Mairead Meehan RIP

Started by galwayman, January 31, 2007, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Just heard the sad news of the passing of Mairead Meehan, sister of Galway footballers Deccie & Michael and former players Tomas & Noel and girlfriend of current player Kieran Fitzgerald.
She was in her in her 20s and had been ill for some time as far as I know.

Sincerest condolences to the Meehan family and all in Caltra GAA from a fellow club footballer.

ziggysego

Incrediably sad news. My deepest condolences to her family and friends. Rest in Peace.
Testing Accessibility

realredhandfan

Tubberman

Very sad news.
Just makes you think - you expect lads to go out and perform every time, and you rarely stop to think that maybe something much bigger that a game of football could be effecting them.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

full back

mouview

Condolences to a very genuine and decent GAA family, totally unspoilt by success or talent.

No offence intended, but are you sure of this passing? There had been false rumours earlier in the week...

OkeyDoke

Yes Mouview, this is confirmed.
May she rest in peace

GalwayBayBoy

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads, this sort of thing really drill home how stupid we can be sometimes, getting all worked up about the minor details and sport in General.

RIP, and condolences to all her family, friends and loved ones.

myball22

Yes very sad news indeed. RIP.

youbetterbelieveit

my sincere condolescences, jeez mid twenties that is scary when its your own age!

resdubwhite

Had the pleasure of meeting Enda Meehan and his wife a couple of years ago in a pub in Auckland. Very nice bloke indeed.

Shocking news that the family lose one so young.

Sympathies to all concerned.

Sandy Hill

A particularly tough call for parents.
RIP
"Stercus accidit"

dodo

Condolences to the family and friends.
May she rest in peace.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann