Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

So off we go again
Who will win it and who is going down.
Will COVID wreck the fixtures this side of Christmas or should it be played at all.

Interesting times

Boycey

Other than Liverpool fans I'd say most people thought last season ended very tamely. I don't see much appetite for football with no fans to be honest or any sport for that matter.

Recent happening in Ireland/UK re not increasing crowd numbers and cancelling test events makes me think 'normality' whatever that may be is a long way aways

lurganblue

I enjoyed the end to the season, being kept interested in the relegation scrap. But yes I can see that many games were damp squibs.

I expect they will carry on regardless as there is money to be made.  That seems to be the trend in most places now with regards to the virus.

Interested to see how Leeds and Bielsa get on.

The next 3 weeks will be a very busy time in terms of transfers. Wouldn't like to predict anything until the cash has been splashed by most of the teams.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lurganblue on August 05, 2020, 02:52:50 PM
I enjoyed the end to the season, being kept interested in the relegation scrap. But yes I can see that many games were damp squibs.

I expect they will carry on regardless as there is money to be made.  That seems to be the trend in most places now with regards to the virus.

Interested to see how Leeds and Bielsa get on.

The next 3 weeks will be a very busy time in terms of transfers. Wouldn't like to predict anything until the cash has been splashed by most of the teams.

They will be a great bet for over 3.5 goals every week.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hereiam on August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM
So off we go again
Will COVID wreck the fixtures this side of Christmas or should it be played at all.

Interesting times

Liverpool will win it. Don't know who'll go down.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 05, 2020, 02:56:17 PM
So off we go again

Interesting times

Damn right - Next year is our year!  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 05, 2020, 02:56:17 PM
So off we go again

Interesting times

I think they'll win it too but certainly not near as comfortable as this year.

City still the biggest challengers.

Cunny Funt

A packed schedule ahead for teams that wants to go far in every competition.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 13, 2020, 05:03:25 PM
A packed schedule ahead for teams that wants to go far in every competition.

The size of your squad will be the main thing this year, if you're light in terms of numbers then you'll suffer big time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

I think I read somewhere that teams still in Europe are guaranteed a month off after they finish? Potentially leaving Utd/City playing even more of a catch up..... God forbid they'd both win their competitions and have to play in The Super Cup too...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Boycey on August 13, 2020, 05:54:13 PM
I think I read somewhere that teams still in Europe are guaranteed a month off after they finish? Potentially leaving Utd/City playing even more of a catch up..... God forbid they'd both win their competitions and have to play in The Super Cup too...

If they both won their respective European Competitions. Then all logic would see the Super Cup being played in Manchester?

laoislad

What da fook is Chris Waddle smoking??
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Chris Waddle: There are a lot of games jammed into this season and I am looking at the teams with the biggest squads as the ones who will do well. I don't think Liverpool will cope. City will, of course, but I just have a sneaky feeling United will spring a surprise. They already have a lot of quality on their books, and they might sign a couple more.