GAA Discussion > Local GAA Discussion

Sligo Club Football & Hurling

<< < (3/337) > >>

Owenmoresider:

--- Quote ---I hear we got 4 extra players for our Div 2A squad because of an incompetent motion from OMS' favourite club. Nice one!
--- End quote ---

:D

And you know things aren't quite right when ye are backing up yer own nearest and dearest!!!

Makes sense though. Division 3 (5 in reality) will be a shambles in any case, should be on Friday or the weekend itself (tight for ye though). Looks like another year of Wednesdays and withdrawals before it is sorted out.

magpie seanie:
I think you'll find it was our "nearest and dearest" that seconded our motion or else I've been fed some porky pies! It was tight for us last year but we still fielded in four Division 3 games (and received a walkover in our first game) but the fact that we lost 3 of them meant we were effectively out of it. The playing field has been levelled a bit. If Division 3 was played at the weekend it would have to be on weekends where there was no Div 2. That's what's done in well organised counties.

And I agree - its about time the leagues were called Div 1 to 5.

Owenmoresider:
Maybe it was, think the initial dissenying view was from them though, and ye put it up thereafter. Either way it's sorted out. 18 was excessive for other clubs (such as the neighbours) but it does ye no harm for our league.

Mullinabreena away for us in Round One, starting March 24th. Warm-ups begin in two weeks time, us, ye, Mullinabreena and Harps in one group in the Benson Cup.

magpie seanie:
We will be well and truly sick of the sight of each other after this year with a guaranteed 3 more games against each other. 2A is going to be a hard league to stay in. Never played in the Benson cup before!

Owenmoresider:

--- Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2007, 12:54:31 PM ---We will be well and truly sick of the sight of each other after this year with a guaranteed 3 more games against each other. 2A is going to be a hard league to stay in. Never played in the Benson cup before!

--- End quote ---
Oh, but you did. Remember Duck Park 2003? That was Benson Cup, we got a trimming (7-19 we shipped IIRC) off Mary's that time as well.

It's a good thing ye ain't in the Championship, we'd probably draw ye in that too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version