NFL Division 2 - 2021

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2021, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I propose the county the thread-starter is from be promoted automatically to Division 1 again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Jases Farr you must be lonely in there!
I'd expect your bucks will saunter back up handy enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

any one see the Mayo panel announced 48 members( and a good case to be made for another half dozen atleast) and 20 backup team, there were even pen pics in Sportsfile for about 24 hours.
but it all seems to have disappeared now
Must have bee a leak
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Quote from: rosnarun on May 12, 2021, 04:46:18 PM
any one see the Mayo panel announced 48 members( and a good case to be made for another half dozen atleast) and 20 backup team, there were even pen pics in Sportsfile for about 24 hours.
Must have bee a leak

All in seen on sportsfile was about 5 pictures of James Horan and 1 of Rob Hennelly and 1 of Castlebar Mitchell's keeper Rory Byrne.

48 members sounds like a lot I presume that number includes the feeder/development panel.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thejuice

Hard to know how it will go given lock downs and all that, who's been training, who hasn't etc. Only bits and pieces coming out about the panel at the moment. From what I gather David Toner, Ronan Jones are injured or not available. Mickey Newman is back in the squad but fitness is questionable. Marcus Brennan our goalkeeper last year isn't with the panel I think but not sure. We'll know more after Sunday but it's hard to make any estimations at the minute.

I'd be hopeful we can do something but hard to see who is best placed to replace Jones alongside Menton.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

MayoBuck

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 13, 2021, 05:46:00 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 12, 2021, 04:46:18 PM
Must have bee a leak

All in seen on sportsfile was about 5 pictures of James Horan and 1 of Rob Hennelly and 1 of Castlebar Mitchell's keeper Rory Byrne.

48 members sounds like a lot I presume that number includes the feeder/development panel.

The full panel was up on sportsfile for 2 days but it's gone now. I think the panel was cut down from 48 earlier this week.

Ohtoohtobe

Kildare: Mark Donnellan; Mark Dempsey, Mick O'Grady, Eoin Doyle; Kevin Flynn, David Hyland, Ryan Houlihan; Luke Flynn, Aaron Masterson; Alex Beirne, Daniel Flynn, Paul Cribbin; Jimmy Hyland, Kevin Feely, Darragh Kirwan.

Alex Beirne makes his debut and Ryan Houlihan returns after a four/five year absence. Not sure whether Feely will genuinely play FF but if so it's not an experiment I'd have a lot of faith in.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rosnarun

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 14, 2021, 04:41:34 PM

Nice progression again with Hession and Brickenden coming in , though i was sure Botle would play just to add that bit of experience  but its  all Duck or no Dinner now ,
Wonder is Coen available or out of Favour,

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to the Mayo team today. Start of a newish era. Can't predict anything as we all know it's a young Mayo team and I don't know much about Down. Hopefully the lads will get a home league win, unlike last year where no points were gained in MacHale Park.

thejuice

Meath (Allianz FL Division 2 v Westmeath):

Andy Colgan;

Seamus Lavin,
Conor McGill,
Ronan Ryan;

Eoin Harkin,
Shane McEntee (c),
Donal Keogan;

Bryan Menton,
Padraic Harnan;

Ethan Devine,
Darragh Campion,
Matthew Costello;

Jordan Morris,
Thomas O'Reilly,
Cillian O'Sullivan.

Subs: Harry Hogan, Gavin McCoy, Fionn Reilly, Jason Scully, Jack O'Connor, David Dillon, Danny Dixon, Bryan McMahon, James Conlon, Eamon Wallace, Donal Lenihan.

No new faces on the starting 15. Shane McEntee captain won't go down well with the Andy Mc haters but he's well established now in the squad and hardly a weak link by any means.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

macker15

Winners of Cork and Kildare will play Mayo in final. Clare and Westmeath for relegation. Laois could be dark horses in league.

Blowitupref

Quote from: macker15 on May 15, 2021, 12:36:18 PM
Winners of Cork and Kildare will play Mayo in final. Clare and Westmeath for relegation. Laois could be dark horses in league.

1st in North group v 2nd in South group and 2nd v 1st in the semi final play offs.

I'd expect

Mayo v Kildare
Meath v Cork

Two winners promoted. Will be no final as I think it will clash with a few teams championship opener?

larryin89

Is james carr injured ? It's absolutely ridiculous the secrecy that surrounds mayo county panel,  wtf is it all about?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on May 15, 2021, 01:40:14 PM
Is james carr injured ? It's absolutely ridiculous the secrecy that surrounds mayo county panel,  wtf is it all about?

Not in the panel today.