugh hit too many wides, alan caraway was poor, darren gilsenan was our worst player and these are players we rely on. Both Darren and Alan need serious advice, darren when he gets the ball puts the head down and goes on a run which is a disaster, he needs to play with his head up and pass more often, he carries the ball into tackles stupidily all the time, when up against good oponent he usually plays poorly. Alan wants to bring the balll home with him, he carries it till he loses it and will only pass when he gets in trouble. All the above players are talented and do work hard but there is no consistency in there performances, one week great, next week terrible. Who knows what we'll get next week but they all can do much better. But all put in alot effort just not there day.

But still despite our self destruction, FAIR PLAY should be guarnteed. I can only pray we get fair play next weekend or else were gonna lose. Its hard enough to win games with 15 but 16 makes it near impossible.

Best for us Cathal Burns, great fielding and distibution into our forwards, Peter wilson got the vital scores and woriked like a trojan, tommy kennedy under pressure held firm 2nd half, mark leonard same last, mark quinn did alot lsupport play and conor in goals did well in whatever he had to do. Well done lads.

Who is responsible for REFERRING in Sligo? Murphy will deflect all blame from himself and sligo CB so I just want to know my FACTS. Is it the SLIGO CCC? Would there be an assessor at todays game? Who appoints the REF?

Owenmoresider

While not disagreeing about the state of refereeing in the county, I don't think you can blame it all on O'Donnell (who was reffing junior football for years, more like his standard) or McDermott, both of whom were poor in general, and if kind to Mullinabreena, it wasn't to the extent you suggest, fact is that despite any reffing bias, ye should have won it by a distance, but like against Mary's ye were kicking it away, and fortunate that Mullinabreena didn't catch ye out. Messing about with handpasses near the end, about 40m out from goal, and one misplaced pass put them in for the leveller. But ye kicked so many wayward passes during the game that it was hardly a surprise. McHugh should have tried that last free IMO, could have landed it wth a bit of luck. Few stood out, You wouldn't have suggested there was three county men playing out there, though Wilson did play well in patches, and Kivlehan's injury may have been a blessing as it meant McHugh moving out to MF. Burns did well for ye alright, but with all the switches it didn't do any favours, E. McHugh was very quiet. In truth twas a game neither side deserved to win. If SMG can possibly sort out the wastefulness and fannying about with possession, they should win the replay. But I can't say that they will manage it.

And Tubber return to county final day after 13 years. A great spell in the second half did the damage it appears, they have done it a few times this year. Coolera surely have to be disappointed with the outcome. Tubber will pose some difficulty for Harps, but hopefully Owen B will return to the East.

jjjshabadoojnr

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 28, 2008, 07:29:23 PM
St Molaise Gaels 1-5 Coolaney/Mul 0-8

This was a shocking poor game played in good conditions and big crowd. We absolutely destroyed coolaney in every sector of the field 1st half but 10 first half wides cost us dearly with Martin feeny kicking 5wides. He was dreadful. Eoin mchugh hit 4 wides..we created plenty of scoring chances won a mountain of midfield possession with cathal burns again outstanding. We get 4 first half scores but none too memorable.  Aaron mchugh was moved off Finan after a few mistakes and gavin gilsenan went back and did ok but did make a nearly fatal mistake in 2 nd half. Our management started with same 15 last day but 5 or 6 postional swithces which again handicapped us, but theyve been poor all yr so wasnt suprised. I dont think playing eoin at left half forward will get the best of him. Coolaney were far more clinical 3 attacks 3 scores. 4-3 ht.

In the first half Ciaran o donnell was the ref, the man could barely walk and his knee was heavily strapped. He making decisions 50 yards away. For me to day was a very SAD day for SLIGO FOOTBALL. Whoever gave this ref todays game made a mockery of all the training both set of players did. He was a total disaster booking our fellas for bare fouls and letting them away with ticks for more serious offences. The ref was as bias as i ever scene but it got a way worse. The 2 teams were out for the 2nd half and 5 mins later the umpires decided to come then we had to wait for the A NEW REF pat mcdermott who we thought great he couldnt be any worse or more bias than o donnell. Sadly we were wrong. If we had lost todays game this man would of been lucky to get out of markievicz without some karmic actions towards him for is insencarity and lack of fairness >:(. But more about that later.

The 2nd half eventually started after the farce. We were on top contiually but more wides ensued and poor shot selection. But then one man for us stood up to be counted in Peter Wilson, what a leader, a high ball kicked into the edge of square and great fisted effort and goal for us. Ref 30 yds away blows for a free out but wilson rages up to him to consult the umpires, he wasnt even in the square after the momentum of the fist. Umpire waves the green flag. Justice. But we thought whats this ref going to do. Wilson got another great point from play after coolaney got 3 score to 1-5 to 6 up. The last 20mins were hectic stuff. The ref gave coolaney free after free after free after free. One time our midfielder got push in the back and he gave free to coolaney. Lots of these instances. Our players were penalised for handpasses and overcarrying several times, and i can tell no way were these decisions correct. It was a disagrace and anger was rising amoung SMG fans. We were in shock at the bias against us. The worst i seen in all my days.

Im so proud of our lads for digging in though. It was inevitable we would lose our shape and crowd the backline, the ref was determined not to let us out of our defence. It was a 16 man against us in both halfs. Coolaney eventually got the scores through the middle but today i was disgusted with ref. He was nothing but a cheater and our lads deserve better. Is it possible to get fair play in the GAA? Is it that corrupt?. Thats all i ask. There were great gaels around me today who are involved in my club who were raging. It was just astonishing. My granny of 80 said to me after the game WHY WAS THE REF SO BIASED? I said to her i dunno. He was cheating out there. It was that obviuos to everyone even coolaney would concede that.

The evidence lies in the tape of this game, pure and simple.

We didnt help our own cause though, martin feeney was atrocious, couldnt score only easy frees,eoin mchugh hit too many wides, alan caraway was poor, darren gilsenan was our worst player and these are players we rely on. Both Darren and Alan need serious advice, darren when he gets the ball puts the head down and goes on a run which is a disaster, he needs to play with his head up and pass more often, he carries the ball into tackles stupidily all the time, when up against good oponent he usually plays poorly. Alan wants to bring the balll home with him, he carries it till he loses it and will only pass when he gets in trouble. All the above players are talented and do work hard but there is no consistency in there performances, one week great, next week terrible. Who knows what we'll get next week but they all can do much better. But all put in alot effort just not there day.

But still despite our self destruction, FAIR PLAY should be guarnteed. I can only pray we get fair play next weekend or else were gonna lose. Its hard enough to win games with 15 but 16 makes it near impossible.

Best for us Cathal Burns, great fielding and distibution into our forwards, Peter wilson got the vital scores and woriked like a trojan, tommy kennedy under pressure held firm 2nd half, mark leonard same last, mark quinn did alot lsupport play and conor in goals did well in whatever he had to do. Well done lads.

Who is responsible for REFERRING in Sligo? Murphy will deflect all blame from himself and sligo CB so I just want to know my FACTS. Is it the SLIGO CCC? Would there be an assessor at todays game? Who appoints the REF?

I agree the referreeing was poor but cannot be used as an excuse, not one of our boys came near to normal standards.we got out of jai today, obrien or mchugh shoud have had a go with that free at end.Minor B very exciting second period, another one to go to replay.