Gerry Anderson - Radio Six Counties

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, October 28, 2008, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I met him one night in the grand Opera house. I was in the toilets having a piss. He came and started telling yarns - I nearly pished myself.

He has been badly missed as past while on radio, TV and life in general. He'll be even more missed now that he's never going to be on the airwaves again.

RIP Gerry.

As Skull said earlier, Gerry was on the funniest entertainers out there.

ONeill

There were times I near crashed the motor with tears in my eyes for laughing.

This stuff - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00gg2yt
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fhv44
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theskull1

Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2014, 06:36:46 PM
I met him one night in the grand Opera house. I was in the toilets having a piss. He came and started telling yarns - I neatly pished myself.

I can hear him laughing now at that one  ;D

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Any of you remember the morning the man from Magherafelt called in wanting to give away his parrot ?.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA5KZQAOj3I

Eamonnca1

Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2014, 10:46:53 PM
Any of you remember the morning the man from Magherafelt called in wanting to give away his parrot ?.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA5KZQAOj3I

Took me five minutes to stop laughing! Jesus!

lawnseed

This sucks! I was under the impression that he was going to be back. I quit listening to coyle because I was gonna finish up pulling the dash out of the van. I loved him and hated him but I always ha him on. He is the greatest broadcaster this country has ever produced. A man of huge life experience who shortened my working day and nearly always left me hummin or whistling some tune you'd never hear on any other show. Ive lost a friend I think theres not many people who I want to hear for 11/2 hours five days a week. Rip ger, founding member of the good craic club.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once