The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

US congress rep Mary scanlon carjacked and robbed in south Philly , a big defund the police and bail reform head .
I'm sure she's delighted to see her policy in action.
Hope she got a good close up look at it in action.

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on December 23, 2021, 12:59:05 AM
US congress rep Mary scanlon carjacked and robbed in south Philly , a big defund the police and bail reform head .

https://abc7.com/11-year-old-boy-arrested-for-carjacking-grand-theft-auto-chicago-crime/11282410/

It's bordering on insane at this stage

Baile an tuaigh

Hi boys I could write a book.in what I seen in Chicago. Including an Irish American lady murdered a hundred yards from me because she was white.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2021, 01:27:16 AM

https://abc7.com/11-year-old-boy-arrested-for-carjacking-grand-theft-auto-chicago-crime/11282410/

Doing a job for a Chicago cop at the minute he had just told me it took three squad cars to catch a car jacket. He burst the front tires going over a curb and that was how they caught up with him. The kid was born in 2008 so he was 13 madness.

whitey

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 23, 2021, 01:41:17 AM

Doing a job for a Chicago cop at the minute he had just told me it took three squad cars to catch a car jacket. He burst the front tires going over a curb and that was how they caught up with him. The kid was born in 2008 so he was 13 madness.

But if you dare criticize the parents of these kids you're a racist

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/04/mcgarbage-ceo-blasted-blaming-kids-parents-chicago-shootings/6279767001/

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2021, 01:54:34 AM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 23, 2021, 01:41:17 AM

But if you dare criticize the parents of these kids you're a racist

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/04/mcgarbage-ceo-blasted-blaming-kids-parents-chicago-shootings/6279767001/

You see it's an unwinnable situation. If your looking to be popular then don't tell the truth.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 22, 2021, 11:52:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 22, 2021, 08:58:01 PM
That would be all very well if the "woke agenda" etc was the Dem party platform.

It's not.

If someone is for the GOP/Trump anti-democratic movement, they should just man up and admit it and spare us the bullshit excuses. The GOP are proudly and defiantly legislating and preaching this stuff.

And the poor craytur who is so offended by Joy Reid, where are they on, say, Tucker Carlson? He is way more influential than her and just did a special on Jan 6 that was so repugnant that a couple of arch conservative pundits left their gigs as Fox News pundits. And that's just one single example.

If someone isn't on board with the agenda they're going to get primaried by the squad

If you can be accused of being a racist for calling someone a Karen, that's borderline insane and as offensive as anything Tucker has to say

Oh yes, "the Squad".

Any decade now their purging of the Democratic Party will get into gear.

Meanwhile, Liz f**king Cheney has been expelled, and any congressional Republican who doesn't buy into the Trump bullshit has or is retiring.

Please.

Face it whitey. On the one hand you have a bunch of younger people in a section of the Democratic Party grappling with, sometimes very stupidly, the legacy of societal racism, sexism, homophobia etc.

On the other, you have an entire party who want to preserve the respectability of such prejudice and are totally invested in a wannabe strongman who wants to use their views to facilitate his own personal "glory", stealing elections along the way if necessary.

And who the hell was accused of racism for calling someone a "Karen"?

J70

1. Did Philly "defund" the police?
2. What exact problem do you have with her actual proposals, to divert some police funding to mental health professionals to deal with certain situations? Do you think the police going in, guns drawn and blazing, is the solution to all situations with distressed or disturbed individuals?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2021, 09:53:29 AM

2. What exact problem do you have with her actual proposals, to divert some police funding to mental health professionals to deal with certain situations? Do you think the police going in, guns drawn and blazing, is the solution to all situations with distressed or disturbed individuals?

J70.....it's a complete disgrace what's going on

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-district-attorney-da-larry-krasner-staff-turnover-20211222.html

"He wasn't really trying to prosecute. He was trying to indoctrinate," said Newton, who was initially intrigued by Krasner's pitch for more equitable justice in communities like North Philadelphia, where Newton grew up. By the time he quit in 2020, he said, he came to believe Krasner was more interested in protecting defendants than crime victims and everyday citizens. "He would hire people that didn't think anybody belonged in jail at all. Why are you a prosecutor? He hired people who would cry after convicting someone."

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2021, 02:19:24 PM

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-district-attorney-da-larry-krasner-staff-turnover-20211222.html

"He wasn't really trying to prosecute. He was trying to indoctrinate," said Newton, who was initially intrigued by Krasner's pitch for more equitable justice in communities like North Philadelphia, where Newton grew up. By the time he quit in 2020, he said, he came to believe Krasner was more interested in protecting defendants than crime victims and everyday citizens. "He would hire people that didn't think anybody belonged in jail at all. Why are you a prosecutor? He hired people who would cry after convicting someone."

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that all of that, including Newton's opinion, are true, what does it have to do with my questions?

DID Philly defund the police?

Is there NO argument for reassigning some situations to other professionals?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2021, 02:41:28 PM

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that all of that, including Newton's opinion, are true, what does it have to do with my questions?

"Defunding" the police combined with these rogue prosecutors is a deadly cocktail

The problem for the Democrats is that the crime is now creeping out into the suburbs and wealthy areas of the cities where swing voters reside

Smerconish is talking about Krasner as we speak. Definitely tune in if you can. He's fantastic

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2021, 02:46:38 PM

"Defunding" the police combined with these rogue prosecutors is a deadly cocktail

The problem for the Democrats is that the crime is now creeping out into the suburbs and wealthy areas of the cities where swing voters reside

So Philly DID defund the police?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2021, 02:48:03 PM

No idea and it's irrelevant

If you were the victim of crime or had a family member who was,  would vote for-a party who favors defunding the police and electing soft on crime prosecutors like Kasner/Fox/Rollins

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2021, 02:52:54 PM

If you were the victim of crime or had a family member who was,  would vote for-a party who favors defunding the police and electing soft on crime prosecutors like Kasner/Fox/Rollins

Its relevant to what I was asking Gmac in response to his gloating over the congresswoman's car jacking.

The Dems don't favour defunding the police. Individual members and candidates may, but that's for the voters to decide in those local elections. Joe Biden didn't favour it. NYC, a 75% Dem city, elected an ex-cop who doesn't favour it as mayor over several candidates who did. Whoever wins the governor's election here next will not be in favour as such a candidate will not get through the Democratic primaries.

If this Philly DA is as bad as you're making out, he'll be primaried and out on his ear next time (and not because of "The Squad").

Which again, doesn't mean that there isn't a legitimate role for non-police first responders and funding of same.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2021, 03:03:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2021, 02:52:54 PM

Its relevant to what I was asking Gmac in response to his gloating over the congresswoman's car jacking.

The Dems don't favour defunding the police. Individual members and candidates may, but that's for the voters to decide in those local elections. Joe Biden didn't favour it. NYC, a 75% Dem city, elected an ex-cop who doesn't favour it as mayor over several candidates who did. Whoever wins the governor's election here next will not be in favour as such a candidate will not get through the Democratic primaries.

If this Philly DA is as bad as you're making out, he'll be primaried and out on his ear next time (and not because of "The Squad").

Which again, doesn't mean that there isn't a legitimate role for non-police first responders and funding of same.

Well he did get primaried and steamrolled his opponent by 30/40 points

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/philly-da-larry-krasner-wins-democratic-primary-over-challenger-carlos-vega/2819155/%3famp

The types of people who vote in Democratic primaries are all in favor of these policies

And again...it doesn't matter whether it's true or not

If your Republican opponent can stick you with it that's all that counts. And the Democrats play the same game all the time