Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2021, 09:53:00 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2021, 09:28:43 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:15:55 AM
Ah ya.

Let's just ignore deaths and serious side effects associated with the vaccines as they don't suit the narrative.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/brisbane-teen-reportedly-develops-blood-clots-after-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-c-2868616

How many 18 year olds have died from Covid or being seriously impacted in Australia?

Ah sure fit and healthy people dying and getting serious side effects from the vaccine is all a big laugh.
Wife went to bed early with her second jab, I was on high alert, had to make dinner, dishes and put a wash on

It's very simple, if you believe not taking the vaccine is safer than catching and passing on the virus to others then don't take it. But with that I'd prefer that you self isolate and avoid contact with others that are likely to have serious issues should they catch the virus.

I'd say with your personality self isolating is very easy, I doubt very much you are in contact, physically with anyone  ;)

The vulnerable have been vaccinated for a number of months now and Covid deaths have fallen off a cliff.

The impact of it on under 40s is negligible at best and very dangerous at worst.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Louther

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:24:53 AM

Vaccines have their uses for the vulnerable categories (the elderly and medically compromised), apart from that their effect is negligible at the very best and downright dangerous at the worst.

How many smallpox deaths this year? Are there many with polio in Tyrone. How many deaths from measles?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2021, 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:24:53 AM

Vaccines have their uses for the vulnerable categories (the elderly and medically compromised), apart from that their effect is negligible at the very best and downright dangerous at the worst.

How many smallpox deaths this year? Are there many with polio in Tyrone. How many deaths from measles?

That's hysterical.

You're really comparing the fatality of Covid to Smallpox?

If you are citing polio vaccines as a great win you might want to tell that to the hundreds of people left paralysed and other dead after getting them.

I think it's clear that you are trying to twist the narrative here.

The data overwhelmingly states that if you are fit, healthy and young Covid is of the most minimal threat to you, so I fail to see the upside of getting the vaccine when we have seen the amount of cases which have resulted in serious illness and deaths associated with the vaccine.

trailer

It's obvious that the people who are refusing the vaccine don't have a lot of intelligence.

Angelo

It's obvious that people who don't get the vaccine are confident enough to exercise their own judgement and not be coerced by what the mob demand they do.

Stoops generally wouldn't know what having a bit of backbone entails.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 12:31:50 PM
It's obvious that people who don't get the vaccine are confident enough to exercise their own judgement and not be coerced by what the mob demand they do.

What about the younger ones that have died or as in Bolton haven't had the vaccine and are in hospital because of the virus ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2021, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 12:31:50 PM

What about the younger ones that have died or as in Bolton haven't had the vaccine and are in hospital because of the virus ?

What younger ones have died?

Let's look at the O6

61,500~ cases of under 40s getting Covid.
7 deaths.
A 0.000114% of dying from Covid if you are under 40 by those figures.

And that's before you even analyse the fact that over 90% of people who have died with Covid have had underlying health conditions.
The fact that a death is recorded as a Covid death if you tested positive within 14 days of dying, irrespective of whether or not Covid was the main factor in your death.
The fact that hospice deaths have been included in the Covid death figures.

So I would say Covid is as much a risk to the under 40s as getting behind the wheel of a car to make a 20 mile trip is.

What's the upside to an u40 getting a Covid vaccine?

Milltown Row2

I put in Bolton in my post, as an example of people who were entitled to have the vaccine refused it and are now suffering with it.

Again, don't get it I'm fine with that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on May 19, 2021, 12:26:10 PM
It's obvious that the people who are refusing the vaccine don't have a lot of intelligence.

That kind of sh*te sickens me hole. I bet ya you're fierce intelligent - according to yourself ;D. Personally I will take it, for the simple reason I see it as the only viable solution out of the crisis, stop variants of potentially far worse strains developing.
I would not for one second look down at those who have educated themselves enough to make a clear decision (cost/benefit analysis) not to the the vaccine. I know plently of educated people who for their own good reason will not take the vaccine. The my body my choice pro abortion birgrade, suddenely have turned the opposite, this hyprosicy pisses me off too. My kids all under 15 won't be getting it.
Trailer a bit like Sid, you have little crediability here, have a read of your posts from earlier in this thread ffs. You disappeared for 6 months & thought you could re-invent yourself, maybe you read a chit load of books on everything & now you're an over night expert ;D Or maybe somebody else has taken over your account.

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 12:11:16 PM
You're really comparing the fatality of Covid to Smallpox?

If you are citing polio vaccines as a great win you might want to tell that to the hundreds of people left paralysed and other dead after getting them.

In my younger days I certainly knew people left paralysed after getting polio. I never knew anyone paralysed after the vaccine.

QuoteI think it's clear that you are trying to twist the narrative here.

I presume "twist the narrative" is Tyrone for "you are proving me wrong".

QuoteThe data overwhelmingly states that if you are fit, healthy and young Covid is of the most minimal threat to you, so I fail to see the upside of getting the vaccine when we have seen the amount of cases which have resulted in serious illness and deaths associated with the vaccine.

We have seen feck all cases of illness with the vaccine considering that hundreds of millions of them have been used. More people fell down the stairs, should we ban stairs?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TabClear

Quote from: Rudi on May 19, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

That kind of sh*te sickens me hole. I bet ya you're fierce intelligent - according to yourself ;D. Personally I will take it, for the simple reason I see it as the only viable solution out of the crisis, stop variants of potentially far worse strains developing.
I would not for one second look down at those who have educated themselves enough to make a clear decision (cost/benefit analysis) not to the the vaccine. I know plently of educated people who for their own good reason will not take the vaccine. The my body my choice pro abortion birgrade, suddenely have turned the opposite, this hyprosicy pisses me off too. My kids all under 15 won't be getting it.
Trailer a bit like Sid, you have little crediability here, have a read of your posts from earlier in this thread ffs. You disappeared for 6 months & thought you could re-invent yourself, maybe you read a chit load of books on everything & now you're an over night expert ;D Or maybe somebody else has taken over your account.

That's the key for me. I am sceptical about the stats that are thrown about like a 20 year old has a x% chance of dying from Covid but a y% chance of developing a blood clot from the vaccine etc so why should they get the vaccine?. Most of the stats I have seen quoted from people against the vaccine only take into account mortality and not potential longterm issues which I suspect would significantly change the outcome if you were able to include them. If you take society as a whole then it clearly is beneficial to have as many people vaccinated as possible as it reduces transmission and the chances that a  new, deadlier variant comes along that impacts everyone.

All hypothetical but is it reasonable that a small proportion of people (say the 20 year olds) are significantly increasing the chances that a new, more deadly strain develops because they are ensuring the virus lives on by their increased transmission rates?

Taylor

Quote from: TabClear on May 19, 2021, 02:03:10 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 19, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

That's the key for me. I am sceptical about the stats that are thrown about like a 20 year old has a x% chance of dying from Covid but a y% chance of developing a blood clot from the vaccine etc so why should they get the vaccine?. Most of the stats I have seen quoted from people against the vaccine only take into account mortality and not potential longterm issues which I suspect would significantly change the outcome if you were able to include them. If you take society as a whole then it clearly is beneficial to have as many people vaccinated as possible as it reduces transmission and the chances that a  new, deadlier variant comes along that impacts everyone.

All hypothetical but is it reasonable that a small proportion of people (say the 20 year olds) are significantly increasing the chances that a new, more deadly strain develops because they are ensuring the virus lives on by their increased transmission rates?

A number of people in the 18-30 age group that I have spoken to have said they have no need to take it.

First question I ask before getting into a debate is what happens if you cant get to Ibiza (for example) this year without it - 'f**k that, I will get it then' is the most common response.

Many, that I have spoken to, who are refusing it are just doing so without any particular reason - not because they have educated themselves.

And once it impacts their party holiday then they will be first in queue to get the jabs.

Other people who say they arent getting it because Covid wont impact them are forgetting the impacts of Long Covid (which has been proven), variants as well as increasing the risk for their loved ones