Senseless attacks on Orange Halls

Started by mournerambler, June 05, 2009, 11:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8084495.stm
Not sure what these thugs think they are trying to achieve or what cause they think they are representing by these stupid attacks on Orange Halls, as we approach silly season in The North this does absolutely nothing except to raise tension in these areas.

Hereiam

Would have my suspicions about orgins of these attacks. The O.O get well compensated don't you know.

SLIGONIAN

No harm no one hurt. Ive no time for oo or there culture. Sure what do the marches do, they should all be banned because all there out to do is raise tension. Its a case of scum attacking scum.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gnevin

Quote from: Hereiam on June 05, 2009, 11:18:51 PM
Would have my suspicions about orgins of these attacks. The O.O get well compensated don't you know.
::) ::) Sure don't the GAA get well compensated when their "clubs house" burn down
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 05, 2009, 11:20:17 PM
No harm no one hurt. Ive no time for oo or there culture. Sure what do the marches do, they should all be banned because all there out to do is raise tension. Its a case of scum attacking scum.
Just like the GAA matches are out to raise tension among the "prods" . Sure its a case of scum attacking GAA scum .

::) ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

mournerambler

Hereiam, I'd be surprised to be honest if it was an inside job, an attack on any property is wrong in my view, wether it be a GAA club, Orange Hall etc it's wrong & I don't think at this stage you should be trying to make little of it by hinting that it was done by the O.O.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2009, 11:25:35 PM
Non related but who is doing the Vladimir Putin in West Belfast?

Across from the PD the other day and up the Glen Road last night.
What are you on about?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mournerambler

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2009, 11:25:35 PM
Non related but who is doing the Vladimir Putin in West Belfast?

Across from the PD the other day and up the Glen Road last night.
You've lost me here hardstation ???

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Gnevin on June 05, 2009, 11:23:38 PM
Just like the GAA matches are out to raise tension among the "prods" . Sure its a case of scum attacking GAA scum .

Are you saying the GAA are opposites on the other side to the OO, we play a game, they march celebrating battles past over us. Big Difference in how both sides celebrate our cultures and not comparable. Is it GAA associated people attacking Ohs, i doubt it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gnevin

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 05, 2009, 11:30:59 PM

Are you saying the GAA are opposites on the other side to the OO, we play a game, they march celebrating battles past over us. Big Difference in how both sides celebrate our cultures and not comparable. Is it GAA associated people attacking Ohs, i doubt it.

Of course there is a difference but they march we name our clubs after "terrorist" and sing a "foreign anthem" before our games . Tey see if from the other side

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2009, 11:32:08 PM
A boyo shot in the knees in the hallway of a block of flats in South Link a couple of nights ago.

A boyo shot in the knees and wrists last night on the Glen Road (Rosnareen direction).
IRPS, CIRA, OIRA, RIRA, Saor Uladh, Saor Eire... maybe one of them
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mournerambler

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2009, 11:32:08 PM
A boyo shot in the knees in the hallway of a block of flats in South Link a couple of nights ago.

A boyo shot in the knees and wrists last night on the Glen Road (Rosnareen direction).
Alec Maskey on Radio this morning said he doesn't know who done it, so there's a poor chance of people on the board knowing.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Comparing the GAA and the Orange Order is idiotic. No one ever burnt 3 children to death because a football match was called off.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 05, 2009, 11:30:59 PM

Crucially it is the people who burn down gaa clubs that think there is an equivalence. Toerags who attack Orange halls play into the hands of these people so you have to fear for clubrooms in the area.

DennistheMenace

Well he was hardly going to come out and say yes 'I know who done it' is he ?

They probably didn't get it for not finishing their dinner.