Would Stevie G do this?

Started by nrico2006, October 03, 2008, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2008, 11:10:20 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7649109.stm

Errr Nrico would any highly paid Premiership player do it ?Admirable gesture but im sure he wont be signing on the dole when he retires.......Try  getting a highly paid player doing it before they turn 30. I thought all the United players play for nothing anyway as they all "play for the jersey"......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Rossie11

He is born and bred Basque so it would be a type of national service for him.

magpie seanie

QuoteHe is born and bred Basque so it would be a type of national service for him.

Yeah, its a little different alright. Fair play to him.

nutsy--1

a very loyal person to have played for only the 1 team and now playing for free i couldn't see any player in the premiership doing this maybe Ferdinand or Barton1 :D :D :D :D :D

Chrisowc

He has just signed, sealed and delivered his legendary status with Athletic fans then and there.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Watcher Pat

He hardly needs the money....good gesture from him though..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

gawa316

Very nice touch.

Why the need to mention Gerrard though ??? Some type of infatuation possibly?!!

full back

Great touch as well.
TBF there are very few players in the PL who would even consider it, never mind doing it so I dont know why Gerrard is singled out

his holiness nb

Fair play to the guy.

The Gerrard reference is bizarre, I presume Nrico is a Man Utd fan.
Cant think of anyone at Utd that would do this either.
Perhaps Ronaldo? Berbatov?  ;D

Silly boy.
Ask me holy bollix

nrico2006

I simply referenced Steven Gerard as he is a player in similar circumstances i.e. he is from the area/town of the club he plays for and has played with them for his whole career.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2008, 01:42:42 PM
I simply referenced Steven Gerard as he is a player in similar circumstances i.e. he is from the area/town of the club he plays for and has played with them for his whole career.

Perhaps Wes Brown or Gury Neville would also have been excellent examples
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

Neville or Carragher are the closest 2 players in the PL who I reckon would even consider it.
Etxeberria actually played for another Basque club Sociedad before transferring to Bilbao.

There have been a few similar gestures. Redondo missed an entire season for Milan with injury and refused to accept the wages.
2million I think it was..

Goats Do Shave

Don't see the big deal... I would do it at the drop of the hat!

In fact I would pay to do it!!!