Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Best of luck to him, hope he's given time, money and patience.

lenny

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2021, 12:16:06 PM

Realistically he'll be gone by christmas, maybe february at the latest. The next appointment will have to be much better and the preparation should start now.

trailer

Quote from: lenny on June 10, 2021, 01:27:35 PM

Realistically he'll be gone by christmas, maybe february at the latest. The next appointment will have to be much better and the preparation should start now.

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness
Paul from the Green Brigade

tonto1888

Best of luck to the great tarrier chief. Looking forward to seeing what he brings

Targetman

While he's not the appointment most were hoping for lets just give the man a chance and see what he's gonna do before throwing him out the door, its a massive reward for winning the league this year, hope he's prepared for whats in store!

charlieTully

Quote from: trailer on June 10, 2021, 03:50:18 PM

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness

You know something. I'm not even joking when I say this. I would love to give you a good slap.

balladmaker

Pos ... te ... cog ... lou is here for 10 in a row, 10 in a row .... fits in well!

trailer

Quote from: charlieTully on June 10, 2021, 08:23:47 PM

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness

You know something. I'm not even joking when I say this. I would love to give you a good slap.

Lol. Spoken like a true Celt!

straightred

Quote from: Targetman on June 10, 2021, 07:30:16 PM
While he's not the appointment most were hoping for lets just give the man a chance and see what he's gonna do before throwing him out the door, its a massive reward for winning the league this year, hope he's prepared for whats in store!

That's pretty much it. What gives me hope is that the tribute act are no great shakes and we all know that slippy isn't great under pressure. Stay in it until Christmas and then bring in a few more signings to push on and win it.

dublin7

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness

It's funny cause it's true. Celtic have no chance to attract a manager like Benitez and that Eddie Howe would turn them down with no other job available speaks volumes.

Rangers took a punt on Gerrard and it worked out for them. Celtic are taking a punt on this Australian lad. He's even accepted a rolling 1 year contract as he is so unproven. What decent  manager would seriously accept terms like that if he was appointed as manager of a club

balladmaker

Maybe he has full confidence in his ability to be a success so such a rolling contract poses no concerns for him.

ned

Quote from: dublin7 on June 10, 2021, 11:33:11 PM

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness

It's funny cause it's true. Celtic have no chance to attract a manager like Benitez and that Eddie Howe would turn them down with no other job available speaks volumes.

Rangers took a punt on Gerrard and it worked out for them. Celtic are taking a punt on this Australian lad. He's even accepted a rolling 1 year contract as he is so unproven. What decent  manager would seriously accept terms like that if he was appointed as manager of a club

Post full of complete bull. Do a bit of research before contributing.

Main Street

Quote from: ned on June 11, 2021, 12:17:49 AM

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness

Are you not being grossly optimistic  that a level of basic scholarship (not yet evidenced by D7)   could overcome his manic bullshittery disorder?

An Astrail

Ange is a rebuilder - more or less every team he's gone to, he has cleared out the dead wood quickly and then moved on from there. His teams play a good style of football with an attacking focus.

While the Scottish Premiership is a step up from the A League and the J League, it's not as far as some are making out.

The risk is this - apart from when he's moved to a bigger job, he has generally left clubs not for a lack of success but because he upsets the suits. Hope the board are ready to back him.

dublin7

Quote from: ned on June 11, 2021, 12:17:49 AM

LOL

Next manager shortlist

Rafa Benetiz
Roy Keane
Jose Mourinhou
Jack Ross
Neil Lennon
Jimmy McGuinness

That's not much of a contribution yourself. At least mine has some truth in it compared to yours.

It is a risky appointment and how many other managers are working under 1 year rolling contracts? Doesn't exactly scream long term and/or confidence from the Celtic board that he's the man for the job. Rodgers wasn't appointed on a 1 year deal, but at least he had a proven track record in management.