Gerry Anderson - Radio Six Counties

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, October 28, 2008, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

I'll miss him - he was a fantastic broadcaster, didn't give a flying f**k most of the time it seems! RIP Gerry

JUst retired

Sad news to hear. He was a ledgend in broadcasting.  There will never be another like him.

5 Sams

Sad to hear that....however am I the only one who didn't find him funny :-\
The Aristocrat Years

ONeill

Sad news to wake up to. Loved his stuff. Stopped listening to the radio after he went off sick.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ulick

End of an era for me. Had hoped he'd be back but clear now no one will ever come close to Gerry at his best.

Feckitt

Who sings that 'Indians' song that is being played on the Gerry show now?

Keyser soze

Sad to hear this about Gerry. Legend.

theskull1

Oh dear...I thought this day would come shortly

To me Gerry was the most entertaining radio show presenter I've ever heard

RIP Gerry
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

Quote from: theskull1 on August 21, 2014, 10:42:17 AM
Oh dear...I thought this day would come shortly

To me Gerry was the most entertaining radio show presenter I've ever heard

RIP Gerry

Truly sad, i will be downloading every podcast of the Anderson show i can get hold of over the next few days particularly for moments when i need cheered up.  He was some man for one man.

Applesisapples

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 21, 2014, 09:42:24 AM
Sad to hear that....however am I the only one who didn't find him funny :-\
No I didn't either, still sad though.

Keyser soze

He was a bit marmite and very much an acquired taste which was forcefed to me in my mother's house but became a must listen too over the years. They played a couple of his clips on GMU this morning and I was laughing at the complete irreverence with which he treated some guest callers and the respect he showed for others, always managing to get it right on the nail every time. A complete genius who appeared to get through a 1 1/2  hour show every morning without appearing to have done any planning or preparation or scheduling and never seemed to run out of stuff to talk about.

blewuporstuffed

RIP Gerry,
Always enjoyed his shows when i got the chance to listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOR895yhIw

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Saw him at Balmoral Show and he looked very frail then and was walking aided by a stick. Wasn't entirely my cup of tea but I could recognise how good he was when I head him.

Orior

Gerry was always easy to listen to in the morning. He also introduced me to a lot of music that I never would have encountered otherwise and I still enjoy today.

I also learned a few weeks ago that Geordie is from the Scarva / Poyntzpass area.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Terry Wogan on BBC Radio Ulster there paying tribute.On at least two occasions Sir  Terence made reference to "Derry/Londonderry"