Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Stagmeister

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 14, 2008, 07:53:05 PM
Quote from: xwave7000 on June 14, 2008, 07:10:07 PM
Can anyone confirm if the Sligo Mayo game is live on T.V as im afraid im out of the country and wont make it back for McHale Park. I have heard conflicting stories that it may be shown on RTE2.

Well its not on TV3 or RTE schedule of games. I emailed TV3 about it and they said they had choice on it but decided to show laois v wexford instead. Clowns.

Your only hope is RTE showing it on the net like down tyrone tonight. Try ocean fm online as a last resort.

The only problem with that is you can only watch games on www.rte.ie if you are in Ireland, you can't access them from abroad...which is a bit annoying to say the least. You can't even watch the Sunday game on rte.ie until the following wednesday if you are accessing the site from outside Ireland.

magpie seanie

A good enough draw for our seniors against Curry on Saturday night keeps us in the hunt for Division 1. We were missing quite a few starters and played well in the first half with the breeze. Curry upped it in the second half but were very wasteful. Eventually the scores came and in the end we were hanging on a bit but that point could be vital.

Less said about our Div 4 "efforts" the better. Absolutely disgraceful stuff. We were very short, kicked about 20 wides and a crazy decision by the ref (influenced by some eejits yahooing and acting the pr**k on the sideline) reduced us to 14 after about 15 minutes but even still the performance was abject. Disgusted.

Elsewhere - the wheels seem to have come off completely for Johns. Talking about county finals v. Tourlestrane one week and losing to Cloonacool the next.

jjjshabadoojnr

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 16, 2008, 10:05:57 AM
A good enough draw for our seniors against Curry on Saturday night keeps us in the hunt for Division 1. We were missing quite a few starters and played well in the first half with the breeze. Curry upped it in the second half but were very wasteful. Eventually the scores came and in the end we were hanging on a bit but that point could be vital.

Less said about our Div 4 "efforts" the better. Absolutely disgraceful stuff. We were very short, kicked about 20 wides and a crazy decision by the ref (influenced by some eejits yahooing and acting the pr**k on the sideline) reduced us to 14 after about 15 minutes but even still the performance was abject. Disgusted.

Elsewhere - the wheels seem to have come off completely for Johns. Talking about county finals v. Tourlestrane one week and losing to Cloonacool the next.
Have Ballisodare improved much since the soccer season has ended Seanie? Where are there best players positioned?
We got beat by Mullinabreena in a game where if we had a bit more composure from our forwards we could easily have won. They have  a few very nippy forwards, seem to concentrate a lot on goals. I still cant see them going too far in the Inter champ. I think they are over reliant on Shane o brien who was class act for them yesterday around the half forward line. O Donnell of the high shorts made a few riculous calls in this game - no change there.
Looks like it could be a very tight end to the season in the chase for second place. We have lost some momentum, with the emphasis on the inter champ. Marys and Tour seem to be coming strong. Could get interesting, I would nt like to call it.

magpie seanie

QuoteHave Ballisodare improved much since the soccer season has ended Seanie? Where are there best players positioned?

I think they have improved a wee bit alright but it has to be remembered that we were chronic. The Fallon bros are good players (midfield and centre forward - the guy in midfield really cleaned up) and one or two other lads kicked some great scores with the aid of the breeze in the first half. We have shipped 13 goals in 3 games now. Brutal.

QuoteO Donnell of the high shorts

;D

SLIGONIAN

Was our junior championship match this evening, st molaises 1-11 st michaels 1-3..comfortable win in wet conditions.....

On the sligo mayo match, The weather will have a big bearing on the game tomorrow. Its going to be low scoring id say. Im unusually calm tonight before a big CSFC game. Best of luck tomorrow to Sligo. Sligeach abu.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Owenmoresider

Elsewhere in the JFC, Pat's, Farnan's, Drumcliffe, Tubber all won, and Geevagh and Harps drew. The local media would make you think the competition never existed, but at least the restructuring will give it a bit more credibility. Ballymote will be consigned to Junior B in 2009 I see, maybe our neighbours to the north will be Junior A yet. SMG have much chance of winning it out Sligonian? Hard to know with the Junior really, but playing in Div 4 can't do ye any harm.

I just hope it doesn't harm us next year, unless things improve for us quickly. :(

SLIGONIAN

St molaise gaels 0-13 St Michaels 1-7 was at the game in ballintogher this evening, both teams missing a few, we were missing martin feeney, eoin mchugh, mark quinn and cathal burns and shane feeney. It was our best performance of the year and got some good scores. We were driven by outstanding midfield of dara currid and peter wilson. Hope our management have learned there lesson now. A certain persons unavailibilty was a blessing.

I think we are promoted now in the league. So congrats to the lads.

Owenmoresider

Team P W L D P+ P- Pts
St Johns  11 10 1 0 185 99 20
St Molaise Gaels  11 9 1 1 150 93 19
Enniscrone/Kilglass  11 5 4 2 122 107 12
St Patricks  11 4 6 1 127 134 9
St Michaels  10 4 5 1 120 128 9
Cloonacool  10 3 5 2 105 109 8
Owenmore Gaels  11 2 8 1 102 174 5
Curry  11 1 8 2 93 160 4

Updated: 26 June 2008

Indeed you are, was always likely anyway. At the other end though... :-\

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 26, 2008, 06:40:19 PM
Team P W L D P+ P- Pts
St Johns  11 10 1 0 185 99 20
St Molaise Gaels  11 9 1 1 150 93 19
Enniscrone/Kilglass  11 5 4 2 122 107 12
St Patricks  11 4 6 1 127 134 9
St Michaels  10 4 5 1 120 128 9
Cloonacool  10 3 5 2 105 109 8
Owenmore Gaels  11 2 8 1 102 174 5
Curry  11 1 8 2 93 160 4

Updated: 26 June 2008

Indeed you are, was always likely anyway. At the other end though... :-\

OMS i seen ye in grange and ye ran our fellas close but ye should of won and I was impressed by ye, thought ye played all the football that evening so how are yee struggling so bad. Inconsistentcy or players unavailability? Like i mean if ye played like that evening against us ye beat most teams.

magpie seanie

Sligonian/OMS - did teams play 13 a side in the JFC? I know it was passed at county board but surely someone realised that under rule you cannot play less than 15 in championship? Makes a complete joke of it if you have to play 13 a side.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 27, 2008, 05:13:19 PM
Sligonian/OMS - did teams play 13 a side in the JFC? I know it was passed at county board but surely someone realised that under rule you cannot play less than 15 in championship? Makes a complete joke of it if you have to play 13 a side.

Ourselves and michaels played 15 a side in last weeks JFC. Not aware of any rule, only seen 13 a side when opposition have only 13 and we agree to play them with 13. It be shocking if it happened for championship.

Owenmoresider

League Division 1
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Eastern Harps  3-15 1-8 Tourlestrane  Eastern Harps Round 12 
Ballymote  2-18 1-4 Easkey  Ballymote Round 12 
Bunninadden  2-11 1-8 Curry  Bunninadden Round 12 
League Division 2
Calry/St Josephs  1-13 2-13 Shamrock Gaels  Calry/St Josephs Round 12 
League Division 3
St Patricks  1-9 2-9 Cloonacool  St Patricks Round 12 
St Johns  1-14 2-8 Enniscrone/Kilglass  St Johns Round 12 
League Division 4
St Molaise Gaels  0-8 0-4 St Marys  St Molaise Gaels Round 12 

Saturday 28th June 2008
Junior Football Championship
Enniscrone/Kilglass  1-2 2-8 Bunninadden  Curry   
League Division 1
Coolera-Strandhill  0-14 0-11 Tubbercurry  Coolera Round 12 
League Division 2
Geevagh  1-13 1-6 Eastern Harps  Geevagh Round 12 
St Farnans  2-13 1-5 St Marys  St Farnans Round 12 
League Division 4
Tourlestrane  1-10 4-5 Ballisodare  Tourlestrane Round 12 
Calry/St Josephs  0-1 3-14 Coolaney/Mullinabreena  Calry/St Josephs Round 12 

Friday 27th June 2008
Junior Football Championship
Shamrock Gaels  1-14 0-9 St Johns  Markievicz Park   
Geevagh  2-7 1-16 Eastern Harps  Shamrock Gaels replay 
Under 16 A Championship Group 1
St Johns  4-11 0-6 Calry/St Josephs  St Johns Round 1 
Under 16 A Championship Group 2
Coolera-Strandhill  4-13 0-6 Tourlestrane  Coolera Round 1 
Under 16 B Championship Group 1
Ballymote  0-6 5-9 Castleconnor  Ballymote   
Under 16 B Championship Group 2
Enniscrone/Kilglass  6-12 2-7 Geevagh  Enniscrone Round 1 
Under 16 B Championship Group 3
Bunninadden  - - Owenmore Gaels  Bunninadden Conceded by Owenmore Gaels 
Under 16 B Championship Group 4
Coolaney/Mullinabreena  3-8 2-11 Shamrock Gaels  Coolaney/Mullinabreena Round 1 
League Division 3
St Molaise Gaels  0-9 1-9 Curry  St Molaise Gaels Round 12 
St Michaels  2-13 1-9 Cloonacool  St Michaels Not Played

The weekend's results thus far, our game isn't there but we beat Michael's 3-6 to 0-11. Good win but again results elsewhere have left us in a tight spot. Have to win the last two games to survive. In D1 Ballymote had a good win, still in there for a final spot but stilll the outsiders as things stand. Tourlestrane have fallen off altogether, some beating by Harps. Easkey relegated to D2, Harps to D3 and Calry gone from D4.

Westie

Well us boys in the West were abysmal on Sunday. We were level at half time and I don't know how. Nobody seems to want to get promoted with us Calry and Marys losing. We have Marys next weekend. Hard to see us doing anything after Sunday.
The last relegation spot in Div 1 and 2 is fierce competitve.  As a regular in that position, it was obvious in our game that Drumcliffe paid more heed to the game then we did. If the Gaels showed the same fight the previous week we were there for the taking. Farnans having been there before have the advantage at this stage I believe
The Bunnies pulled back Curry into the fight in 1.  Both have to play Harps so that will be interesting

Looking forward to TM, anyone?? doubt there will bemuch love for it.

xwave7000

Was at the ballymote game on sunday - and I have to say that I've never witnessed a poorer display than Easkey's in all my time of watching football. Ballymote were at nowhere near full strength - with several prominent players rested, and could have easily won by more than the cricket score this contest was.
Within ten - twenty seconds of the throw-in, Ballymote were a goal up, shambolic defending resulting in Peter Lyons fisting the ball into the back of the net. Easkey failed to even mount an attack until the twenty minute mark, where they registered one of only five scores they got all match. Before that, poor finishing was the only thing that kept this tie respectable within that time - with the team determined to score goals instead of taking their points. Fergal Sexton, playing in a full forward role in a strange move, was then brought down in the box for a penalty - although its possible he had crossed the line before he was brought down. Derek Tighe converted the penalty afterwards - and Ballymote never looked back from there on.
The second half was quite a tedious affair, with torrential rain coming down constantly, but Ballymote continued in similar fashion, winning by a comfortable scoreline of 2-18 to 1-4. I don't think that Easkey even registered a single point in the second half.
Less than six weeks to a must-win game against Gaels in the Championship, and this performance, although a stroll in the park - can do wonders for the confidence of the team - which had seemed to be lacking against Harps two weeks ago.

On another note, it seems Tourlestrane have given up the ghost entirely - with several of their key players now in Boston for six weeks to two months... a battering by Harps will certainly not help things. I believe however, that seven of the first team were missing, and a certain former All-Star turned up twenty minutes after the game had got underway. Its a pity, after showing such promising signs early on in this campaign.

Sligoper

Why did Barnes Murphy turn up 20 mins late to the game? Silly silly Barnes
Go on the Bunnies!