Ross and Brand, Comedy or not

Started by Square Ball, October 28, 2008, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

imtommygunn

Tom Cruise is on.

I'd love to see Ross start taking the piss out of scientology to get a rise out of him. (I'd guess he'd walk off though)

Never gonna happen though.

pintsofguinness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1126880/Andrew-Sachs-family-torn-apart-Jonathan-Ross-phone-scandal.html

Did you ever see anything so dragged out and pathetic  ::)
What's the Daily Mail's obsession with Ross all about? 

An hour to go!

Bogball XV

I happened to find the russell brand show podcast from the week prior to the controversial show, Brand and David Baddiel were on about yer one Georgina in that episode too and how the whole troupe of the satanic sluts had been over for an orgie one day when Baddiel dropped in his kid for brand to mind for an hour!!  Manuel came up too.

pintsofguinness

Jeeze, couldnt see Brand as a babysitter.

pintsofguinness

Great show, great to have him back.

Surprised wiht cruise, I'd always him down as being cocky but he seemed sound from that. 

Doogie Browser

Stephen Fry is a great interviewee, has a great knack of making any subject interesting.  Cruise was very insular almost, most unlike my perceprion of him upto now.  Like or loathe him he has been in some great films down the years.

ziggysego

I thought Cruise was very good. Not how I imagined him at all. There were rumours he was going to pull out because he didn't approve of Wossy, but he seemed to be revelling in the craic.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on January 23, 2009, 11:43:54 PM
I thought Cruise was very good. Not how I imagined him at all. There were rumours he was going to pull out because he didn't approve of Wossy, but he seemed to be revelling in the craic.
Who said that? The Daily Mail?  ::)

Thought you'd know better than to swallow that shite ziggy

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Cruise is an actor. Have youse noticed? He'll give Ross the performance he thinks the people want to see. He and his team of publicists will know that being cocky and acting like a star won't go down well with audiences of a British chat show.

Ross has noticably toned it down a bit. You could listen to Stephen Fry talk all night about anything!

Uladh

Didn't see the show last night and i'd gotten away from watching him over the last year. i used to be an avid fan but i felt it was getting very cliched and stale. the enforced break might actually preserve the longevity of the show.

have to admit i love fry. very very engaging man

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 24, 2009, 12:38:16 AM
Cruise is an actor. Have youse noticed? He'll give Ross the performance he thinks the people want to see. He and his team of publicists will know that being cocky and acting like a star won't go down well with audiences of a British chat show.

Ross has noticably toned it down a bit. You could listen to Stephen Fry talk all night about anything!

Ach I dont think so Tony, if Cruise was a cocky p***k he wouldnt give a shite.  He has no reason to sell himself to the public, people will go see the films he's in even if he is cocky.  I'm pretty sure I've read Ross saying before (think it might be in his book) that Cruise was very easy to deal with, doesnt make demands, very friendly etc, it surprised me.  Great actor but for some reason I could never warm to him, Ive a different view of him after last night though. 

laceer

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 23, 2009, 11:38:26 PM
Stephen Fry is a great interviewee, has a great knack of making any subject interesting.   Cruise was very insular almost, most unlike my perceprion of him upto now.  Like or loathe him he has been in some great films down the years.

Completely agree.I always look out for shows he's interviewed on. He's an intelligent man