Kerry v Mayo, League Final 2022, Croke Park 3rd April 4pm

Started by highorlow, March 31, 2022, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Main Street on April 03, 2022, 05:33:13 PM
He's the same ref who did the Monaghan Dublin game.

Yes and rewarded with poor performance for both teams with a final.

Farrandeelin

Terrible result, performance, tactics etc. Lots of players not wanting to put hands up for Galway game.

I could go on a rant but I haven't the energy for one. Galway might beat us in three weeks despite the negativity from them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blanketattack

Quote from: blanketattack on March 31, 2022, 10:19:39 PM
A loss would probably benefit Kerry more than a win.
Trashing Tyrone and 5 other teams last year was no benefit to Kerry when it came to their first real Championship test.
If Kerry can get some fluidity in attack and get some game time for some of the players recently back from injury such as Gavin White, it would be a big positive.

As I feared when Kerry went pretty much full strength for what was available to them and Mayo didn't.
Worst result possible for Kerry - Mayo played completely below championship level of intensity and definitely not championship tactics either which will give Kerry a false sense of security.
Kerry should focus on games against Kildare, Tyrone and 1st  Mayo game as what to learn from the League campaign.

Gael85

Quote from: blanketattack on April 03, 2022, 07:53:38 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on March 31, 2022, 10:19:39 PM
A loss would probably benefit Kerry more than a win.
Trashing Tyrone and 5 other teams last year was no benefit to Kerry when it came to their first real Championship test.
If Kerry can get some fluidity in attack and get some game time for some of the players recently back from injury such as Gavin White, it would be a big positive.

As I feared when Kerry went pretty much full strength for what was available to them and Mayo didn't.
Worst result possible for Kerry - Mayo played completely below championship level of intensity and definitely not championship tactics either which will give Kerry a false sense of security.
Kerry should focus on games against Kildare, Tyrone and 1st  Mayo game as what to learn from the League campaign.

kerry have won't have a competitive game this year. No opposition in munster, Dublin in transition Tyrone losing bodies and Mayo full their togs playing kerry in an AI final.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: lenny on April 03, 2022, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: shantygael on April 03, 2022, 05:28:18 PM
O 'Hora not saying much now

O'Hora is a complete idiot.

I did laugh when Clifford patted him on his head after he destroyed him yet again. Like what's the point in mouthing if it is having zero effect.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Wildweasel74

When he destroy him the first time? U mixing him up with Mullin, them ponytails are confusing.

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 03, 2022, 08:59:17 PM
Quote from: lenny on April 03, 2022, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: shantygael on April 03, 2022, 05:28:18 PM
O 'Hora not saying much now

O'Hora is a complete idiot.

I did laugh when Clifford patted him on his head after he destroyed him yet again. Like what's the point in mouthing if it is having zero effect.
After Clifford's left him for dead for the last goal, O'Hora did give him a friendly congratulatory pat on the arm and they both had a laugh at something or other.

manfromdelmonte

Mayo backs are great going forward, like to physically dominate an opponent but cannot turn quick enough to stay with a player running at them.
I wonder will Galway be able to exploit that?

Tyrdub

Clifford really is something else, call it jealousy but at first I couldn't warm to him but my opinion has totally changed though. Seeing him make time to sign autographs for kids after matches is one thing, but including the young lad from Sligo in his after-match speech yesterday was an act of pure class.

Well done

Armagh18

O'Hora did as well as could be expected on Clifford yesterday given he had zero help. There isn't a defender in the country who can touch him one on one. Is there any who would be a decent match physically for him?

yellowcard

As with all great players the only way to stop him is to limit him from getting his hands on the ball. To that extent Horan is most culpable, he hung O'Hora out to dry yesterday leaving him exposed in acres of space one on one. Clifford must have thought it was his birthday and I doubt if he will be given as much space in any game this season.

Kerry simply have the best players in the country now especially up front so taking them on man v man is a fools errand. However they have probably been the best team for 2 years now but haven't got the job done come championship so Jack O'Connor will have learned little yesterday that he didn't know already. 

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on April 04, 2022, 09:49:39 AM
As with all great players the only way to stop him is to limit him from getting his hands on the ball. To that extent Horan is most culpable, he hung O'Hora out to dry yesterday leaving him exposed in acres of space one on one. Clifford must have thought it was his birthday and I doubt if he will be given as much space in any game this season.

Kerry simply have the best players in the country now especially up front so taking them on man v man is a fools errand. However they have probably been the best team for 2 years now but haven't got the job done come championship so Jack O'Connor will have learned little yesterday that he didn't know already.
Yeah pretty much. Seem to have grown a collective set of balls under O'Connor but they haven't beat a top team in the championship in ages. We'll see how they do against Tyrone this year or even Dublin will be a big test come championship.

Definitely no outstanding candidate this year, Kerry obviously strong favourites but come with a big asterisk.

shawshank

i really do disagree with that statement. It suggests Tyrone were not the best team last season, when in fact they were, the season before it was Dublin. The best team literally 10 times out of 10 wins the championship. Kerry have won the league recently and fell when the real intensity of championship heat is on. Thats the test they have to over come and until then, they are not the best.

blanketattack

Quote from: shawshank on April 04, 2022, 10:08:31 AM

i really do disagree with that statement. It suggests Tyrone were not the best team last season, when in fact they were, the season before it was Dublin. The best team literally 10 times out of 10 wins the championship. Kerry have won the league recently and fell when the real intensity of championship heat is on. Thats the test they have to over come and until then, they are not the best.

True, Dublin and Kerry were the best team going into the Championship last year, based on league form and Dublin's Championship form of 2020, but no doubt Tyrone were the best team of 2021. Tyrone faced 4 big tests in the Championship and passed them all.
Kerry had one big test and failed it, Dublin had one big test and failed it, Mayo had 2 big tests and passed one and failed one.
Kerry have the players to win the All-Ireland but they still need the performance, particularly to win tight games.