Ross and Brand, Comedy or not

Started by Square Ball, October 28, 2008, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Sure his TV show got an extra 1.4 million viewers on Friday. Probably all Daily Mail readers....
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Jonathan Ross is a lying ****. He told Tom Hanks he never saw The Da Vinci Code when I distinctly remember him slagging the life out of it when it was out!

Edit: Hardstation never misses a f**king thing!

Yes I Would

Hes a smarmy bastid alrite, but could have swore it was Tom Hanks he was chattin to!

Tony Baloney

He's a two faced git as he told someone else this series that he hadn't seen their movie when it was a blatant lie as he slagged it off previously. It embarrassing as I'm sure the guests know rightly he is wetting up their leg.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2009, 11:53:12 PM
He's a two faced git as he told someone else this series that he hadn't seen their movie when it was a blatant lie as he slagged it off previously. It embarrassing as I'm sure the guests know rightly he is wetting up their leg.
They prob don't give a f**k though Tony as most of them are obsessed with themselves and their latest movie/single/book *delete as applicable.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2009, 11:45:55 PM
Jonathan Ross is a lying ****. He told Tom Hanks he never saw The Da Vinci Code when I distinctly remember him slagging the life out of it when it was out!

Edit: Hardstation never misses a f**king thing!
He said didnt see it when it first came out then he said he seen it later but he liked Angels and Demons better.  

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 08, 2009, 11:56:54 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2009, 11:53:12 PM
They prob don't give a f**k though Tony as most of them are obsessed with themselves and their latest movie/single/book *delete as applicable.
I'm sure they know themselves when they've been in a shit film!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Ross interview Hanks last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_vKqVSgZOI
8 minutes in the da vinci code comes up, Ross seems fairly honest with him to me. 

Tony Baloney

I can't view the you tube clip. Is the clip compatible with what he said last night which is that he didn't see it when it first came out but when he did see it he loved it?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 09, 2009, 07:43:24 AM
I can't view the you tube clip. Is the clip compatible with what he said last night which is that he didn't see it when it first came out but when he did see it he loved it?
He said to Hanks that the da vinci code needed more naked scenes likek charlie wilsons war and that he didnt know what was going on it. Hanks took it well and told him to basically stuff his review (good naturedly) and then hanks agreed it was a complicated film. 

I didnt notice him saying he loved it last night, if he did then I agree he shouldnt have but then it's a thin line between being honest and not insulting your guests and it's not news night you're watching.

Tony Baloney

The other one this series was when interviewed that doll Emily Mortimer and skirted giving any opinion on The Pink Panther 2 as he absolutely slated it on Film 2009. It was really weird. Usually if he doesn't want to offend he says his kids loved it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 09, 2009, 09:09:21 AM
The other one this series was when interviewed that doll Emily Mortimer and skirted giving any opinion on The Pink Panther 2 as he absolutely slated it on Film 2009. It was really weird. Usually if he doesn't want to offend he says his kids loved it.

He's said before that if he doesnt like a film he'll generally not bring it up or say he hasn't seen it (which he can only do if he hasn't reviewed it obviously).  A fair enough policy imo.

ziggysego

Radio DJ Tom Binns has been dismissed from Birmingham station BRMB after he interrupted the Queen's speech while on air.

After the station accidentally took a feed of the Queen's annual address on Christmas Day, stand-up comedian and presenter Binns opted to cut it off, telling listeners: "Two words: Bor-ing."

He then made a joke about the French royal family being beheaded before introducing the next record, Last Christmas by Wham!, by saying, "from one Queen to another..."

BRMB owner Orion Media Group subsequently sacked Binns after a "small number" of listeners complained about the comments, including one who issued a death threat.

"On Christmas Day, one of our presenters Tom Binns made some inappropriate comments surrounding the Queen's speech," said Orion Media programme and marketing director David Lloyd.

"We do not condone what he said in any way, whether said in jest or not. We are making contact with the small number of listeners who were offended by Tom's comments and have complained to us to convey our apologies and have also apologised on air. Tom will now not be featuring again on our radio stations."

In response, Binns claimed that he cut the speech short because the station was actually supposed to be transmitting a news bulletin.

Speaking to comedy website Chortle, he said: "I knew it shouldn't be there, but having never heard it before, I didn't know how long it was going to go on for. I'm not trained to make editorial decisions, but I decided to get rid of it and make a joke.

"I then went into an old riff about how people say the royal family are good for tourism, but the French beheaded theirs and people still visit France. The next record was George Michael's Last Christmas, so I made some sort of comment about 'going from one Queen to another' as a parody of a cheesy DJ.

"Nobody would have tuned in to hear the Queen's speech and I tried to deal with in in a funny way. After all they employ comedians to make jokes."

Binns described his dismissal as a "knee-jerk reaction" and said that broadcasters are now "scared to death" of any complaints following a series of high-profile controversies.

"It's got to the point where comedians aren't allowed to say anything that could possibly offend anyone anymore," he added.

In October, comedian Frankie Boyle quit Mock The Weak after the show was rebuked for his comments about Olympic swimmer Rebecca Adlington.
Testing Accessibility

whiskeysteve

Describing the queens speech as 'boring' is totally out of bounds then.

what a bunch of wankers in Orion Media Group, obviously no DJ or comedian could feel comfortable working for them.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

Jonathan Ross has quit the BBC. He'll see out his contract until July, but won't be renewing it.
Testing Accessibility