Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on October 27, 2022, 02:16:11 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2022, 02:12:16 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 27, 2022, 02:02:08 PM
was talking to a car mechanic yesterday and he was saying it's really quietened down for him and for other mechanics he also knows.
People can't get MOT bookings or just aren't bothering mot'ing cars at the minute

he said nobody is getting their car serviced atm as they are saving their pennies, said that when it comes to the MOT everyone is just putting their car through in the hope that it passes and therefore no money spent apart from the fee.
Yeah I would well believe it.

armaghniac

The 6 counties gets a whack from London again. The electric subsidy in England fixed a prices, the base price in NI is lower but they seem to be applying the same subsidy, so the rates end up reasonable.
Click Energy have published the below. Sure if you had economy 7 and the units were 1.5P you'd put the heaters on max! I suppose much of this is wind generated in the winter, but it doesn't quite promote economy. It doesn't make sense that the day rate is cheaper than the 24 hour rate and the fixed cost the same. 

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Back in November 2021, my electricty was £50 per month.

After a number of steady rises, SSE Airtricity are putting it up to over £150 per month.

Anyone else seen a similar rise?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Orior on November 05, 2022, 04:30:15 PM

After a number of steady rises, SSE Airtricity are putting it up to over £150 per month.

Approximately and can fluctuate....

£80+/month has risen to £120+/month

Power NI.....keypad....

In fairness the washing machine....tumble dryer.....lights....TV....charging all gadgets......all get a good rattle

OrchardOrange

I read most power stations producing the electric we all use run off gas and 90+% of our gas came from Russia. The price is not gonna come down any time soon it seems

seafoid

The EU has signed a gas deal with Azerbaijan

armaghniac

Quote from: OrchardOrange on November 05, 2022, 09:13:28 PM
I read most power stations producing the electric we all use run off gas and 90+% of our gas came from Russia. The price is not gonna come down any time soon it seems

It depends where you live. In Ireland, the gas comes from Corrib or the North Sea. It is all the same price, of course.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on November 05, 2022, 08:09:30 PM

Power NI.....keypad....

In fairness the washing machine....tumble dryer.....lights....TV....charging all gadgets......all get a good rattle
Charge gadgets at work

seafoid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on November 05, 2022, 10:29:22 PM
I'm sure that pipeline will develop a mysterious leak.

Olly

It's crazy the price of crisps. Even the deals of the McCoys are a lie becauce when you buy them in bulk, ie the multipacks, most of the packets are full of air. Then cat litter is near a fiver. You're better making litter yourself from stone and ferns etc.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 05, 2022, 10:27:20 PM

Power NI.....keypad....

Charge gadgets at work

I like it...but...

4 tablets.....

Nintendo Switch....

2 phones.....

1 ipod.....

Whatever else!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Power NI.....keypad....

96 per month