The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: Gmac on March 14, 2021, 03:45:33 PM
Jamie heaslip is some dose on co commentary

Where are you watching it. I am watching on peacock. They have rory lawson and Mark Robson

JPGJOHNNYG

Lowe, Keenan, Gibson park couldn't tackle to save their lives. They need dropping for the England game

Estimator

James Lowe done again. How many tries lost to his missed tackles in this 6 Nations???
Ulster League Champions 2009

Tatler Jack

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 14, 2021, 04:26:11 PM
Lowe, Keenan, Gibson park couldn't tackle to save their lives. They need dropping for the England game

Spot on. Lowe is a liability.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gmac on March 14, 2021, 03:45:33 PM
Jamie heaslip is some dose on co commentary
He's a dose full stop. I had to stop following him on social media.

JPGJOHNNYG

I like the way JGP insists on kicking the ball back to Scotland everytime. What was he trying to achieve.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Lowe is cat shouldn't be there before Lamour
Did James Ryan get another concussion?
Line out is excellent , if Ireland play like that against England they will get smashed in the tackle and be going backwards all day like the last couple of years , need something different for next day whether they have it is a different question.

screenexile

Ireland should have won that game at a canter only for individual errors and not controlling things at the right time.

Wales have stolen a triple crown probably the worst team to win one in a long time. Not a whole pile between England/Scotland/Ireland/France but France the marginally more consistent side.

Really don't see how Wales can beat France they're not a better team but maybe they can ride this win streak to a Grand Slam but I doubt it especially after the French getting a wake up call yesterday.

It's been a very competitive tournament I enjoyed the 2
Games yesterday and today.

trailer

f**k the box kick chase is all Ireland have. That's it. Terrible to watch.
If Wales win this it will be incredible. A full Irish 15 or Scotland for that matter hump them everyday. They're very ordinary.

Italy should be told to piss off. Completely pointless. Game was over after 10 mins yesterday and BP secured within 30 mins. It's a disgrace the performances they put in and they're making a mockery of the tournament.

France unlucky v England, but I love this French team. Definitely going in the right direction.

Orior

Quote from: trailer on March 14, 2021, 05:45:27 PM
If Wales win this it will be incredible. A full Irish 15 or Scotland for that matter hump them everyday. They're very ordinary.

Italy should be told to piss off. Completely pointless. Game was over after 10 mins yesterday and BP secured within 30 mins. It's a disgrace the performances they put in and they're making a mockery of the tournament.

France unlucky v England, but I love this French team. Definitely going in the right direction.

Yes indeed. Go forward in rugby the ball has to be thrown backwards.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Nanderson

I'm not sure what league they are trialling this in but the league Rob Kearney is playing in now is doing the 50:22 rule which looks like a good way of rewarding a good kick into the opposition 22 by giving the kicking team the line out ball rather than the defending team

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on March 14, 2021, 05:45:27 PM

France and England are a bit ahead of the Irish, Welsh and Scots but as the Welsh have proven if they fall short (as England did against  them) then one of the three can get the win, but 9 times out of 10 the English or French will beat the other three.

Ireland are a hard watch all the same. The pack are the strength of the team. lineouts good, a few steals yesterday from them, scrums solid and with Beirne stealing the ball at least 2 or 3 times a game, they give the backs a decent platform.

And then that's where it goes flat.
Box kick, flat passing that's not going to beat any decent defensive team, crash ball, phase after phase after phase. Heck, even the box kicks are now getting blocked down pretty frequently as the world and its dog knows whats coming. Heck even furlong was able to beat two tacklers with a bit of footwork.

The French coach talked about playing in the chaos, Ireland play by numbers, too regimented and terrible at offloading in the tackle.

Predictable stuff.

pbat

I think Ireland rugby's whole stance on player recruitment is leaving them harder for me to support them like I used to. At the weekend Niall Annett played his 100th game for Worchester Warriors as hooker yet we had Rob Herring from South Africa at number 2 yesterday, Donnacha Ryan and Simon Zebo discarded for going to France yet a blind eye was turned to Sexton. We have James Lowe who to be honest wouldn't get near England, France, Wales or Scotland squads and Billy Burns on the bench who knew he hadn't a hope of getting an England cap.