The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

If you are paid an obscene amount of money each week you should be able to keep your cool if some idiot goads you.

Will it ever end

What a completely idiotic statement Clarshack, seriously!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on May 20, 2022, 01:13:25 PM
If you are paid an obscene amount of money each week you should be able to keep your cool if some idiot goads you.

So the money should override a person's reaction to a twat who shouldn't be on the pitch and goads him face to face, but you can't react because he's paid obscene amount of money? Ok seems legit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Why does salary matter?

If you're walking through your workplace (or anywhere) and some sc**bag comes screaming obscenities and poking his finger in your face, your just supposed to take it if you're a well-paid celebrity? Including at the end of an event when your own emotions and frustrations are at peak levels?

Its not part of Vieira's job description to have to walk across a football pitch with thousands of gloating fans screaming abuse at him and physically interfering with him.

Especially given the other shit that's gone down this week at multiple other games.

imtommygunn

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 20, 2022, 12:44:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2022, 12:02:21 PM
The manager wasn't attacked. He was goaded...

It was very unsavoury whatever way you dress it up. He was wrong to react like he did but show me any man who wouldn't react....

not defending it - just pointing it out to someone who is stirring  ;D

Money's irrelevant. Tbh the last few nights jus show pitch invasions are not a good thing. You will get idiots in all fan bases.

quit yo jibbajabba

Surely we should have awards for posts like this

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 20, 2022, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 20, 2022, 12:21:24 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 19, 2022, 10:57:34 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2022, 09:59:04 PM
Massive win. Fair play, although a pitch invasion probably a bit much  ;D
oh hello it's the celebration police 🙄
it's passion, emotion, relief rolled into one. Anyone that has any connection to a team in any sport can see that.

Reminded me of All-Ireland Finals at the final whistle before the PC Brigade stopped it all. Was great to see this evening.

I don't think it was the PC brigade, have players almost to a man not said since they were abolished they prefer it far more. They can get to celebrate with their team mates without having to dodge some pissed up yahoo in a straw hat

Croke Park only has been abolished and that was for insurance reasons. Pitch celebrations continues elsewhere for club and county matches and kids are allowed onto the field for a puck or kick around at half and full time in games which is great to see.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: laoislad on May 20, 2022, 11:55:30 AM
Racist abuse towards Brentford players the other night and attacking managers last night.
Not great from Everton fans..
manfromdelmonte staying quiet about it....
honestly been at work all day.
what happened in the Brentford game? I don't remember anything being reporter? fill me in.
as for fans on the pitch, it shouldn't happen. and the fan was an idiot. but when local fans are connected to their club it shows the passion involved.
no daytrippers from Norway there anyway

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 20, 2022, 01:55:59 PM
Racist abuse towards Brentford players the other night and attacking managers last night.
what happened in the Brentford game? I don't remember anything being reporter? fill me in.
as for fans on the pitch, it shouldn't happen. and the fan was an idiot. but when local fans are connected to their club it shows the passion involved.

brokencrossbar1

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11748/12616153/ivan-toney-says-the-racist-abuse-towards-members-of-his-and-team-mate-rico-henrys-families-is-disgusting

Moral high ground?

SHEEDY

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 20, 2022, 03:02:20 PM

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11748/12616153/ivan-toney-says-the-racist-abuse-towards-members-of-his-and-team-mate-rico-henrys-families-is-disgusting

Moral high ground?
a small number of the fans of another team are more scummier this week than the supporters of the team you support. That could swap round next week but this week it's going to be used for point scoring, am I right?

Every team has fans that let the club down, Everton as much as anyone else. The supporters or the team you support squeaky clean or are yous maybe concerned about the uprise in racism in general or maybe just using racism as point scoring? Your support bad sorta thing?
nil satis nisi optimum

J70

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 20, 2022, 03:26:19 PM

Moral high ground?
a small number of the fans of another team are more scummier this week than the supporters of the team you support. That could swap round next week but this week it's going to be used for point scoring, am I right?

Every team has fans that let the club down, Everton as much as anyone else. The supporters or the team you support squeaky clean or are yous maybe concerned about the uprise in racism in general or maybe just using racism as point scoring? Your support bad sorta thing?

I think the point is though that yourself and manfromdelmonte never miss an opportunity to sanctimoniously stick the boot into Liverpool and its supporters.

No one is claiming Liverpool is squeaky clean. It would be laughable to do so.

But its also laughable for fans of most other clubs to pretend they've got some moral high ground.

Milltown Row2

I haven't been to a PL game where i haven't heard racist remarks or gestures, that sort of thing as no place in any walk of life....

This is bred into people or they see it and not discouraged from it by family or friends..

Who's bad today someone else bad tomorrow..

Unless they are highlighted and banned for life then you won't put a stop to it,
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Moral high ground?

It wasn't racial abuse.

It was just the scouse accent saying black in french, similar to the misunderstanding with the "culture" in Uruguay.

The whole Everton will take a photo op with supportive tee shirts for the racist on Sunday.  ;)

A boot up the hole was the least the scrote who jibed at Viera deserved and like the scrote who annoyed Mike Tyson on the plane got a smack in the mouth for his trouble I hope no charges are brought against Viera.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: johnnycool on May 20, 2022, 04:20:51 PM

Moral high ground?

It wasn't racial abuse.

It was just the scouse accent saying black in french, similar to the misunderstanding with the "culture" in Uruguay.

The whole Everton will take a photo op with supportive tee shirts for the racist on Sunday.  ;)

A boot up the hole was the least the scrote who jibed at Viera deserved and like the scrote who annoyed Mike Tyson on the plane got a smack in the mouth for his trouble I hope no charges are brought against Viera.

(Ill stop now but Jesus wept)