Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Carrickmore are definitely paying Ryan Daly. He left his job with Tyrone to go and manage their Senior team and youth structure.

redhandofgod

Carmen paying archie beattie 1 night a week as well!!

Wee Roddy

Quote from: GlenMan on October 24, 2019, 09:47:58 AM
Carrickmore are definitely paying Ryan Daly. He left his job with Tyrone to go and manage their Senior team and youth structure.

This is absolutely incorrect. He left Tyrone due to the fact that he was on a bad salary. He had a plan to do private coaching sessions, which he is doing in schools throughout Tyrone. I would really doubt if the club is paying him as their last four managers have been internal and it seems to be the the way of those at the top currently that we have enough inside without going out. As far as I am aware he isnt involved directly with any of the underage set ups either. There is enough time involved managing a senior team. We do have a strength and conditioning person who is in one night a week.

GetOverTheBar

It goes without saying the bigger clubs don't really need to pay outside managers - partly because they have the potential to win Championships with the talent already at their disposal in the playing pool. Partly because them being bigger clubs means they have the internal talent / coaching to have that option available.

That option isn't always available to the smaller clubs forcing them to go outside and pay managers. For some clubs it just works better, we all know that the problem with some internal men is that they tend to favour player X/Y/Z.....outside managers beit a positive / negative will tend to pretty much deal with a core of 20 odd players at senior level and some (not all) won't care a jot about reserves.

I wouldn't hang a club because they pay an outside man - different circumstances will demand different answers. In some cases outside men have unified clubs to spectacular results. In other cases, the clubs should really be looking at the outside man they are appointing and wonder what he's been at with his previous 4/5/6 clubs to little / no success.

LeoMc

Did the CB not cut those posts to free up some cash for other "expenses"?

HalfBack7

A couple of Special General Meetings taking place in Tyrone tomorrow night. Both Dregish and Newtownstewart meeting with their club members to vote on the amalgamation of the two clubs.

time ticking away

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 24, 2019, 10:58:19 AM

This is absolutely incorrect. He left Tyrone due to the fact that he was on a bad salary. He had a plan to do private coaching sessions, which he is doing in schools throughout Tyrone. I would really doubt if the club is paying him as their last four managers have been internal and it seems to be the the way of those at the top currently that we have enough inside without going out. As far as I am aware he isnt involved directly with any of the underage set ups either. There is enough time involved managing a senior team. We do have a strength and conditioning person who is in one night a week.
Enda Gormley???
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

marty34

Quote from: HalfBack7 on October 24, 2019, 11:56:59 AM
A couple of Special General Meetings taking place in Tyrone tomorrow night. Both Dregish and Newtownstewart meeting with their club members to vote on the amalgamation of the two clubs.

What's the mood on the ground Halfback7?

Wee Roddy

Quote from: time ticking away on October 24, 2019, 12:01:26 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 24, 2019, 10:58:19 AM

I forgot about him. That turned out well didnt it. It was probably the reason they decided to go back internal!
Enda Gormley???

HalfBack7

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 12:01:59 PM

Pretty much a done deal by the sounds of it, just have to go through the formalities now.
A few from the Newtown camp not entirely happy, but majority in favour of it. Haven't heard anything from the Dregish side, but I'd imagine they'll be all behind it as it's pretty amalgamation or fold completely for them at this stage.

Theshooter

Quote from: HalfBack7 on October 24, 2019, 02:11:27 PM

Pretty much a done deal by the sounds of it, just have to go through the formalities now.
A few from the Newtown camp not entirely happy, but majority in favour of it. Haven't heard anything from the Dregish side, but I'd imagine they'll be all behind it as it's pretty amalgamation or fold completely for them at this stage.

Win/Win for Dregish, dont have to fold. Might be a hit on newtons pride needing players from Dregish, but really, bar numbers at training i cant see them gaining anything else from Dregish.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Theshooter on October 24, 2019, 02:38:59 PM

Win/Win for Dregish, dont have to fold. Might be a hit on newtons pride needing players from Dregish, but really, bar numbers at training i cant see them gaining anything else from Dregish.
Gaining a shocking referee from Dregish, although as I type I realise this is not a gain.

marty34

In a year or two, all will be forgotten as they'll be one club, push on and develop.

Nothing beats mergers like a bit of success.

Theshooter

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:46:23 PM

In a year or two, all will be forgotten as they'll be one club, push on and develop.

Will Newton keep the name, or will the name of the club change

marty34

Quote from: Theshooter on October 24, 2019, 02:48:27 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:46:23 PM

Will Newton keep the name, or will the name of the club change

Good point - maybe use a regional name, a saint's name or a combination of the two say, Newton-Dregish?