Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 26, 2021, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2021, 09:45:13 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on April 26, 2021, 09:39:29 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2021, 12:55:08 AM
What is it with SF robots. Grown men and women tweeting the same tweet in their 1000s to confirm that michelle was good on late late show. It's so cringy and embarrassing it make you take Redner for them.

Aw would you ever give it a f***** rest man, it's so tiresome reading the same crap from you on this thread time after time. You clearly have some serious fixation with SF that is verging on unhealthy. The lack of self awareness to mention robots when all it takes is the mention of SF to trigger you is astounding.

Oh another mental health expert that has time in his busy psychiatric consultancy schedule to post advice free of charge on GAA board. Lol lol lol. GIMP!!

Naw just someone scundered reading the same dung from you over and over again.

Don't read it then. Skip and move on. That's what I do with posters that annoy me . Imagine how hard it is to avoid the repetitive drivel on social media from SF , devoid of any individuality. " I am a Dalek" . I have said before, get them into govt in Free State, lets see what they can do, if Stormont is anything to go by it will be a car crash

tonto1888

What is it with SF robots. Grown men and women tweeting the same tweet in their 1000s to confirm that michelle was good on late late show. It's so cringy and embarrassing it make you take Redner for them.

And another one

Lar Naparka

Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 09:59:31 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 25, 2021, 09:16:46 PM
Clearly a united Ireland would be ideal, but it's not going to happen in the short to medium term. That's not anyones fault in the south (politicians or general public) If people in NI want to force a border poll than they should get support from the people and political parties in the south, not expect them to raise it on their behalf. Until SF actually come out and call for a poll (no other party is going to) this issue will continue to be irrelevant come elections in the south for the politicans and the electorate.

I actually think a United Ireland is as far away now as it has ever been. With Brexit, Bobby Storey funeral, unionist riots both sides of the communities seem more divided than ever and to get a border poll passed you'll need to convince a significant number of Unionists that's a good thing. With the bitterness and hostility between SF and the DUP thats not going to happen.

It'll be up to more moderate parties like the SDLP to try and see things from both sides and come to an agreement that gives enough people on both sides what they want to have any hope of passing a border poll as compromise isn't something the DUP/SF seems willing to do for each other

Interesting view of things, though overly simplistic and lacking insight into the actual realities up North. Most republicans I know do not feel now is the right time for a border poll  ( MON indicated this on Friday) . However everyone on this island needs to grow up and have mature discussions on the future. John Hume uniquely put party political considerations aside fir the good of all , oh for another leader on this island naive enough to put people before politics🤦🏻‍♂️
That, Sam, is what D7& and others are trying to tell you.
The vast majority of southerners don't have any insight into the actual realities u North.
It's not a matter of callous indifference either.
What's coming south of the border is that, somehow, the GFA levelled the pitch for everybody and that everybody up there enjoys parity of esteem. (Most won't even know what that means but they get the general idea!)
I don't think it's true to say that the people down here aren't bothered; it's just that they don't comprehend your day to day difficulties.
The Shinners wanyy a UI poll right now- or so it seems to the unwashed masses south of the border.
MON, IMO anyway, gave a good account of herself on the LLS and I think she was fairly well received but her appearance was a one off wonder. To the best of my knowledge, no one is talking about a UI, now or in the future and that's just the way it is.
What's more, that is not going to change anytime soon. It is not that the public down south don't want you- it's more a case of not knowing what exactly you are looking for.
It is utterly simplistic, and unrealistic, to say that any of the established parties down south should go about campaigning for a UI right. Why should they invite trouble when they know full well that there isn't a hope of getting a  referendum, never mind a UI.
SF is the majority republicam party in the north. This is the party  seeking a referendum.
Okay, MON has clarified their goals somewhat but by the time the next LLS rolls around, she'll have disappeared off the radar.
It SF are serious about opening up a discussion, it is up to them to produce their proposals  for discussion by the general public.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Keyser soze

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2021, 10:04:53 AM

Aw would you ever give it a f***** rest man, it's so tiresome reading the same crap from you on this thread time after time. You clearly have some serious fixation with SF that is verging on unhealthy. The lack of self awareness to mention robots when all it takes is the mention of SF to trigger you is astounding.

Oh another mental health expert that has time in his busy psychiatric consultancy schedule to post advice free of charge on GAA board. Lol lol lol. GIMP!!

Don't read it then. Skip and move on. That's what I do with posters that annoy me . Imagine how hard it is to avoid the repetitive drivel on social media from SF , devoid of any individuality. " I am a Dalek" . I have said before, get them into govt in Free State, lets see what they can do, if Stormont is anything to go by it will be a car crash

You are complaining about repetitive drivel on social media from other people in response to a comment about your repetitive drivel on this thread.

I am pointing out to you that it is clear you are obsessed and that you are completely unaware of this, I am trying to do you a favour chief.

Rather than assuming that I am a SF bot why don't you take a deep breath, go back and read your last 100 posts on this thread from the perspective that someone else wrote them and then tell me what is the point of saying 'SF are shit' ten times a day on this thread using a different form of words. It is not rational behaviour.

trailer

If SF are serious about Government they should stand their online army down. Absolute arseholes all over social media. Instigating pile-ons and like you say robotically tweeting praise for anyone on TV. Chris Donnelly is one of their chief mouth-pieces in the North.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 26, 2021, 10:49:38 AM

You are complaining about repetitive drivel on social media from other people in response to a comment about your repetitive drivel on this thread.

I am pointing out to you that it is clear you are obsessed and that you are completely unaware of this, I am trying to do you a favour chief.

Rather than assuming that I am a SF bot why don't you take a deep breath, go back and read your last 100 posts on this thread from the perspective that someone else wrote them and then tell me what is the point of saying 'SF are shit' ten times a day on this thread using a different form of words. It is not rational behaviour.

Trying to do me a favour? Don't talk shite sur, you are saying im mad you p%*ck. If thats doing me a favour id love to see what you say when you are trying the opposite.
Its ok for others to have a 100 posts on the other side of the debate is it though? Grow a brain-cell when you get a chance.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2021, 11:18:31 AM

Trying to do me a favour? Don't talk shite sur, you are saying im mad you p%*ck. If thats doing me a favour id love to see what you say when you are trying the opposite.
Its ok for others to have a 100 posts on the other side of the debate is it though? Grow a brain-cell when you get a chance.

There's not much of a debate with you. There is no balance.

It's just a constant one sided smear campaign on one political party. You are obsessed.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on April 26, 2021, 11:41:55 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2021, 11:18:31 AM

There's not much of a debate with you. There is no balance.

It's just a constant one sided smear campaign on one political party. You are obsessed.

Lolololololololololol.

OMFG

Feck SF and beat it up yous!

trueblue1234

Lol, these posts complimenting MON seemed to triggered poor auld Fear a site.  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

dublin7

Quote from: Main Street on April 25, 2021, 11:58:57 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 08:50:24 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 25, 2021, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 06:30:48 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 25, 2021, 04:28:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 25, 2021, 03:04:20 PM
"pbat" was going well with a very sensible post but let's himself down with the "FFG" botism :-\

Why do some of the northern posters keep claiming FF/FG don't want/are afraid/against a border poll? It has no basis in reality and makes no sense.

Outside of SF none of the political parties in the south ever bring up or have released their policies on a united Ireland as the electorate in the south don't see this as even remotely relevant and it won't be happening anytime soon.

Until SF publish their policy (as the only political party who are calling for for a poll) to force FG/FF to take a position no one knows what the rest of the political parties in the south will do

Are you serious?
I have no party political alignment, but I've seen you
roundly criticise SF at every juncture, yet you're waiting for them to lead the two parties who have shared power between them since the foundation of the state .
I think it's sad (and a major barrier to progress) when those from the 26 counties who are proud of their republic, have no interest or empathy for fellow republicans up North whose ancestors helped the formation of that republic, but were left to paddle their own canoe in a sectarian anti-Irish state.
Maybe  it's a case of Mé Féiners against Sinn Féiners?

I'm simply pointing out in the south a united Ireland is not a political issue or something the vast majority care about. That's not because of some crazy FF/FG conspiracy or agenda, but because for most of the people a united Ireland is something they'd like in theory. Issues like the economy, health service, housing etc are way way more important to them than some idealogical point. You consider it sad, but that's the way it is.

What exactly are people like me in the south doing to put a barrier to a united Ireland? Surely it's up to the people in NI to decide that for themselves or force the issue?

Thanks for the clarity D7 and Tbf , owning the "Mé Féin" attitude, I find it sad but respect it . I'll explain why that's a barrier to progress. Republicans in the South have lived in their republic since 1921, their republican allies north of the border have endured a sectarian based state in that time. More recently we have been "ruled" by one of the most regressive far-right parties in Europe. The contribution of many in the south ( usually for party political reasons ) is to target SF and espouse an attitude of "you're all the same up there, sort it out amongst yourselves", therefore effectively helping to cement DUP dominance . This attitude is represented by the lack of rapport , disdain , and hypocritical judgement displayed by Ryan Tubridy towards , a very impressive and fair MON on Friday night past. Rather than "pinching your nose" and looking down on Northern republicans, try to appreciate where we come from...walk a mile in the shoes of your fellow countrymen. Even a partitionist can envisage how much more effective we could be as an island in the absence of conflict and a culture of respect and rapport for all. Many of us in the North have great friends who are unionist and respect them. We're not a cantankerous rabble, we're a resilient people ( on both sides) and could contribute enormously to a new Ireland. People like me have a strong affinity with ROI, and yet we are treated as pariahs by many in the South , and that D7 is a barrier to progress. Hopefully you can learn from most ROI posters on this board in appreciating where we are coming from.
The majority of people in the south would vote tomorrow for a UI and that's unconditional.
D7 is talking through his hole when purporting to speak on behalf of the 'free people'.
I never said anyone in the republic wouldn't vote for it. Clearly you didn't bother reading what I wrote. If it comes to a border poll I expect it to pass comfortably however that's irrelevant if it fails in the North. That's the important and relevant poll

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 26, 2021, 12:10:04 PM
Lol, these posts complimenting MON seemed to triggered poor auld Fear a site.  ;D

Boom boom boom everyone say Whoa-oh, whoa-oh! ;D ;D ;D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

6th sam

Quote from: dublin7 on April 26, 2021, 12:48:21 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 25, 2021, 11:58:57 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 08:50:24 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 25, 2021, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 06:30:48 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 25, 2021, 04:28:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 25, 2021, 03:04:20 PM
"pbat" was going well with a very sensible post but let's himself down with the "FFG" botism :-\

Why do some of the northern posters keep claiming FF/FG don't want/are afraid/against a border poll? It has no basis in reality and makes no sense.

Outside of SF none of the political parties in the south ever bring up or have released their policies on a united Ireland as the electorate in the south don't see this as even remotely relevant and it won't be happening anytime soon.

Until SF publish their policy (as the only political party who are calling for for a poll) to force FG/FF to take a position no one knows what the rest of the political parties in the south will do

Are you serious?
I have no party political alignment, but I've seen you
roundly criticise SF at every juncture, yet you're waiting for them to lead the two parties who have shared power between them since the foundation of the state .
I think it's sad (and a major barrier to progress) when those from the 26 counties who are proud of their republic, have no interest or empathy for fellow republicans up North whose ancestors helped the formation of that republic, but were left to paddle their own canoe in a sectarian anti-Irish state.
Maybe  it's a case of Mé Féiners against Sinn Féiners?

I'm simply pointing out in the south a united Ireland is not a political issue or something the vast majority care about. That's not because of some crazy FF/FG conspiracy or agenda, but because for most of the people a united Ireland is something they'd like in theory. Issues like the economy, health service, housing etc are way way more important to them than some idealogical point. You consider it sad, but that's the way it is.

What exactly are people like me in the south doing to put a barrier to a united Ireland? Surely it's up to the people in NI to decide that for themselves or force the issue?

Thanks for the clarity D7 and Tbf , owning the "Mé Féin" attitude, I find it sad but respect it . I'll explain why that's a barrier to progress. Republicans in the South have lived in their republic since 1921, their republican allies north of the border have endured a sectarian based state in that time. More recently we have been "ruled" by one of the most regressive far-right parties in Europe. The contribution of many in the south ( usually for party political reasons ) is to target SF and espouse an attitude of "you're all the same up there, sort it out amongst yourselves", therefore effectively helping to cement DUP dominance . This attitude is represented by the lack of rapport , disdain , and hypocritical judgement displayed by Ryan Tubridy towards , a very impressive and fair MON on Friday night past. Rather than "pinching your nose" and looking down on Northern republicans, try to appreciate where we come from...walk a mile in the shoes of your fellow countrymen. Even a partitionist can envisage how much more effective we could be as an island in the absence of conflict and a culture of respect and rapport for all. Many of us in the North have great friends who are unionist and respect them. We're not a cantankerous rabble, we're a resilient people ( on both sides) and could contribute enormously to a new Ireland. People like me have a strong affinity with ROI, and yet we are treated as pariahs by many in the South , and that D7 is a barrier to progress. Hopefully you can learn from most ROI posters on this board in appreciating where we are coming from.
The majority of people in the south would vote tomorrow for a UI and that's unconditional.
D7 is talking through his hole when purporting to speak on behalf of the 'free people'.
I never said anyone in the republic wouldn't vote for it. Clearly you didn't bother reading what I wrote. If it comes to a border poll I expect it to pass comfortably however that's irrelevant if it fails in the North. That's the important and relevant poll
Fair point

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 26, 2021, 03:16:24 PM
Thought I had strayed to the Newsletter site.....

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-td-to-commemorate-evil-and-sectarian-killer-who-tried-to-murder-arlene-fosters-father-in-terrorist-gun-attack-40356347.html

Or Sinn Fein Commerate Irishman executed in cold blood by British Army, if you actually read the shite that is in that article instead of just reading the Indo headline.

michaelg

Quote from: Itchy on April 26, 2021, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 26, 2021, 03:16:24 PM
Thought I had strayed to the Newsletter site.....

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-td-to-commemorate-evil-and-sectarian-killer-who-tried-to-murder-arlene-fosters-father-in-terrorist-gun-attack-40356347.html

Or Sinn Fein Commerate Irishman executed in cold blood by British Army, if you actually read the shite that is in that article instead of just reading the Indo headline.
Surely the old 'live by the sword, die by the sword' adage would apply when your are shot dead on "active service"?