The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Should City be denied a league title by a team containing Tyrone Mings they should dissolve the club and level the stadium as it's the only way to erase the shame.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on May 20, 2022, 10:44:02 PM
Should City be denied a league title by a team containing Tyrone Mings they should dissolve the club and level the stadium as it's the only way to erase the shame.

If you can't beat a team that struggled against one of the worst teams in the league at home against the best team I. The league these last 5 years you are not worthy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2022, 10:38:15 PM
Will Liverpool put out their best team?
Maybe not their best, but I'd say he will go with the strongest available.
I don't expect to see Salah, Fabinho or VVD starting. Trent should come back in. Henderson at 6. Mane ,Diaz , Jota/bobby up front
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RedHand88

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 21, 2022, 10:06:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2022, 10:38:15 PM
Will Liverpool put out their best team?
Maybe not their best, but I'd say he will go with the strongest available.
I don't expect to see Salah, Fabinho or VVD starting. Trent should come back in. Henderson at 6. Mane ,Diaz , Jota/bobby up front

Salah has Son right on his heels for the golden boot. Considering Son is facing the worst team in the league you'd think Salah will be desperate to get on!

Hound

I'd say the Mbappe news means Real Madrid are more likely to make an offer for Salah.

Jeepers Creepers

Liverpool have shown they can cope without Salah. Should they cash in? Genuine question.

Jell 0 Biafra

Given his age, absolutely.

Great player, but he's not going to be able to maintain that level much longer.

gawa316

I don't know...gone are the days of a players peak being 28. The fella has never touched a drop of drink either. I'd say he has a good 3-4 years in him yet

Hound

As I understand it, Mane's contract ends in summer 2023 too, but I haven't heard anything about Mane's contract negotiations (has anyone else?), whereas Sarah's has been in the news for the last 6 months. Maybe Mane is just holding fire to see what happens with Mo, or maybe Mo's agent is just a dick who prefers to negotiate by media stories.

We don't have endless money, so can't afford to let either go for free next summer. So it's either sign them up or ship them off. I'd prefer to keep both, and it would be a total sickner to lose both. I'd be very surprised if they both don't maintain their standards for the next 3-4 years, but by then their value would have diminished, so I'm sure that's part of the club's thought process too.

Need replacements if one or both do leave. Carvalho deal is done. The couple of times I've seen him, he looked more like a Jones / Elliott type player, but I've seen some reports saying Liverpool see him more as a front 3 man.

Jarrod Bowen had been identified last year by our scouting dept as someone who'd fit very well into the Liverpool system, although he's played really well this season so who knows what his price would be, and there'll be strong competition for him too if the Hammers show signs of being willing to cash in. Bowen is a lefty, and we'd definitely need one of those if Mo left.

Wildweasel74

It's called pressure, Villa to try to hold city to a draw, and Liverpool needed hang 1,

J70

All a bit rushed and scrappy from Liverpool in the last 10. City news seems to have unsettled them a bit.

You'd expect both Klopp and Pep to get things settled for the second half.

Hopefully Thiago comes back out.

Tony Baloney

Defensive line is very ragged looking. Could be doing with Virgil to settle things as Wolves definitely have another goal in them. City could easily go out and score 3 in this half. I'd rather have that than they get beat and Liverpool draw!

Wildweasel74