Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Elon Musk has proven how big investors can manipulate this market and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't all just part of a strategy to enrich himself.

trailer

CARDANNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Eamonnca1

I've been doing prosper.com for years, the peer-to-peer lending site. I took out a few loans with them over the years for buying cars. Since I started investing in it I've got some decent returns. I used to browse the loan listings manually but now I just have auto-invest to pick the balance of risk that I want, and I throw a small amount of money into it each week. I was making about 6%, but I adjusted the balance to make it a bit more conservative, and now I'm getting 7.5%. Fewer people defaulting on their loans, maybe.

tiempo

Hound

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 13, 2021, 11:23:17 PM
I've been doing prosper.com for years, the peer-to-peer lending site. I took out a few loans with them over the years for buying cars. Since I started investing in it I've got some decent returns. I used to browse the loan listings manually but now I just have auto-invest to pick the balance of risk that I want, and I throw a small amount of money into it each week. I was making about 6%, but I adjusted the balance to make it a bit more conservative, and now I'm getting 7.5%. Fewer people defaulting on their loans, maybe.
Linked finance the best decision I've made in recent years.
You put the money up to lend to small business at seeming highly rates 5% to 15%, but still better rates than the banks give them. And quicker decisions
Trick is to be patient, go for small loans to many borrowers - reduces the impact of bad debts. But linked finance does the work to reduce the chances of bad debts.

trailer

Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2021, 10:03:04 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 22, 2021, 03:21:17 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 18, 2021, 02:19:11 PM
I get that you don't think BTC is valuable. You have made that point repeatedly.  Like a I said a few posts back, let's bookmark this conversation for 2025 and see how things look; until then we are both wasting each other's time.

Well Joe/Mick? Bad couple of days for the bubble. Hasn't exactly burst but a little of the hot air has escaped. No doubt it will build up again.

I don't know what the significance of 2025 is and I have no idea what the value of BTC will be in 2025. Could be £500k or could be Nil.And it could be £500k on 2025 and Nil in 2026. That's my point.

Still can't get anyone who can tell me what underpins its value.

Everything I have in, I can afford to lose. But the rough idea is to hold BTC till 2025 unless there are huge profits between now and then. But the overall idea with it is long term.
With ADA I was hoping for short term gains between 5 or 10x. Dunno how likely that'll be now. Prepared for that to go to zero. But it didn't have the huge breakout that other coins have had and they are due to make some announcements around it's platform in the next month, so we will see.
I have a very small stake in XRP which is a punt as I bought round 30p. It could skyrocket off the back of the SEC case or it could go to zero. But I have only £500 in it.

This is possible now. About 3x at the min.

general

Huge Losses across all crypto today!

Bitcoin 13%
Ethereum 19.55%
Litecoin 17.77%

Beginning of the end??

trailer

Quote from: general on May 19, 2021, 12:16:18 PM

Bitcoin 13%
Ethereum 19.55%
Litecoin 17.77%

Beginning of the end??

Dunno. I bought more Bitcoin this am. Long term it's still a good investment I feel.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: trailer on May 19, 2021, 12:23:29 PM

Bitcoin 13%
Ethereum 19.55%
Litecoin 17.77%

Beginning of the end??

Dunno. I bought more Bitcoin this am. Long term it's still a good investment I feel.

yep buy the dip and hodl, it's a long term play, not some get rich quick scheme

Hound

Bitcoin 13%
Ethereum 19.55%
Litecoin 17.77%

Beginning of the end??
Huge losses if you both in the last week.

But they're still up 20%-30% if you bought 3 months ago and 100%-300% if you bought a year ago.

RedHand88

Bitcoin 13%
Ethereum 19.55%
Litecoin 17.77%

Beginning of the end??

No. Its experienced worse weeks than this and bounced back stronger. Waiting to this bottoms out before buying.

Maroon Manc

Mayhem in the crypto markets the last half hour

Taylor

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 19, 2021, 01:57:59 PM
Mayhem in the crypto markets the last half hour

XRP having a nightmare.

Havent looked at the rest - they the same?

Maroon Manc

Sat here watching Cardano the last hour and it wasn't far of 50% down at one stage.