10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

lenny

Quote from: Man Marker on September 29, 2022, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 29, 2022, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2022, 01:15:36 PM
Its flawed concept though, even though I agree they should have just left it. There are teams like  who havent won a match all year and could stay up at last minute

County board laid all out at start of year. Any complaints about format should of been made then. All teams knew what was happening. Teams that go down surely aren't good enough for 12 team senior football anyway??

wrong in my view. Coleriane bt Loup. Loup draw Claudy in the playoff, thats a gimme ffs. Bellaghy  bt Dungiven who could be in a semi after the weekend. Banagher and Clady in Swatraghs group giving Swa an easier seeding theoretically. Nothing between Ballinderry, Newbdrige, Dungiven Bellaghy Swatragh, Coleraine and Kilrea, a kick of a ball or bad luck on the day between them.

Kilreawere very good against us, they could hold their in a top league. Likewise Bellaghy and a couple of the others who could go down.

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 29, 2022, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2022, 01:15:36 PM
Its flawed concept though, even though I agree they should have just left it. There are teams like  who havent won a match all year and could stay up at last minute

County board laid all out at start of year. Any complaints about format should of been made then. All teams knew what was happening. Teams that go down surely aren't good enough for 12 team senior football anyway??
This is the crux of the matter, on what grounds would they appeal???
Having said that, like I said before, they won't go down, the CB will reformat again to make sure certain clubs are looked after.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Steelstown haven't won a game since all Ireland in league(maybe drew?)or championship, if they beat Banagher which i think they will, they stay up.

real food, real people

Only team not to win a game all year is Claudy. Not that much should/could be judged on league games when everyone knew they meant nothing.
The system isn't ideal for sure, but everyone knew the score at the start of the year so not sure why the crying match now.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: real food, real people on September 30, 2022, 08:13:20 AM
Only team not to win a game all year is Claudy. Not that much should/could be judged on league games when everyone knew they meant nothing.
The system isn't ideal for sure, but everyone knew the score at the start of the year so not sure why the crying match now.

True. The league a farce. What was the point of it ?

roger99

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 30, 2022, 08:58:33 AM

Don't see why everyone is complaining about the format now , when it has been clear from the start of the season this would happen.

MajorShields26

Quote from: roger99 on September 30, 2022, 12:31:27 PM

Don't see why everyone is complaining about the format now , when it has been clear from the start of the season this would happen.

I know Roger. I think a bit of classic Derry problems and certain traditional senior established clubs thinking should remain based on history. They may be better than some teams that could be staying up but just luck of the draw. Have to win championship games! The whole thing reminds me when European Super League was suggested in soccer last year or year before. The Elite want to stay Elite. That might be a bit far fetched but there is definitely some parallels. Ballinascreenalona. LOL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 30, 2022, 01:52:15 PM

I know Roger. I think a bit of classic Derry problems and certain traditional senior established clubs thinking should remain based on history. They may be better than some teams that could be staying up but just luck of the draw. Have to win championship games! The whole thing reminds me when European Super League was suggested in soccer last year or year before. The Elite want to stay Elite. That might be a bit far fetched but there is definitely some parallels. Ballinascreenalona. LOL

I lost you after the word soccer

Silver hill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 30, 2022, 03:05:28 PM

Perfectly acceptable word. We play football (Gaelic), the ground ball is soccer.
Simples!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Silver hill on September 30, 2022, 03:12:02 PM

Perfectly acceptable word. We play football (Gaelic), the ground ball is soccer.
Simples!

Lol, i know. Its the sport I was referring to not the word. I know the difference bog ball and ground ball ye gimp.

Only one for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZU_In07yVA

Saynotodrugs

Who's putting Ballinascreen and elite in the same sentence? They haven't won a championship since 1973!lol and were in division 2 in 2007! The rules are the rules.....

Silver hill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 30, 2022, 03:39:29 PM

Simples!

Lol, i know. Its the sport I was referring to not the word. I know the difference bog ball and ground ball ye gimp.

Only one for me

Ah dearie me, The (self professed) greatest living Irishman reduced to name calling. A sad day.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Silver hill on September 30, 2022, 11:45:07 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 30, 2022, 03:39:29 PM

Simples!

Only one for me

Ah dearie me, The (self professed) greatest living Irishman reduced to name calling. A sad day.

Simples?

quit yo jibbajabba

A turn of phrase not a name call.

Although....

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 01, 2022, 12:25:18 AM
A turn of phrase not a name call.

Although....

Really. I'm sure people delighted to be called simples. We don't use that turn of phrase where I'm from , i certainly took it as an insult.