St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Owenmoresider

One more round of the group stage in c'ship, followed by the Quarters, relegation playoffs and, in Senior, that nonsense "Reserve" championship for teams who weren't good enough to get through or shite enough to finish bottom (3rd place in other words). So at least two more games for all teams there, plus the Junior is at the semi stage now. Our warm-up competition was played at the start of the year, done by the league divisions unlike Mayo, IMO it wouldn't do any harm to change that, familiarity and so on, between all competitions we end up playing some teams 3-4 times (and 2 years ago could have played one team five times!). Also maybe mix it during the year, rather than cramming all the league games in such a confined period.

One thing Farrandeelin, how does yer U21 championship fare out with it being played midweek in these months? Or are teams able to get away with it , e.g. not too many of them playing on the senior team? We have played ours in the depths of November and it does nothing for interest in it, especially when a lot of teams will now have a two-month gap without football. A few walkovers given last year, and our minor title-winning lot imploded as well.

Owenmoresider

League Division 4 Final
Coolaney/Mullinabreena  0-8 2-4 St Molaise Gaels  Ballymote

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 20, 2008, 11:50:43 PM
League Division 4 Final
Coolaney/Mullinabreena  0-8 2-4 St Molaise Gaels  Ballymote

:D :D :D ;D ;D ;DJust in the door from celebrating a great win by our juniors over coolaney. Absolutely delighted. The 2 gilsenans were outstanding, as was johnny kelly. These guys are certs for county seniors in 5or 6 yrs times. Blair foley hit a coolaney forward with one of the best connected shoulders ive ever seen. Nearly knocked him into the next century. we have so many good young players coming through and they are as tough as anything. McCaffrey worked hard in midfield and defence was outstanding with my bro having another stormer along with killian sheerin and mark leonard who got 2 vital scores uncharacteristically it must be said.

Well done to all involved. Great win. A few yrs into the future our club will be very close to the owen b for sure with a decent manager in charge ;).

St Molaise Gaels abu.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

We had a massive struggle with your juniors last year in the JFC (divisional final) en route to winning it out. Ye are getting your act together and strong underage teams of the last few years should mean a much better future.

Sligoper

Great win for Bundoran over Coolaney ;D ;D
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Sligoper on July 21, 2008, 11:29:37 AM
Great win for Bundoran over Coolaney ;D ;D

Dont really get that to be honest. The lads go to school in bundoran :o, funny how there not defecting to donegal like parsons defecting to mayo. We should all be delighted that SMG underage are developing so well because sligo will reap the benefits in yrs to come. We have a massive area but its takes alot effort to keep a hold of good players especially when they are not from GAA Families (that is the key to keeping lads interested). Our u16a champions 2 yrs ago have lost 5 or 6 due to non interest and soccer. It breaks my heart to hear that but we are doing our best and we cant force them to play. A bit of credit wouldnt go a miss, only seanie appears to have to grace to grant us that at least that. We seem just to be a laughing stock to rest of yee, or wind ups.

Sligoper

Relax i was messing! I'll be honest fair play to any team that has a good underage structure because we need somethin to look forward too! SMG are doing very well and so they should with their crowd size! Its a massive shame Sligo are out and as i sit here in work these jibes from mayo and Galway men are depressing!!
Go on the Bunnies!

Sligoper

Shit i meant to say a big well done yesterday to Karol O'Neill, Stephen Gilmartin, Shane Stenson and Brendan Doherty who all started for NUIG yesterday in the galway club championship. One of the lads was talkin to one of them yesterday and was meant to have been a great game! Good to see Sligo talent on show in other counties! I'll take any posititives out of Sligo football i can ;D we need them ;D
Go on the Bunnies!

xwave7000

Was at the junior league final in ballymote last night - featuring Ballymote and Easkey. A good standard of football throughout, though I must say the amount of senior players on the teams was a little strange. Easkey looked like they would win by a cricket score after the first fifteen minutes, amassing a huge nine point lead of 3-5 to 0-5. Ballymote suddenly came into the game at this point, however - and by half time the deficit was down to just two points, thanks in part to a goal from Marty Underwood. The half time score was Easkey 3-5, Ballymote 1-9.
Ballymote made a few changes at half time, introducing the young Colin Byrne into the fray, and immediately took the game to their opponents, dominating them for most of the proceedings. Byrne added a second goal and three excellent frees taken from the ground, and Ballymote soon raced into a six point lead. A setback came at this stage, when Easkey scored their fourth goal of the game, and only their second score of the second half to reduce the deficit to three points. Ballymote soon took control again, scoring another two points before the game drew to a close, the final score Ballymote 2-17, Easkey 4-6.

SLIGONIAN

Was at the junior semi tonight with SMG and bunnues. Ft score bunnies 1-14 SMG 3-3. Our lads fought hard and becasue of club politics only had our strongest available team out with last 15mins which we were on top.

Id love to know the rules regarding players in junior championship. Bunnies had county minors out tonight. Did they not play in senior championship with bunnies this yr? Are bunnies seniors that good that they couldnt make it? Clarification please, this is not sour grapes. I am little suspicious about the bunnies team ;). Better team won though just like to know if it was there seniors we were beat by or there juniors.

SLIGONIAN

St Molaise Gaels 1-10 St Johns 0-10 ft. Congrats to our lads. Game played in great conditions with markievicz looking fantastic. We were on top for most of the game and made hard work of it. St johns had harrison sent off in late 1st half which helped us.

We were lucky to hold on as st johns missed a peno last kick of the game hit the post with keeper beat. Division 3 and 4 champions. Hopefully our lads will go the whole way in the intermediate now. We have by far the best team on paper but we need to deliver on the field.

Eoin mchugh was outstanding for us, his best game for the club and really showed his potential today. Fair play to him. Now to me his place on county team is well justified whereas before i would of questioned it. He is a class act and is developing well. He has the talent to cement a place in the county set up. I wish him well.

Sligoper

I dont like this lull in the season. Its very boring...really am opposed to such a big break again in the championship!
On that note, what were people's opinions on the fixture commitee this year? Some odd venues for the championship i feel.
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Sligoper on July 28, 2008, 02:48:05 PM
I dont like this lull in the season. Its very boring...really am opposed to such a big break again in the championship!
On that note, what were people's opinions on the fixture commitee this year? Some odd venues for the championship i feel.

Ya Sligoper the fixtures commitee are a joke. 2 examples last weekend, im not from a rich family, my Dads car is on its last legs 96  astra 115,000miles and we have to travel 50 mins from Cliffoney to Tubbercurry to watch our juniors lose to bunninaden, Someone tell me how far is buninaden from tubbercurry??? Is that fair venue choice? With petrol prices the way they are would kent park, mark park, coolera, be fairer choice.

Secondly yesterdays game was fixed originally for 6pm and changed to 3pm ensuring we would miss all the GAA on tv. Now people wil say who cares but as GAA fan I would loved to have watched fermanagh win ulster, i know it didnt happen but either way I would miss it along with 2 cracking hurling matches.

shapes

Seemingly the league final is now fixed for Tomorrow night Tuesday in Ballymote, will hopefully be a good game Tourlestrane missing some regulars, s henry, g gaughan, b kennedy, s king and a few more but harps are the team to beat I am afraid.

Owenmoresider

Harps won the Division 1 final, 0-13 to 0-9. Poor conditions ruined the game as a spectacle, but neither side looked like title-winning material. And guess who got himself sent off, again::) Oh and Egan got the line at the end too, a few scrapes with Donovan did for him.