Should Women be allowed in Team Dressingrooms?

Started by Barney, October 28, 2008, 09:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteShould Women be allowed in Team Dressingrooms?

Of course.  Where would they get changed otherwise?

moysider

Quote from: blast05 on October 29, 2008, 12:45:36 PM
The situation is simple.

Mayo GAA PRO's have always been allowed into the dressing rooms before games and at half times.
This also included the current lady PRO
The situation changed because the PRO applied for the secretaries job when it was advertised as a full time permanent position.
The long term sitting secretary got the job as expected and took the hump that the PRO dared apply and along with his old school characters that make up the rest of the executive are now forcing her out by 'deciding' she is no longer allowed in the dressing room.

Discussions about who should or should not be allowed in the dressing room is seperate to this issue as is talk of whether or not a woman should be allowed in an all male dressing room or vice versa.

Correct. You ve nailed it better than I tried to do earlier.

Bacon

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on October 29, 2008, 02:54:23 PM
Men shoudent be goin in wemens changing rooms and wemen shoudnt be goin in mens. I no a boy got trew out a the keys in Newry for that crack

Do you mean the Quays Shopping Centre?

PRO has no place in the changing room.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

blast05

QuoteShe shouldnt be allowed in the dressing room unless she is a medical professional or is actually responsible for the taking of team names, correspondence with the ref etc. End of story. You cant have hangers on like that. I dont believe she was ever allowed in the dressing room.

Wrong Abbeysider - Mayo GAA board PRO's have always been allowed into the dressing rooms - FACT. She hasn't been allowed in since she looked to become secretary.
Your first point is valid but should be de-coupled from this situation

leenie

Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on October 28, 2008, 09:18:08 PM
No call for that blade being in the changing room at that time!

Furthermore, i always maintain that no women should be entitled to tickets for big games (all ireland finals etc) until all the men have been sorted out first.

hilarious ..... not!

my experience of being big game at my local pitch the lads didn't seem to give a hoot about the women about.... nor did they know how to close the loo door!!!!

and yes i was their making the tea!!!! (a very important role i might add)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mylestheslasher

When I am in dressing room before or after a match I hate to see anyone in there except the players, manager, selector and Physio. If some of them are women thats fine with me. I don't want to see the chairman, secretary, ex players, sponsor, sponsors mother or anyone else in there.

The GAA

Quote from: blast05 on October 30, 2008, 01:39:09 PM
QuoteShe shouldnt be allowed in the dressing room unless she is a medical professional or is actually responsible for the taking of team names, correspondence with the ref etc. End of story. You cant have hangers on like that. I dont believe she was ever allowed in the dressing room.

Wrong Abbeysider - Mayo GAA board PRO's have always been allowed into the dressing rooms - FACT. She hasn't been allowed in since she looked to become secretary.

you're implying that her application for the secretary post was not welcome at county board level?

AbbeySider

Quote from: blast05 on October 30, 2008, 01:39:09 PM
She shouldnt be allowed in the dressing room unless she is a medical professional or is actually responsible for the taking of team names, correspondence with the ref etc. End of story. You cant have hangers on like that. I dont believe she was ever allowed in the dressing room.
Quote from: blast05

I dont know Blast, I havnt really heard of a PRO being in the dressing room for the purpose of writing team sheets and slips for the referee at club level. I assumed that all that was done by the secretary. So with that, what purpose has a PRO being there in the first place?
I wouldnt wholly agree with too many bodies in the dressing room idling around. Thats just where im coming from.

BTW I didnt meant to jump down your throat. I just hate and get frustrated with the way we (in Mayo) always do our washing in public.
This kind of stuff shouldnt have left the county board meeting, let alone be plastered on the local papers or this board.

small white mayoman

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 30, 2008, 03:22:07 PM
. I just hate and get frustrated with the way we (in Mayo) always do our washing in public.  shouldnt have left the county board meeting, let alone be plastered on the local papers or this board.

Well i hope they let the PRO do the washing she seems to have a lot of time on her hands ;)
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

stpauls

Quote from: youngfella on October 29, 2008, 03:10:03 PM
I should know but what does PRO stand for ?

as no one else answered your question, i will. it means Public Relations Officer!

full back

I think he meant a different type of Pro st pauls

stpauls

Quote from: full back on October 30, 2008, 04:55:04 PM
I think he meant a different type of Pro st pauls

sorry, didn't catch that one FB!  ;)

Lecale2

Latest developments:-

Mayo PRO fails to get nominated
19 November 2008

Mayo county board will have to reconvene early in the New Year to elect a new PRO after the outgoing Noelle Horan failed to receive a nomination for next month's county convention.

Because of this unusual development and the fact that there are no other nominations for the position, a new PRO cannot be elected at county convention on December 1 in Claremorris. Mayo secretary Sean Feeney explained that only a handful of clubs returned nomination forms before last Monday week's deadline, and the outgoing PRO was not nominated by any club to retain her position.

"Every club in the county was sent a nomination paper and were asked to nominate for the various county board positions," he said.

"All the positions were blank on the nomination forms except for the president, Eddie Cuffe, who only came into the position last year, and secretary, because that is now a full-time role.

"No club nominated the outgoing PRO, and even when you're outgoing, you have to be nominated. This means that the position of PRO will not be filled at convention. What will happen is that the clubs will be asked to nominate candidates for the position early in the New Year."

Horan only became aware that she had failed to receive a nomination when she received an e-mail on Sunday evening last that was sent to all county board officers and clubs in the county.

She will remain as Mayo PRO until the county convention, and will be able to vote on all motions at that meeting. No positions are being contested at this year's convention.

full back

Bomber

Quote from: full back on November 19, 2008, 02:00:02 PM
Why didnt her own club nominate her?

I was thinking the same myself! Can she still be nominated as a candidate in the New Year?