Pundits & reporters with terrible Irish

Started by BeanPháidín, October 29, 2008, 12:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2008, 10:21:53 PM
Watched this programme on TG4 tonight called Oireachtas na Gaeilge or something. It was all in Irish. No subtitles or English option. What are these knuckle-draggers at?
To quote David Healy - "The famine is over". No need for Irish.
Of course not  ::)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on November 02, 2008, 01:19:06 PM
Another invaluable contribution from ardwackabu......
Well if your contributions were made out of paper, I would be tempted to wipe my ass with them.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

ardmhachaabu

Watched this programme on TG4 tonight called Oireachtas na Gaeilge or something. It was all in Irish. No subtitles or English option. What are these knuckle-draggers at?
That is what I have a problem with, in a nutshell.  A lot of people have put a lot of work into reviving the language.  Attitudes such as yours piss me off.

BeanPháidín

Hardstation

"Watched this programme on TG4 tonight called Oireachtas na Gaeilge or something. It was all in Irish. No subtitles or English option. What are these knuckle-draggers at?"

How do you propose these 'knuckle draggers subtitle a live programme?

Greatest car crash of a comment yet. Well done!

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: hardstation on November 02, 2008, 07:32:34 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 02, 2008, 01:56:59 PM
That is what I have a problem with, in a nutshell.  A lot of people have put a lot of work into reviving the language.  Attitudes such as yours piss me off.
What you should have said is - "A lot of people have put a lot of work into trying to revive the language."
The word in bold is most important.
Here is the truth - "A lot of people have made a lot of money making a complete ballix of the Irish language. They have not revived it, they have been hammering nails into the coffin of the Irish language."

That woman - Hook, line and sinker.

How can you make such a sweeping statement about a movement that has increased in size immeasurebly over the past 15-20 years with the introduction of TG4 and RnaG, as well as Lá Nua the daily Irish language paper and countless other sources from the media!

To insinuate that the language is dead shows your ignorance and disrespect for the language and the people involved in the sectors that make it a living language in many parts of this island on a Daily Basis!

How can the language be dead if so many people are using it? Baffles me!!

Out of interest, were you not a contributor, As Gaeilge, to the Snáth Gaeilge (Irish language thread) a while back????????????
I think you were. This just shows, that by taking part in that discussion, you're keeping this 'Dead Language' alive!!

Maith thú a mhic!!

ardmhachaabu

So tell us all who are all these people profiting out of the language

ardmhachaabu

Come on hardstation, put up or shut up.

Who are all these people who are profiting from the language and killing it while simultaneously trying to revive it?

Name names. 

ONeill

Gael Linn. Never win a thing. The seller last week was wearing new jeans. You tell me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.