All the pressure is on Kerry to deliver an All Ireland in 2021

Started by TheGreatest, May 13, 2021, 11:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on July 17, 2021, 09:53:30 PM
Am i  reading that right hound you are saying Mayo have the best defence of the three teams?
In my view, Yes.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on July 26, 2021, 09:15:45 AM
The Kerry hype is now in overdrive, so much so that they are now favourites to win the AI over a 7 in a row chasing Dublin. Justifiably so in my opinion but they still have to prove that they can get over the line and win an AI title.

More to do with the form of Dublin I'd say. Mayo will beat them if they don't improve on what they showed in the NFL and championship games against Wexford, Meath.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 26, 2021, 04:29:55 PM
They looked good once they got going yesterday, easily favorites for it now

On paper Dublin are better, Kerry haven't even beaten anyone in championship, beat by Cork last year remember, Cork were a shambles yesterday, played 20 minutes of football and opened the gate for 50.

Dublin haven't got out of first gear either. The semis will be the test for all four contenders.

Good price now for Dublin, 11/8, they'll beat Mayo, as they do and beat the other finalists

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 26, 2021, 06:53:31 PM
The Kerry hype is now in overdrive, so much so that they are now favourites to win the AI over a 7 in a row chasing Dublin. Justifiably so in my opinion but they still have to prove that they can get over the line and win an AI title.

More to do with the form of Dublin I'd say. Mayo will beat them if they don't improve on what they showed in the NFL and championship games against Wexford, Meath.

Undoubtedly Dublins form is a factor as they are not putting teams to the sword in the manner of previous seasons. The most reliable form guide is still the drawn league encounter between the sides about 2 months back. I think Kerry have more scope for improvement epitomised by Paudie Clifford who is playing like an animal in every match. It's probably the first time in 10 years that the Dubs have not been favourites to win an All Ireland.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on July 26, 2021, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 26, 2021, 06:53:31 PM

Undoubtedly Dublins form is a factor as they are not putting teams to the sword in the manner of previous seasons. The most reliable form guide is still the drawn league encounter between the sides about 2 months back. I think Kerry have more scope for improvement epitomised by Paudie Clifford who is playing like an animal in every match. It's probably the first time in 10 years that the Dubs have not been favourites to win an All Ireland.
That league match in May was 19 scores to 13 how likely are Dublin to score 4 goals again if they are to meet Kerry this summer. If Dublin beat Kildare by 10 plus points in the Leinster final they will be back favourites again.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2021, 07:41:13 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 26, 2021, 04:29:55 PM
They looked good once they got going yesterday, easily favorites for it now

On paper Dublin are better, Kerry haven't even beaten anyone in championship, beat by Cork last year remember, Cork were a shambles yesterday, played 20 minutes of football and opened the gate for 50.

Dublin haven't got out of first gear either. The semis will be the test for all four contenders.

Good price now for Dublin, 11/8, they'll beat Mayo, as they do and beat the other finalists

That is true too, havent seen Dublin in full flight, but maybe they wont reach full flight either, Kildare first, lets see.

TheGreatest

First time in a decade Dublin are not favorites for the All Ireland

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 27, 2021, 01:07:19 PM

Bookies trying to generate interest and skin a few extra Rabbits!

twohands!!!

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2021, 10:59:19 PM

The main reason Kerry are currently favourites is that Kerry only have to win 2 more games to win the All-Ireland versus Dublin having to win 3 games.

MayoBuck

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 27, 2021, 11:06:14 PM

The main reason Kerry are currently favourites is that Kerry only have to win 2 more games to win the All-Ireland versus Dublin having to win 3 games.

If it is a Dublin v Kerry final Dublin will be favourites again.

I think it was 2013 Mayo were briefly favourites for the All Ireland after beating Donegal in the quarter final. Dublin had to play Kerry in the semi final but they went back favourites after winning that.

Taylor

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 27, 2021, 11:06:14 PM

Dublin are 1/20 against Kildare so the extra game would have little to no bearing on the price.

The betting is based on how Kerry dismantled Cork after the first 20mins and how Dublin have been in 2nd gear the whole cship.

If Dublin scrape past Kildare then Kerry will stay favs - if the Dubs tank Kildare then expect them to both be around the same price

TheGreatest

The fact is Kerry are favorites for the all Ireland, all comments above meaningless.

Dublin were 1/2 two years ago for the All Ireland. . . . .

Although it do see Small, Murch and McDaid are back training, so maybe still in with a chance..

StephenC

The Dubs have never got the hang of the yerra stuff at all.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/seán-moran-open-feel-to-football-championship-may-signal-a-transformation-1.4632097?mode=amp

Since their most recent All-Ireland success in 2014 Kerry they have played Dublin four times in championship, winning none – and extending the sequence to six in succession, a blue stretch unparalleled in relations between the counties; Dublin had never previously won more than two championship matches in a row against Kerry
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU