Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on September 22, 2022, 10:48:44 AM
A predictions thread for the Tyrone Senior Club championship would be good fun.... anyone prepared to put themselves forward and run it???

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=31004.0

One set up for the craic. I dunno if the points system will make for a good comp or not. We'll See

Eire90

Eire90

county leagues are there so clubs have regular matches thought out a season their is no need for a championship to have group stages.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Eire90 on September 22, 2022, 04:13:08 PM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/09/20/news/kicking_out_weak_club-2834486/

i agree with this all county championships should be straight knock out in my opinion.

The straight knockout championship is a dying breed right around the country in both football and hurling.
Armagh have reverted back to knockout this year but have dabbled in group stages in the past.

To my knowledge Tyrone football is one of the only championships in the entire country that has always persisted with no back door games and no group stages.

on the sideline

Ref very sore on Trillick last 15 mins if first half

clarshack

Quote from: on the sideline on September 22, 2022, 08:07:30 PM

Looked to me that Mattie Donnelly was trying to buy a few frees but Cathal Forbes wasn't having any of it.

on the sideline

Quote from: clarshack on September 22, 2022, 08:12:46 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on September 22, 2022, 08:07:30 PM

Looked to me that Mattie Donnelly was trying to buy a few frees but Cathal Forbes wasn't having any of it.

Yeah he did on one at least, but definitely been another few were it looked like a Trillick free and got nothing. Should be a good second half.

BennyHarp

Impressed by the Clarkes tonight. Bar the first 15 or so minutes they were pretty much in control. Serious pace in the team, are always a goal threat and have two excellent target men. They'll be hard to beat.
That was never a square ball!!

clarshack

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 22, 2022, 09:05:34 PM
Impressed by the Clarkes tonight. Bar the first 15 or so minutes they were pretty much in control. Serious pace in the team, are always a goal threat and have two excellent target men. They'll be hard to beat.

The thing that impressed me was that I don't think they were that particularly great tonight and still won by 6. They've a lot more in the tank imo.

WT4E

Did Canavan say that everyone thought Dungannon where favourites for whole thing before this game???

Is he trying to distract from the home clubs?

Mikhailov

Clarkes were fully deserving winners, better all round team who despite a very poor start ended up winning very comfortably. Trillick frustrate me to be honest, plenty of quality but not sure what is missing. Were in control tonight and looked in control but once the Clarke's hit the first goal they took over snd the game was played on their terms.

On another note, Cathal Forbes had an embarrassingly poor display. Totally inept for that standard of game. He didn't affect the result but a total lack of consistency in his decision making.

Was sore on Trillick for the Clarke's second goal then gave them very handy frees when they were 6 down near the end when it didn't matter. Frustrating if you were involved on either squad tonight

He didn't affect the result as I said as Clarke's deserved it, they will take some beating now. A quality outfit with loads of pace all over the pitch

bigtogs

Dungannon deserved to win no doubt.. Not easy being a referee but holy lord Cathal Forbes had a shocker and honestly he is not capable of improving!!

Moonshine

Quote from: WT4E on September 22, 2022, 09:57:33 PM
Did Canavan say that everyone thought Dungannon where favourites for whole thing before this game???

Is he trying to distract from the home clubs?

Maybe he knows what' he's talking about. Won championship 2 years ago and arguably should of beat dromore last year who went on to win it.

Under Lights

Quote from: bigtogs on September 22, 2022, 10:25:09 PM
Dungannon deserved to win no doubt.. Not easy being a referee but holy lord Cathal Forbes had a shocker and honestly he is not capable of improving!!

Was he booed off at half time?

square_ball

Quote from: superstar_ on September 22, 2022, 12:17:50 PM

Carrickmore V Coalisland - a very even game but injuries to Tiarnan Quinn and Paddy McNeice edge this towards Carrickmore.

Are those pair out injured? I know they were easing Quinn back in in the last few league games. If he's out I don't see where the Fianna get the scores from. He's a brilliant player. Would be worth a go in the county set up imo.