The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

That's that. Deserved win for Arsenal to be fair. Two mistakes from Allison imo.
Not all lost for Liverpool, 3 horse race for the title should be exciting for us neutrals.
NEUTRAL

J70

Well, getting all the mistakes out of their system on the one day!

J70

Quote from: jcpen on February 04, 2024, 06:22:57 PMThat's that. Deserved win for Arsenal to be fair. Two mistakes from Allison imo.
Not all lost for Liverpool, 3 horse race for the title should be exciting for us neutrals.

Even if they'd won this, I still think City would have hauled Liverpool back.

City will win the league with a couple of games to spare.

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on February 04, 2024, 06:25:45 PM
Quote from: jcpen on February 04, 2024, 06:22:57 PMThat's that. Deserved win for Arsenal to be fair. Two mistakes from Allison imo.

Most likely maybe but Liverpool or Arsenal now not out of it yet.
NEUTRAL

Milltown Row2

Leading the table by two, their harder games are at home, where they are magnificent

Decent game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2024, 06:30:03 PM

Leading the table by two, their harder games are at home, where they are magnificent

Decent game

Liverpool they could afford a slip up like today and the title remains their to lose with playing Manchester City at home. That win should go a long way for Arsenal to finish 3rd now.

jcpen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2024, 06:39:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2024, 06:30:03 PM

Decent game

Liverpool they could afford a slip up like today and the title remains their to lose with playing Manchester City at home. That win should go a long way for Arsenal to finish 3rd now.
;D Trying so hard it's hilarious 😂
NEUTRAL

Milltown Row2

I think for the neutrals  ;D

It's better to have 3 going for it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Think some people really need some perspective. The title is not gone ffs. Anyone thinking this needs to do reevaluate their life. A few thoughts....

City are 5 behind, and need to win their 2 games in hand.
That was the hardest fixture left for Liverpool this season out of the way.
Its still in Liverpools hands.
City still have to go to Anfield in March, Tottenham in April, plus they still have to play Arsenal. They undoubtedly have the tougher fixture list.
They will 100% drop points between now and May. As will Liverpool most likely.

The game at Anfield will probably decide the title, where Liverpool have been unstoppable this year. Thank god its a home fixture...

Capt Pat

Are the lads on sky sports all in black for Conor Bradleys dad? Or am I missing something?

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2024, 07:20:33 PMThink some people really need some perspective. The title is not gone ffs. Anyone thinking this needs to do reevaluate their life. A few thoughts....

City still have to go to Anfield in March, Tottenham in April, plus they still have to play Arsenal. They undoubtedly have the tougher fixture list.

The game at Anfield will probably decide the title, where Liverpool have been unstoppable this year. Thank god its a home fixture...

I'm presumably one of the "some people".

I'm just going off what City do year after year. I will be very surprised if they don't win 15 of their remaining 17 games because that is what they repeatedly do. The only season since Pep's initial season that they haven't put together an insane run of form was the year Liverpool put arguably the greatest ever run together when they won 27 of their first 28 games. City didn't keep up that year because it was such an aberrant sequence that it was simply unmatchable. DeBruyne is back, Haaland is back, Bernardo Silva is still there, along with the rest of their experienced, proven squad.

I hope you're right, but even though I think Liverpool will continue to challenge, I honestly think City will pull away a point or two each month. If they leave Anfield with a win, it's done next month, barring a disastrous run of injuries or something for them.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2024, 07:20:33 PMThink some people really need some perspective. The title is not gone ffs. Anyone thinking this needs to do reevaluate their life. A few thoughts....

Refreshing to see an honest post from a Liverpool supporter calling it like it is 👏

J70

Thiago out AGAIN!

Ten minutes against Arsenal was enough to do it.

I'm assuming it was that no-look pass to Robertson when he gave the ball away?

He's said before he's been told he'll have issues with his hips in later years due to that move.

gawa316

That'll be that for him I'd say...wonderful player on his day but we've moved on and in Szob, Mac Allister, Jones, TAA, Bajcetic (if he ever comes back) and a lesser extent Endo (age)...our midfield has what it needs.