Free Staters and their hypocrisy on their violent, bloody past

Started by Angelo, May 11, 2021, 09:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2021, 06:39:31 PM
The treaty was signed and any self governance was taken very quickly.

People may choose to stay as uk citizens, I do t know any, some southern citizens will choose not to have a United Ireland, that's their choice. Like it was in 1920
Instead of churning out bumper sticker utterances of nordie victim-hood history, go and actually read about your own Irish history. you haven't got the foggiest notion of 20c Irish history.
And quit waffling about nordie nationalists,  there are not enough of them now ready to vote for an UI. Stockholm syndrome.
The vast majority  of southerners would vote for an UI

I'd even rather live in Cavan for life than spend a month in the occupied north. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2021, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2021, 06:39:31 PM
The treaty was signed and any self governance was taken very quickly.

People may choose to stay as uk citizens, I do t know any, some southern citizens will choose not to have a United Ireland, that's their choice. Like it was in 1920
Instead of churning out bumper sticker utterances of nordie victim-hood history, go and actually read about your own Irish history. you haven't got the foggiest notion of 20c Irish history.
And quit waffling about nordie nationalists,  there are not enough of them now ready to vote for an UI. Stockholm syndrome.
The vast majority  of southerners would vote for an UI

I'd even rather live in Cavan for life than spend a month in the occupied north.

I didn't say the vast majority wouldn't vote for a UI, you're making stuff up now. It's ok, I'm not bothered if you want to stay away from here, no biggy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2021, 06:33:20 PM
And now there's a sizable rump of Northern nationalists who are very happy with their lot as dual nationals and wouldn't vote for an AI tomorrow, a major block on the path to unity.
These are what are commonly known as unionists.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2021, 06:33:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2021, 06:15:43 PM
I've given some examples of the war in the north during that period, there are countless more. I can't be arsed posting them up. You said they were cowards, that's fine if you believe that.

It's still won't change how the south signed away the north and partitioned the country, you didn't do it, the government at the time did.

The south thought it was the right thing to do at the time, you'd have a different view had you been born in, let's say Belfast.
Sold out my arse,  partition was already a de facto reality years before the truce. And even with that certainty there was a bloody civil war disagreeing with the terms of the  watery treaty.  We were sold out to the English by Pope Adrian, you don't hear us moaning about that and wallowing in victim-hood.  And now there's a sizable rump of Northern nationalists who are very happy with their lot as dual nationals and wouldn't vote for an AI tomorrow,  a major block on the path to unity.

Aye, because Irish nationality in the North meant a big pile until recently. It was only properly recognised due to the De Souza case.

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2021, 05:33:50 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on May 15, 2021, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2021, 05:13:44 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 05:12:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2021, 05:10:16 PM
You sold out, you feel bad about it and deflect accordingly. Shame on you
I don't feel bad about it at all, I'm delighted I did sell out actually

More people should have sold out and much quicker

You are happy with how the north was sold out? Ok, then there's nothing to discuss.

The north did nothing of consequence in the war of independence

The usual nordie setting of blaming someone else

There's no blame, the minute the south turned its back it created a political nightmare. Anyone that doesn't see that and is sympathetic to the Palestinian struggle is a hypocrite, my opinion, I don't need to blame anyone. That's just what happened

So you think the Republic should have stayed part of the UK, without even a Home Rule parliament, never mind independent statehood

6th sam

I don't ever remember this board being as toxic as it has in recent months. A lot of it transparent trolling , with presumably intelligent posters taking the bait.
I can't believe that this thread has reached 28 pages in a week where British forces and their political leaders were exposed in court for cold blooded murder of innocents , then besmirching their names , and waiting 50 years to give an apology which was grossly insulting to those families.
Look at the BLM movement, rightly up in arms about racial injustice. How would it look if Paras went into a black neighbourhood and shot innocent blacks in their backs and left a mother of 8 to bleed to death , continued attacks over 3 days ignoring the opportunity to reflect and step back, then be allowed to manipulate the media in besmirching their name. Their colleagues in the RUC conducting cursory inadequate investigations.
I don't condone any death, and know families on " both sides "  who have suffered , and they must remain at the centre of our thoughts. Surely  it's appropriate  this week to reflect  on one of the most horrific pre-mediated outrages in this islands history without point scoring .
Thankfully the views of trolls on this board are not representative of the majority of people on these islands who will be concentrating on real life issues .

yellowcard

Quote from: 6th sam on May 15, 2021, 09:25:50 PM
I don't ever remember this board being as toxic as it has in recent months. A lot of it transparent trolling , with presumably intelligent posters taking the bait.
I can't believe that this thread has reached 28 pages in a week where British forces and their political leaders were exposed in court for cold blooded murder of innocents , then besmirching their names , and waiting 50 years to give an apology which was grossly insulting to those families.
Look at the BLM movement, rightly up in arms about racial injustice. How would it look if Paras went into a black neighbourhood and shot innocent blacks in their backs and left a mother of 8 to bleed to death , continued attacks over 3 days ignoring the opportunity to reflect and step back, then be allowed to manipulate the media in besmirching their name. Their colleagues in the RUC conducting cursory inadequate investigations.
I don't condone any death, and know families on " both sides "  who have suffered , and they must remain at the centre of our thoughts. Surely  it's appropriate  this week to reflect  on one of the most horrific pre-mediated outrages in this islands history without point scoring .
Thankfully the views of trolls on this board are not representative of the majority of people on these islands who will be concentrating on real life issues .

Well said, I haven't even bothered to read the most recent pages upon pages of toxic posts because I have a fair idea of what's in them. It seems that the determination to score cheap political points supersedes everything else. Just sad really.

imtommygunn

GAABoardMod5

Deleted a few posts and possibly some that were harmless enough...apologies to any poster aggrieved by a missing, but genuine post.

Thread being locked now.  Don't want to rush into bans right now – I've more important things to do on a Saturday than go through every post to determine who is feuding with who.

Feuds will be identified and the culprits dealt with.