RTE crisis

Started by seafoid, June 27, 2023, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Smoker

What is the big deal about Marty getting a motor off Renault?
I don't see what the fuss is about.

clonadmad

And no doubt once BIK was paid on the free Car

There won't be any issue

gallsman

What was suggested yesterday was that he had a car allowance while also getting a lend of a car.

Quote from: clonadmad on July 06, 2023, 06:54:25 PM
And no doubt once BIK was paid on the free Car

There won't be any issue

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

armaghniac

One hopes that he declared the BIK to the Revenue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

pbat

Hopefully Ger Canning is caught with his hand in the cookie jar too and we get a clear out.

Captain Scarlet

There's plenty of cash in hand merchants. Revenue will be chasing up a lot of the talent.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: Ash Smoker on July 06, 2023, 06:53:18 PM
Me neither

shark

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2023, 05:19:53 AM
Quote from: Ash Smoker on July 06, 2023, 06:53:18 PM
Me neither

If there has not been a tax payment then that's what the fuss is about. It's more money taken from the public. I know we'd all prefer it was someone other than Marty. But _if_ there has not been a tax event then it's tax evasion.

Captain Scarlet

Well there is another angle brewing as he was driving around a Renault on his Road Trip TV show.
Did he get another sweetener for that?

The issue is the governance. Staff and contractors are meant to be getting these signed off and they didn't.

Also all the jumping around about commercial funds. They brought in 1.6bn and used 1.6m. That's a great return. Who is going to make up that balance now it's all gone to shite??

And again nothing illegal is going on, but the way they do it and try to hide it from the public is the issue.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 07, 2023, 07:51:48 AM
We can be fairly fickle on that to be fair. GAA managers the length & breadth of the country are in receipt of under the table payments. Not one continental fcuk do people give.

That's GAA money. You can be jailed if you don't fund RTE

Pub Bore

Marty got the "loan" of a car for five years. I suppose that was a bit of an unusual arrangement. Presuming he paid his own insurance, car tax and petrol etc and was the registered keeper of the vehicle, the only issue I could see would be the possible non-disclosure of a Benefit in Kind to the Revenue.  Mind you if there was nothing to see here, why did he return the car?

armaghniac

Quote from: Pub Bore on July 07, 2023, 09:48:21 AM
Marty got the "loan" of a car for five years. I suppose that was a bit of an unusual arrangement. Presuming he paid his own insurance, car tax and petrol etc and was the registered keeper of the vehicle, the only issue I could see would be the possible non-disclosure of a Benefit in Kind to the Revenue.  Mind you if there was nothing to see here, why did he return the car?

There was a suggestion that he was claiming a "car allowance" from RTÉ as well. Obviously, his work would take him to Omagh and Killarney and a fair bit of driving.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Presumably he was paying for the fuel?
Was it any of RTÉ's concern where he got the car from or whether he'd paid for it, got it free or whatever?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cavan19

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2023, 11:50:36 AM
Presumably he was paying for the fuel?
Was it any of RTÉ's concern where he got the car from or whether he'd paid for it, got it free or whatever?

I know my boss doesn't question where i got the car i drive from.