The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Two dreadful kicks from Burns. Nearly as bad a meltdown as his brother a couple of years ago.

Barnes a f**king muppet there. How was the deliberate knock-on not yellow? Then towards the end after Ringrose was tackled, Welsh player lying in the wrong side of the ball tries to play it and Barnes shouts "no!". Should have been an immediate penalty.

Rudi

dublin7

Heroic effort from Ireland. Played done quality rugby at times, but mistakes killed them. Earls with 2 bad errors in the space of a couple of minutes cost them the 1sy try and Burns kick at the end. Tadhg Beirne was immense and the best player on the pitch

Tatler Jack

Does Billy get a stipend for his brief appearance or will he be expcted to throw something in to the kitty.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2021, 05:09:46 PM
Two dreadful kicks from Burns. Nearly as bad a meltdown as his brother a couple of years ago.

Barnes a f**king muppet there. How was the deliberate knock-on not yellow? Then towards the end after Ringrose was tackled, Welsh player lying in the wrong side of the ball tries to play it and Barnes shouts "no!". Should have been an immediate penalty.

Barnes up to that point I thought was dead on, yellow at the end should have been given, the other one maybe his linesman should have helped him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2021, 05:09:46 PM

Barnes up to that point I thought was dead on, yellow at the end should have been given, the other one maybe his linesman should have helped him?

Barnes saw it and because he shouted, the Welsh player pulled his hand away. Given the circumstances, it should have been called as a penalty immediately.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 05:09:30 PM
How Cooney isn't the second replacement for Sexton is beyond me, more to his game than burns
The third mystery of Fatima
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2021, 05:37:25 PM
How Cooney isn't the second replacement for Sexton is beyond me, more to his game than burns

Cooney's best position is scrum half. He's doesn't even play regularly at 10 for Ulster. It would be madness to pick him as a 10 at international level

trailer

Too many average players in that Irish side. Wales are pretty dire as well and will probably only beat Italy.
I'd imagine we've seen the end of Peter O'Mahoney in an Irish jersey. He was always just on the fringes when others were available he didn't make the side. Thanks Peter but we'll take it from here.
We need another credible option for Murray. He's to one dimensional. Offers nothing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on February 07, 2021, 05:40:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2021, 05:37:25 PM

Cooney's best position is scrum half. He's doesn't even play regularly at 10 for Ulster. It would be madness to pick him as a 10 at international level

I know, I said he offers more than his kicking, but his kicking is better than Burns..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nanderson

Quote from: trailer on February 07, 2021, 05:43:39 PM
Too many average players in that Irish side. Wales are pretty dire as well and will probably only beat Italy.
I'd imagine we've seen the end of Peter O'Mahoney in an Irish jersey. He was always just on the fringes when others were available he didn't make the side. Thanks Peter but we'll take it from here.
We need another credible option for Murray. He's to one dimensional. Offers nothing.
I like gibson parkes in at scrum half. Always seems to raise the intensity when he comes on. Has the same energy as Aaron Smith for the All Blacks. Would like to see him get a start more. Ideally you'd want cooney in there but farrell just doesnt see him as an option

Main Street

Kudos to the rugby chaps, I enjoyed that performance, good intelligent rugby in the first half and a gutsy finish to  retrieve something  at the end. Wales got out of jail.

Rudi

Did Wales deserve to win that game? I'm thinking no.

Lar Naparka

By what we saw today, the Italian game is the only one we'll be short odds to win.. :(
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi